Last Week of School!
Thank You, Volunteers!
Thank you to our AMAZING Loma Verde volunteers! We are so grateful for your help and support to make this school year special for our students and staff! We honored our volunteers at a breakfast on Friday, May 26 with a performance from our kindergarten dual immersion students, 5th & 6th-grade students in 406, and 4th-grade dance group from 503. We look forward to a wonderful school year in 2023-2024! Your partnership is necessary and appreciated! Please contact your child’s teacher or the principal, Bree Watson, firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
Enrollment for continuing students started last week. An email was sent from DoNotReply@cvesd.org for each student on Thursday, May 25. Check your inbox, spam, and junk email folders. Enrollment is due by June 14, 2023.
2023-2024 School Breakfast Update
Starting in July 2023, CVESD is eliminating second-chance breakfast. FREE BREAKFAST for all students will be served from 7:15-7:50 ONLY. Please plan accordingly.
Yearbooks Are Here!
Great News! Our yearbooks have arrived and were delivered to your child’s classroom last Friday. If you did not get a chance to preorder your yearbook we have 25 extra yearbooks for sale in the office for $20 (cash only). Get your yearbook before they sell out! A big applause to our teacher, Ebony Peralta, and the Yearbook Club, for the countless hours they spent capturing our Wildcat memories and creating the yearbook! It looks amazing!
Have You Changed Your Address, Email, or Phone Number?
Have you changed your address, email address, or phone number since the start of the school year? Please notify the office at email@example.com in case we need to contact you in an emergency. Not returning to Loma Verde Next Year? Please let us know as soon as possible by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students are still required to wear their school uniform every day unless a Uniform Waiver has been turned into the office.
- Students should not bring toys, cards, unnecessary gadgets, or electronics to school unless approved by the classroom teacher.
- Please send only plain water in student water bottles.
- Please NO Gatorade, juice, etc., as this stains our carpets and attracts pests.
- No sharing of food is allowed.
- NO GUM AND NO CANDY, please.
- Label lunch boxes, water bottles, and sweaters with your child’s name.
- Click here to access our 22-23 School Handbook
- Students must have a Cell Phone Waiver on File before bringing cell phones onto campus. Click on LV Cell Phone Waiver 22-23 to access the file.
- Monday, 5/29 NO SCHOOL – MEMORIAL DAY HOLIDAY
- Tuesday, 5/30-Thursday, 6/1 VAPA Week
- Tuesday, 5/30 2:30 Yearbook Sale
- Wednesday, 5/31 2:30 Kona Ice
- Thursday, 6/1 6th Grade Picnic & Kick-Ball Game
- Thursday, 6/2 2:30-4:00 Free Trial Robotics Program @ MPR (must pre-register)
- Friday, 6/2 8:30 6th grade Promotion
- Friday, 6/2 1:00 Last Day of School, Progress Reports Sent Home (minimum day)
- 6/15-7/5 Loma Verde Elementary Office Closed for Summer
- 7/7-7/14 8:00-3:30 Loma Verde School Office Open
- Click Here for the 2023-2024 CVESD School Calendar
- Monday, 7/17 4:00-6:00 p.m. Back to School Packet Pick Up & Community Resource Fair
- Wednesday, 7/19 First Day of School for 2023-2024 School Year (minimum day 1:00 p.m. dismissal)
2023-2024 Important School Dates:
As summer is fast approaching, don’t forget to review the return dates for our students in July. Please take a moment to review the upcoming school calendar for the 2023-24 school year. It is important to plan your vacations, family reunions, and other travel during school breaks. Click Here for the 2023-2024 CVESD School Calendar
Important Dates for quick reference:
- Student Starting Date: July 19, 2023
- Student Ending Date: June 5, 2024
- Fall Break – September 25 – October 9, 2023
- Thanksgiving Break – November 20 – November 24, 2023
- Winter Break – December 18, 2023 – January 9, 2024
- Spring Break – March 18 – April 1, 2024
We Need You! 2023-2024 School Site Council Parent & Community Member Elections
We are looking for parents and community members that are interested in being part of our Loma Verde School Site Council. There are 5 parents/community members on this committee that serve a 2-year term. If you are interested in running for our Loma Verde School Site Council, please click here to put your name on the ballot. SSC elections will be held the week of 5/29/23. The meetings are once a month, on a Tuesday, from 3-4:00 pm. SSC helps make decisions on school safety and how to spend our LCAP and Title 1 funds. Contact email@example.com if you have questions. SSC Parent/Community Member Nomination Form
Return Loma Verde Library Books
Drop off library books at the front of the school as soon as possible. Many students still have books checked out from this school year. All books must be returned to the library by the end of the school year. Thank you!
Free Trial Robotic Program
Click here to register for the free trial Robotics Class on Thursday, June 1 from 2:30-4:00.
New Student Registration Information
NEW STUDENT registration began on February 15 online for the following:
- Kindergartners who will be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2023.
- NEW students in grades 1st through 6th
- All registrations will take place online. There will be no paper packets. To register please visit our district website: www.cvesd.org
Loma Verde Elementary currently has space in our Preschool, TK, and Kindergarten classes for next year, but has limited openings in our upper grades. Please contact our office for questions about space availability at (619) 420-3940.
Loma Verde Elementary offers a free preschool program for qualifying families that live in San Diego County. Learn more and enroll your child today at http://cvesd.org/preschool.
- Please note:
- TK students will not need a renewal zone transfer link as they will need to register at their neighborhood school for Kindergarten. Our district’s Early Childhood Education department supports Preschool and TK enrollment. Please contact them directly at (619) 425-9600 Ext.181725.
- The Renewal Zone Transfer Form is independent of the “New Zone Transfer Form.”
- Students who will be transitioning to Sweetwater Union High School District for seventh grade (middle school) do not need to notify CVESD about this but will need to complete registration processes with that district via https://www.sweetwaterschools.org/.
Loma Verde Elementary offers both the Dual Immersion (English & Spanish 50/50) program and English-only classes in kindergarten through 6th grade. Call 619-420-3940 for more information or click here to register.
Congratulation to our Wildcat Students of the Week #37!
|Kinder: Angela, Aliyah, Madison, Carlos, Daniel, Angel|
|1st: Rini, Jayden, Breeza, Kayla, Aaron, Justice|
|2nd: Alexander, Valentina, Nadeema, Annaliese, Ari, Acacia|
|3rd: Diego, Natalie, Joshua, Aidee,Mauricio, Sophie, Kassidy|
|4th: Samantha, Mila|
|5th: Alexis, Mikel, Emily, Victoria|
|3rd: Diego, Natalie, Joshua, Aidee, Mauricio, Sophie, Kassidy|
Week #37 TK-6th grade attendance average: 95.2% (Goal is 98% or higher)
Top Classes with Highest Attendance in Week #37 (5/22-5/26):
- 100% Room 204 Ms. Sadler – 2nd grade
- 100% Room 206 Mrs. Alvillar – 3rd grade
- 100% Room 303 Mrs. Polanco Campos – 1st grade
- 98.3% Room 602 Ms. Lloyd – TK
- 97.2% Room 601 Mr. Lopez – kinder
Our school’s average daily attendance is 92.9% so far this year. Our goal is 98% We have been improving each week!
REMINDER: Students need to be at school every day, arrive on time (before 8:00 a.m.), and stay in school for the entire day.
- LET’S CONTINUE TO IMPROVE OUR ATTENDANCE AT LOMA VERDE!
- Students should only miss school if they are sick. Those with symptoms can return with a negative Covid test, no fever for 24 hours without fever-reducing medication, and symptoms improving. STUDENTS DO NOT NEED TO BE SYMPTOM-FREE to attend school. We have plenty of rapid tests at school–just ask in the office. If you have a special circumstance and need an independent study, please let us know.
- Please make sure your child is here by 7:55 a.m. and lined up on the blacktop (1st-6th grade) or by the classroom (TK-kinder). If they arrive after 8:00, they will be marked tardy.
- We begin a secure campus at 8:00 a.m. Parents/guardians must exit promptly at 8:00. Thank you.
- Students can arrive as early as 7:15 a.m.
- FREE breakfast is served from 7:15 a.m. to 7:45 a.m.
- If your child/children are absent it is very important to call the office to report the reason for the absence (619-420-3940). Please leave a voicemail or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Absences that are not reported will be considered UNEXCUSED. After 3 unexcused absences and/or tardies you will receive a truancy letter.
- If you pick up your child/children early and/or they are tardy for personal reasons this is considered unexcused.
- Remember to bring a doctor’s note. Vacations, dentist, and doctor visits should be scheduled during our breaks whenever possible.
- If your child misses school, they are missing out on important learning!
- Our school staff will be scheduling SART (School Attendance Review Team) meetings with parents/guardians, calling home, and doing home visits for students who are chronically absent (missing 10% of school or excessive tardies).
- Thank you for helping to get your child to school every day and one time!
LOMA VERDE SPIRIT GEAR IS FOR SALE!
We are selling Loma Verde spirit shirts and hoodies at school. The t-shirts are $12, grey sweatshirt hoodies are $24, and green zip hoodies are $30. (Cash only at this time.) Students can wear the spirit t-shirts and sweatshirt any day of the week OR the uniform shirt. Order forms can be picked up in the office. Let’s show our school spirit, Wildcats! Please make sure to write your child’s first and last name inside their hoodie.
SUMMER LEARNING OPPORTUNITY
Are you looking for additional learning opportunities for your child over the summer break? If your child is in 4th-12th grade, consider enrolling them in one of Southwestern College’s many courses.
Office Depot – Amazing School Partnership!
LOST AND FOUND
Please note that the lost and found rack will be at the front of the school. Remember to use a permanent marker to put your child’s name on jackets, sweaters, lunch bags, and water bottles. Items not claimed will be donated to charity.
Breakfast & Lunch Menu
- EMAIL: email@example.com
- PHONE: 619-420-3940
- Loma Verde CVESD Website: https://lomaverde.cvesd.org/
- Principal Mrs. Bree Watson firstname.lastname@example.org
Our school/District utilizes the SchoolMessenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more. You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. Click here for more information.
FOLLOW UP ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
- Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
- Loma Verde Instagram – lomaverdewildcats Install the app to follow our photos and videos. https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=1ip9wfy7lwpmu&utm_content=otsqk0b
- Loma Verde Facebook – Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.