CONGRATULATIONS! Loma Verde Elementary has received the 2022 GOLD Award from the California PBIS Coalition for PBIS Implementation! We are so proud of our staff and students’ hard work to make this such a special place to learn.
Week #8 TK-6th grade attendance average: 92.3% (Goal is 98% or higher)
Top 3 Classes with Highest Attendance in Week #8 (9/5-9):
- 97.6% Room 202 Mrs. Navaroli 2nd & 3rd grade
- 96.3% Room 406 Mrs. Murdoch 6th grade
- 96.3% Room 504 Mrs. Romero 4th grade
Our school’s average daily attendance is 91.8% so far this year. Our goal is 98%.
Check out this 47-second video on the Importance of School Attendance!
A Few Reminders About Attendance:
- School starts at 8:00 a.m. Students need to be on campus before the bell rings at 8:00 a.m. Tardies will be given if students are not on campus at 8:00 a.m.
- Students should be lined up on the blacktop by 7:55 a.m. ready to start the day!
- We ask all parents to exit by the front office promptly by 8:00 a.m. so that we can secure the campus and lock the gates after the bell rings.
- Please plan family trips during school breaks.
- Great School attendance sets up students for success in their future workplace.
- READ MORE on studies regarding school attendance.
- If they miss school, they miss out! Thank you for getting your child to school every day and on time!
- Guidelines for Returning to School after COVID Symptoms: A symptomatic person must have 1 negative antigen (e.g. home test) or 1 negative PCR test and may return to school when the following have been met:
- 24 hours fever-free without the use of fever-reducing medications
- Symptoms improving
- No new symptom onset
- Every school day counts!
Parent Teacher Conferences
Parent-Teacher Conferences start this week. Please mark your calendars and plan for our modified schedule. Conferences began Thursday, September 15, and end Thursday, September 22. Remember, during the conference period, TK through 6th-grade students are dismissed at 1:00 p.m. Conference information will be sent home by your child’s teacher. They will be either virtual or in-person. Please know that our teachers will make every effort to meet with any legal guardian or parent that has educational rights for a child and that you may also request a follow-up meeting if you have further questions or concerns. Please contact the school office at (619) 420-3940 with questions or reach out to your child’s teacher directly.
Sign Up for The Kids Heart Challenge!
Complete Finn’s Mission TODAY – KHC at Loma Verde!
Dear Families – Our Kids Heart Challenge is off to a great start, and we are having a wonderful time learning how to keep our hearts and minds healthy! If you haven’t yet, join our KHC team today! Be part of the movement and join the 1.8 million families across the nation who are learning the life-saving skills of Hands-Only CPR by completing Finn’s Mission! Thank you for supporting our school and this life-saving program!
Special School Incentives: Students that raise $25 will get to SLIME Principal Watson and Coach R.! Earn a cup of SLIME for EVERY $25 Raised & the TOP student will be allowed to dump the SLIME BUCKET!
Complete Finn’s Mission TODAY!
- Register today at www.heart.org/khc or download the KHC app for Apple or Android
- Complete Finn’s Mission: Watch a 2-minute video to know Hands-Only CPR, spot the signs of a stroke and more! Students who complete Finn’s Mission will earn Finn’s Exclusive Lifesaver Award!
- Share with friends and family through social media, text and/or email
Our Kids Heart Challenge event is on September 23!
Congratulation to our Wildcat Students of the Week #8!
|Kinder: Lion, Madison|
|1st: Gym, Rini, Kayla, Moses, Lucas, Valentina|
|2nd: James, Jaxon, Alessandra, Josiah|
|3rd: Limena, Max, Ivana E, Oscar|
|4th: Lia, Dominic, Memo, Valerie|
|6th: Ashley, Eydan, Joseph, Isabella B, Alexander|
- 9/1-9/23 CVESD Thought Exchange Open (information emailed to families)
- Tuesday, 9/6-Friday, 9/23 Loma Verde Kids Heart Challenge
- Tuesday, 9/13 12:00-2:00 DAC/DELAC Meeting
- Tuesday, 9/13 2:30 Safety Patrol Training
- Tuesday, 9/13 3:00 SSC Meeting (new date!) LV SSC Minutes 5-31-22 LV SSC_Agenda_9-13-22
- Wednesday, 9/14 8:15 Coffee with the Principal/ELAC Meeting
- Wednesday, 9/15 2:30-4:00 Math 24 Club @ 402
- Wednesday, 9/14 6:00 CVESD Board Meeting
- Thursday, 9/15-Friday, 9/16 Parent/Teacher Conferences Minimum Day 1:00 Dismissal
- Monday, 9/19-Friday, 9/23 VAPA Week
- Monday, 9/19-Thursday, 9/22 Parent/Teacher Conferences Minimum Day 1:00 Dismissal
- Wednesday, 9/21 On A Roll Student Luncheon with Principal
- Thursday, 9/22 1:00 PTO Spirit Shirt Sale
- Friday, 9/23 Kid’s Heart Challenge
- Friday, 9/23 1:00 Loma Verde Backpack Food Distribution (FREE)
- Monday, 9/26-Monday, 10/10 NO SCHOOL Fall Break
- Tuesday, 10/11 Quarter 2 Begins, Students Return – Minimum Day 1:00 Dismissal
- Click Here for the 2022-2023 Calendar
CVESD Fall Break – No School 9/26-10/10, 2022
- Click here to access our 22-23 School Handbook
- Students must have a Cell Phone Waiver on File before bringing cell phones onto campus. Click on LV Cell Phone Waiver 22-23 to access the file.
- Please screen your child for Covid-19 symptoms each day before school.
- If your child has any pre-existing conditions, including those with Covid-like symptoms (e.g. allergies, asthma), please provide documentation from the doctor so that we can have it on file. This will help prevent your child from being sent home if they have symptoms of a chronic condition.
- Please send a water bottle with your child. Water bottles can be filled at the classroom sink or outside drinking fountains.
- Do not send sports drinks or soda to school with your child.
- Label lunch boxes, water bottles, and sweaters with your child’s name!
PARKING, DROP-OFF, AND PICK-UP
All of us at Loma Verde want to thank our families and community members in advance for their patience and understanding as we try to accommodate the many vehicles that arrive each morning and afternoon at our school. We strongly recommend that families use the drop-off and pick-up areas we have established at school. Drop off students only in the drop-off zone.
- Please drive slowly!
- If you must leave your car, park in the parking lot, not the bus loop.
- Do not park in the crosswalk on Loma Lane.
- NO dogs during arrival and dismissal.
- Please do not park in RESERVED spaces, red curb, or the staff parking lot.
- Red-marked areas are fire lanes and must be kept clear.
- Students must walk bikes on the sidewalk.
- The drop-off window is between 7:15-7:45 AM for students that are eating breakfast on campus and 7:30-8:00 AM for students that are not having breakfast at school. Students will line up on the blacktop in the morning between 7:30-8:00 AM where they will be supervised by Loma Verde staff. Each class has a designated place to line up. Teachers will pick their classes up on the blacktop at 8:00 AM. Instruction begins at 8:00 every day. Your child will be considered tardy if they are not on campus by 8:00 AM.
- Kinder, TK, SDC preschool, and preschool parents: please follow your teacher’s instructions regarding drop-off.
- Students who are not picked up by 2:45 pm (1:15 pm on minimum days) will be escorted to the office and must sign in. The person picking up the child must come to the office to sign him/her out.
- Parents may come onto campus from 2:30-2:45 PM (1:00-1:15 minimum days) to pick up their child(ren). Please pick up your child outside the classroom and leave campus promptly. Gates will be locked at 2:45 PM and 1:15 PM on minimum days.
- For everyone’s safety BE PATIENT, KIND, and CONSIDERATE.
CVESD’s 130 Anniversary Celebration
The Chula Vista Elementary School District celebrates 130 years as a school district this year. As we celebrate 130 years, we honor the past and look forward to the future. Our achievements as a District are undeniable. From our high-quality instruction, a technology-based curriculum, innovative programming, and strong visual and performing arts, we provide a highly sought-after education for all students.
On October 20, 2022, the Chula Vista Elementary School District will host a 130th-anniversary celebration event at Hedenkamp Elementary School for all community members to attend. The free event will take place from 5 pm to 7 pm, where we will recognize students, staff, and individuals who have impacted the District over the years. We look forward to celebrating with you then.
Don’t forget to follow along on our district’s social media pages! Like and follow CVESD social channels here: Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Of course, the latest news is always here at our school’s blog: https://lomaverdewildcats.org/.
DONATION NEEDED for cases of water for our classrooms. If you are able to donate a case of water please drop it off at the school office between 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Thank you!
LOST AND FOUND
Please note that the lost and found rack will be at the front of the school. Remember to use a permanent marker to put your child’s name on jackets, sweaters, lunch bags, and water bottles.
Breakfast & Lunch Menu
- EMAIL: email@example.com
- PHONE: 619-420-3940
- Loma Verde CVESD Website: https://lomaverde.cvesd.org/
- Principal Mrs. Bree Watson firstname.lastname@example.org
Our school/District utilizes the SchoolMessenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more. You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. Click here for more information.
FOLLOW UP ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
- Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
- Loma Verde Instagram – lomaverdewildcats Install the app to follow our photos and videos. https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=1ip9wfy7lwpmu&utm_content=otsqk0b
- Loma Verde Facebook – Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.