Are You Receiving Emails From School and Our District?
Hello Families! Our goal is to inform families of school events and provide important announcements for the coming week. Please contact the school office firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not getting the School Messenger emails and texts. We also recommend you “Follow Our Blog” by entering in your email in the field to the right of this information if you are viewing on a computer or at the bottom of the blog if you viewing it on a phone. This way, you will receive automatic updates as they are released. The weekly blog will be sent out at the beginning of each week through CVESD School Messenger, ClassDojo, and Loma Verde’s Facebook page. Thank you for reading the weekly blog.
Your Input is Needed!
Please complete the Loma Verde Elementary School Parent Involvement Survey to help us better plan for the 2021-2022 school year. It will take approximately 4 minutes to complete. https://forms.office.com/r/AcvvpTNR7H
We want to share a few important reminders:
You may have many questions regarding current school procedures. Please view the Loma Verde Parent-Student-Handbook for important information about our school and the CVESD Safe Return to School Parent Playbook & CVESD Safe Return to school Parent Playbook-SPANISH for current COVID-19 Safety Information. There is also more information on the safe reopening of school on the CVESD website.
- All staff and students will wear masks while indoors and may remove masks outdoors. Teach your child to place their mask either under chin, on wrist, or in pocket when not in use. If you choose to use a mask lanyard, please ensure that it has a breakaway feature for safety. Please note that scarves and gaiters are not a substitute for masks.
- Students may take off masks during lunch and recess
- Students may take off masks during outside instruction or activities
- As of now, parent volunteers are not allowed on campus
- Please screen your child for Covid-19 symptoms each day before school.
- If your child has any pre-existing conditions, including those with Covid-like symptoms (e.g. allergies, asthma), please provide documentation from the doctor so that we can have it on file. This will help prevent your child from being sent home if they have symptoms from a chronic condition.
- Please send a water bottle with your child. Water bottles can be filled at the classroom sink. Drinking fountains are now open on the blacktop by the 300 and 400 buildings.
- Label lunch boxes, water bottles, and sweaters with your child’s name!
PARKING, DROP-OFF, AND PICK-UP
All of us at Loma Verde want to thank our families and community members in advance for their patience and understanding as we try to accommodate the many vehicles that arrive each morning and afternoon at our school. We strongly recommend that families use the drop-off and pick up areas we have established at school. Drop off students only in the drop-off zone.
- If you must leave your car, park in the parking lot, not the bus loop.
- NO dogs during arrival and dismissal.
- Please do not park in RESERVED spaces or the staff parking lot.
- Students must walk bikes on the sidewalk.
- The drop off window is between 7:15-7:45 AM for students that are eating breakfast on campus and 7:30-7:55 AM for students that are not having breakfast at school. Students will line up on the blacktop in the morning between 7:30-8:00 AM where they will be supervised by Loma Verde staff. Each class has a designated place to line up. Teachers will pick their classes up on the blacktop at 8:00 AM. Instruction begins at 8:00 every day. Your child will be considered tardy if they are not on campus by 8:00 AM.
- TK, SDC preschool, and preschool parents: please follow your teacher’s instructions regarding drop off.
- Students who are not picked up by 2:45 PM (1:15 pm on minimum days) will be escorted to the office and must sign in. The person picking up the child must come to the office to sign him/her out.
- Parent may come onto campus to drop off their child in the morning between 7:30-7:55 AM and from 2:30-2:45 PM (1:00-1:15 minimum days) to pick up their child(ren). Per CVESD guidelines, please say good-bye quickly to your child at the gate, classroom, or blacktop classroom line and exit immediately after dropping off your child. Parents are NOT allowed in buildings at this time. Please pick up your child outside the classroom and leave campus promptly. We recommend that you wear a mask if you are unvaccinated. Gates will be locked at 2:45 PM and 1:15 PM on minimum days.
- For everyone’s safety BE PATIENT, KIND, and CONSIDERATE.
COVID Testing in Chula Vista
Chula Vista Elementary School District is offering free testing at the Education Services and Support Center at 84 East J Street, Chula Vista 91910:
- Monday – Thursday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Friday 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
El Distrito de Escuelas Primarias de Chula Vista está ofreciendo pruebas gratuitas en las Oficinas Centrales, 84 East J Street Chula Vista CA 91910:
- Lunes a jueves 8:00 AM a 4:00 PM
- Viernes 8:00 AM a 3:00 PM
Meet the Teacher/Curriculum Night will be held virtually this year for 1st-6th grade and in-person for TK-kinder families. You will receive a link from your child’s teacher to join the 1st-6th grade event on Thursday, August 12, 6:00-6:40 or 6:45-7:25 PM. Each teacher will present twice, and will record the session. If you miss the session, it will be shared with you on the classroom ClassDojo.
Kinder will meet in person in the outdoor lunch area on Thursday, August 12 from 6:00-6:40 PM and TK will meet in person on Friday, August 13 at 11:20-11:45 AM in the classroom. More details will be sent out to kinder and TK parents.
WANTED! School Site Council (SSC) Parent Representatives!
School Site Council is looking for new members! If you are interested in making decisions about our school budget and Single Plan for Student Achievement, please consider getting involved. Elections will be held the week of August 4-6, 2021. The Loma Verde SSC bylaws specify that parent representatives serve a 2-year term. Any parent/guardian whose child attends our school and is not a paid employee on staff at the school site is eligible to be a SSC parent representative. The SSC usually meets one Tuesday a month from 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm. If you would like to place your name on the ballot for parent representative, please submit your name to Mrs. Watson email@example.com. Include a short bio telling a little bit about yourself and why you are interested in serving on the School Site Council by Tuesday, August 3, 2021.
Join our PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) Group!
We need your help to make this year fantastic! Please join our PTO group to help out at school event. We are also looking for parents to join with membership dues of $5 per student or $10 per family. Click on the file link below to access the form. Forms and money can be turned into the office. Membership dues help to fund field trips, school events, classroom supplies, guest speakers, and much more! All the money collected is spent on OUR LOMA VERDE STUDENTS! Thank you! lvmembershipdrive-21-22DOWNLOAD
- Monday, 8/2 – Friday, 8/6 – VAPA Week #1
- Wednesday, 8/4 – Friday, 8/6 – SSC Elections (virtual)
- Tuesday, 8/10 – 3:00 PM SSC Meeting (virtual)
- Wednesday, 8/11 – 8:15-9:15 ELAC Meeting
- Wednesday, 8/11 – 6:00 PM CVESD Board Meeting (virtual and in person)
- Thursday, 8/12 – Kinder-6th Grade Meet the Teacher/Curriculum Night (Kinder in-person at the outdoor lunch arbor, 1st-6th grade will be virtual) Session #1 6:00-6:40, Session #2 6:45-7:25 PM
- Friday, 8/13 – TK 11:20-11:40 AM Meet the Teacher/Curriculum Information room 602
- Monday, 8/16 – Friday, 8/20 – VAPA Week #2
- Wednesday, 8/18 – 3:00 PM PTO General Meeting (in person – outdoor lunch arbor)
- Wednesday, 8/24 12:00-2:00 DAC/DELAC Meeting
- Thursday, 8/26 – Loma Verde Picture Day
- Monday, 8/30 – 8:00 AM Kids Heart Challenge Kick-Off
- Monday, 8/30 – Friday, 9/3 – VAPA Week #3
- Thursday, 9/2 -3:00 PM PTO General Meeting
- Monday, 9/6 – NO SCHOOL, Labor Day Holiday
- Wednesday, 9/8 – 8:15 AM ELAC Meeting
- Thursday, 9/9-Thursday, 9/16 Parent/Teacher Conferences (minimum days, 1:00 dismissal)
- Monday, 9/13 – Friday, 9/16 – VAPA Week #4
- Tuesday, 9/14 – 3:00 PM SSC Meeting
- Wednesday, 9/15 – 6:00 PM CVESD Board Meeting
- Friday, 9/17 – Kid’s Heart Challenge School-wide Event
- Friday, 9/17 – Last Day of 1st Quarter
- Monday, 9/20 – 10/4 – NO SCHOOL – Fall Break
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-420-3940.
Get District and School Notifications 2019-20 SMS Text Opt-in Eng Sp combined
Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.