We hope everyone enjoyed the Thanksgiving break with loved ones. We are thankful for all our Loma Verde Wildcats and the opportunities to teach them. A big thank you to all our families for their continued support at home in their learning. All students return on Monday, November 28 for a full day of learning with regular dismissal times.
- Monday, 11/21-Friday, 11/25 NO SCHOOL – THANKSGIVING BREAK
- Monday, 11/28 Student Return to School – Regular Day
- Wednesday, 11/30 2:30 Kona Ice
- Wednesday, 11/30 6:00 p.m. Family Focus Series “Bullying Basics: What Families Need to Know” @ District Office (see flyer)
- Thursday, 12/1-Friday, 12/16 Loma Verde Holiday Shop
- Monday, 12/5 2:30-3:30 Loma Verde Chorus @ Room 301
- Thursday, 12/8 8:15 Coffee with the Principal & ELAC Meeting
- Friday 12/9 8:15 5th & 6th grade ACE Awards
- Friday, 12/9 1:00 PTO Spirit Shirt Sale, Loma Verde Food Distribution & Community Resource Fair
- Saturday, 12/10 12:00-2:00 Loma Verde Toys for Joy @ Memorial Park
- Monday, 12/12-Friday, 12/16 6th Grade to Camp Marston
- Monday, 12/12 8:30 TK & Kinder ACE Awards
- Tuesday 12/13 8:15 1st & 2nd grade ACE Awards
- Tuesday, 12/13 5:00 Kinder Dual Immersion Holiday Performance
- Tuesday, 12/13 5:00 p.m. Family Focus “Keeping Kids Safe Online” @District Office (see flyer)
- Wednesday, 12/14 6:00 CVESD Board Meeting
- Thursday 12/15 8:15 3rd & 4th grade ACE Awards
- Thursday, 12/15 Quarter 2 Perfect Attendance Dance
- Friday, 12/16 Report Cards Go Home, LAST DAY OF QUARTER 2
- Monday, 12/19-Monday, 1/9 NO SCHOOL WINTER BREAK
- Tuesday, 1/10 Students Return, Minimum Day, 1:00 dismissal
- Click Here for the 2022-2023 Calendar
Kona Ice – Wednesday, Nov. 30
The Kona Ice truck will be here this Wednesday, November 30th from 2:30pm until approximately 3:15pm. Prices range from $4 to $8. Cash is preferred but they also take cards.
PTO Holiday Shop is Coming!
The PTO Holiday Shop is coming back to Loma Verde this year! It will be open from Thursday, December 1 through Friday, December 16 in the library. This is an opportunity for students to purchase inexpensive gifts for their friends and family. All the proceeds go to the Loma Verde PTO and benefit all of our scholars. More information will be sent home soon!
Congratulation to our Wildcat Students of the Week #16!
|Kinder: Soleil, Casey, Amaris, Madison, Pablo, Leilani|
|1st: Damian, Ruby, Nicole, Genesis, Noa, Aaron|
|2nd: Nathaniel, Ian, Regina, Analiese, Azael, Stella, Logan|
|3rd: Lorenzo, Elmer, Daniel, Brayan, Roxanna, Gabrielle, Alondra|
|4th: Yarem, Leah, Hailey, Delilah, Arianna, Addy|
|5th: Becker, Erick, Alexander, Viviana|
|6th: Oliver, Jaime, Logan, Arlette, Dante, Desmarie, Catalina|
Week #16 TK-6th grade attendance average: 86.9% (Goal is 98% or higher)
Top Class with Highest Attendance in Week #16 (11/14-11/18):
- 96.3% Room 303 Mrs. Polanco Campos `1st grade
Rooms 204, 304, and 403 have had 10 days of perfect attendance so far this quarter! They received a class popsicle party!
Our school’s average daily attendance is 91.5% so far this year. Our goal is 98%
REMINDER: Students need to be at school every day, arrive on time, and stay in school for the entire day.
- LET’S IMPROVE OUR ATTENDANCE AT LOMA VERDE!
- Students should only miss school if they are sick. Those with symptoms can return with a negative Covid test, no fever for 24 hours without fever-reducing medication, and symptoms improving. STUDENTS DO NOT NEED TO BE SYMPTOM-FREE to attend school. We have plenty of rapid tests at school–just ask in the office. If you have a special circumstance and need an independent study, please let us know.
- Please make sure your child is here by 7:55 a.m. and lined up on the blacktop (1st-6th grade) or by the classroom (TK-kinder). If they arrive after 8:00, they will be marked tardy.
- We begin a secure campus at 8:00 a.m. Parents/guardians must exit promptly at 8:00. Thank you.
- Students can arrive as early as 7:15 a.m.
- FREE breakfast is served 7:15 a.m. to 7:45 a.m.
- If your child/children is absent it is very important to call the office to report the reason for the absence (619-420-3940). Please leave a voicemail or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Absences that are not reported will be considered UNEXCUSED. After 3 unexcused absences and/or tardies you will receive a truancy letter.
- If you pick up your child/children early and/or they are tardy for personal reasons this is considered unexcused.
- Remember to bring a doctor’s note. Vacations, dentist, and doctor visits should be scheduled during our breaks whenever possible.
- If your child misses school, they are missing out on important learning!
- Our school staff will be scheduling SART (School Attendance Review Team) meetings with parents/guardians, calling home, and doing home visits for students who are chronically absent (missing 10% of school or excessive tardies).
- Thank you for helping to get your child to school every day and one time!
CVESD Science Adoption Materials Input
The Chula Vista Elementary School District is in the science adoption pilot process. In a curriculum adoption process, it is critical that as many stakeholders as possible have access to viewing the potential programs and reviewing the print and digital materials. We want to ensure that the curriculum meets the needs of all of our students across the district and helps to prepare our students for 21st-century careers. We welcome input from parents, community members, and staff!
The district’s Science Adoption Committee sorted through nearly 20 different programs and narrowed it down to two good options: Twig and STEMscopes materials are available in the school media center and library. The materials are available there so that staff, community, and family members can have access to the materials easily. Materials will be accessible at our school from Thanksgiving Break until mid-January. If there is a staff member or community member that would like to view all the units from the program, please contact our district Science Coordinator, Marlys Williamson by email at Marlys.Williamson@cvesd.org to schedule a time to view the materials at the district offices located at 84 East J. Street, Chula Vista, CA 91910.
Federal Impact Survey Forms Due
Federal funds are provided to the school district based on the number of students enrolled in our schools whose parents/guardians reside or work on Federal Property or are on active duty in the military. Send the completed form by email to email@example.com or drop it off at the school office Monday-Friday between 7:30-4:00. This form will be sent home this week to parents/guardians. See below how to complete the form. Thank you!
Parent Workshop Series
The Chula Vista Elementary School District is starting a new Family Focus Series for families to learn more about pressing topics such as bullying, social and emotional well-being, and more! This is a wonderful learning opportunity for our families to participate in upcoming workshops. Check out all the topics below! Free childcare and dinner are provided for all attendees.
The first workshop is on November 30. Monique Myers with the San Diego District Attorney’s Office will present “Bullying Basics: What Families Need to Know.”
- Click here to access our 22-23 School Handbook
- Students must have a Cell Phone Waiver on File before bringing cell phones onto campus. Click on LV Cell Phone Waiver 22-23 to access the file.
- Please screen your child for Covid-19 symptoms each day before school. Anyone with symptoms must test negative and fever-free and improving symptoms to return to school. We have a FREE COVID test for anyone who needs one.
- If your child has any pre-existing conditions, including those with Covid-like symptoms (e.g. allergies, asthma), please provide documentation from the doctor so that we can have it on file. This will help prevent your child from being sent home if they have symptoms of a chronic condition.
- Please send a water bottle with your child. Water bottles can be filled at the classroom sink or outside drinking fountains.
- Do not send candy, sports drinks, or soda to school with your child.
- Label lunch boxes, water bottles, and sweaters with your child’s name.
- No toys, trading cards, fidgets, or sports equipment from home are allowed at school.
Please Complete Feeding San Diego Backpack Survey
PLEASE COMPLETE the Feeding San Diego-Food Backpack Survey if you pick up food from Loma Verde Elementary on Fridays. Your response assists in continuing to provide the program for our school. Thank you!
Wellness Policy Reminder – Birthday Celebrations
We understand that celebrating your child’s birthday is a happy occasion and may be something you want to share with their classmates at school. Please note that food is not allowed for birthday celebrations as part of our district’s Wellness Policy. Only non-food items will be permitted at school.
Non-food suggestions include: coloring books, crayons, books, school supplies, stickers, pencils, erasers, whiteboard markers, etc.
Any food items brought to school for birthday celebrations will be sent home or returned to parent(s).
CHULA VISTA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT SUMMARY OF WELLNESS POLICY (BP 5030)
The Chula Vista Elementary School District (CVESD) recognizes the link between student health and learning and is committed to providing a healthy school environment that promotes student and staff wellness, proper nutrition, nutrition education, and regular physical activity. The CVESD Wellness Policy (BP 5030) was revised August 9, 2017. It updates and reflects changes to all federal, state, local, and District guidelines. Additionally, the policy was re-organized and headings added for clarity and organizational purposes.
Summary of Key Wellness Policy Guidelines- School and District Community:
- Prohibiting food items in celebration of a student’s birthday on the school site during the school day.
- Permitting no more than two parties/celebrations with food for each class, per school year, to be scheduled after lunch whenever possible. All food items should be store-bought, pre-packaged, and/or pre-wrapped for food safety and allergies.
*The complete Wellness Policy can be found here.
Free COVID Testing
Families may come to the school office, Monday- Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to receive a free antigen test. The testing is not required. Please report any positive cases to our school office at (619) 420-3940 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weekly, voluntary COVID-19 testing will continue on our school campus via Campus Clinic each week. Parents and legal guardians must opt-in to the program and no child will be tested without proper consent. If families would like to watch a video on the registration process, they can visit: https://campusclinic.org/how-to/ .
For this free testing support, please email: email@example.com.
For community testing at the kiosks, individuals will need to register on-site. You only need to register one time for a test through the kiosk.
DONATION NEEDED for cases of water for our classrooms. If you are able to donate a case of water please drop it off at the school office between 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Thank you!
LOST AND FOUND
Please note that the lost and found rack will be at the front of the school. Remember to use a permanent marker to put your child’s name on jackets, sweaters, lunch bags, and water bottles.
Breakfast & Lunch Menu
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PHONE: 619-420-3940
- Loma Verde CVESD Website: https://lomaverde.cvesd.org/
- Principal Mrs. Bree Watson email@example.com
Our school/District utilizes the SchoolMessenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more. You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. Click here for more information.
FOLLOW UP ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
- Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
- Loma Verde Instagram – lomaverdewildcats Install the app to follow our photos and videos. https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=1ip9wfy7lwpmu&utm_content=otsqk0b
- Loma Verde Facebook – Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.