PARKING, DROP-OFF, AND PICK-UP
All of us at Loma Verde want to thank our families and community members in advance for their patience and understanding as we try to accommodate the many vehicles that arrive each morning and afternoon at our school. We strongly recommend that families use the drop-off and pick-up areas we have established at school. Drop off students only in the drop-off zone.
- Please drive slowly!
- If you must leave your car, park in the parking lot, not the bus loop.
- Do not park in the crosswalk on Loma Lane.
- NO dogs during arrival and dismissal.
- Please do not park in RESERVED spaces, red curb, or the staff parking lot.
- Red-marked areas are fire lanes and must be kept clear.
- Students must walk bikes on the sidewalk.
- The drop-off window is between 7:15-7:45 AM for students that are eating breakfast on campus and 7:30-8:00 AM for students that are not having breakfast at school. Students will line up on the blacktop in the morning between 7:30-8:00 AM where they will be supervised by Loma Verde staff. Each class has a designated place to line up. Teachers will pick their classes up on the blacktop at 8:00 AM. Instruction begins at 8:00 every day. Your child will be considered tardy if they are not on campus by 8:00 AM.
- Kinder, TK, SDC preschool, and preschool parents: please follow your teacher’s instructions regarding drop-off.
- Students who are not picked up by 2:45 pm (1:15 pm on minimum days) will be escorted to the office and must sign in. The person picking up the child must come to the office to sign him/her out.
- Parents may come onto campus from 2:30-2:45 PM (1:00-1:15 minimum days) to pick up their child(ren). Please pick up your child outside the classroom and leave campus promptly. Gates will be locked at 2:45 PM and 1:15 PM on minimum days.
- For everyone’s safety BE PATIENT, KIND, and CONSIDERATE.
Week #7 TK-6th grade attendance average: 92.9% (Goal is 98% or higher)
Top 3 Classes with Highest Attendance in Week #7 (8/29-9/2):
- 98.7% Room 403 Mr. Cooper 5th grade
- 98.6% Room 203 Ms. Rincon 2nd grade
- 98% Room 405 Mrs. Youssofi 6th grade
A Few Reminders About Attendance:
- School starts at 8:00 a.m. Students need to be on campus before the bell rings at 8:00 a.m. Tardies will be given if students are not on campus at 8:00 a.m.
- Students should be lined up on the blacktop by 7:55 a.m. ready to start the day!
- We ask all parents to exit by the front office promptly by 8:00 a.m. so that we can secure the campus and lock the gates after the bell rings.
- Please plan family trips during school breaks.
- Every school day counts.
- Great School attendance sets up students for success in their future workplace.
- READ MORE on studies regarding school attendance.
- If they miss school, they miss out! Thank you for getting your child to school every day and on time!
- Every minute of every day counts!
Congratulation to our Wildcat Students of the Week #7!
|Kinder: Alanna, Andres, Santiage, Kehlani, Angel, Layla|
|1st: Ruby, Leonardo, Victor, Deigo, Aaron, Noa|
|2nd: Nathaniel, Emiliano, Natalie, Gerardo, Bella, Emmanuel, Elijah|
|3rd: Mia, Ariadne, Christopher, ALondra, Melanie, Gabrielle, Mauricio|
|4th: Yarem, Alondra, Dario, Juan, Drake, Tomothy|
|5th: Alexis, Matthew, Isabel, Sianí|
|6th: Raul, Jaime, Valery, Halia, Alyssa, Sofia|
- 9/1-9/23 CVESD Thought Exchange Open
- Monday, 9/5 NO SCHOOL – Labor Day
- Tuesday, 9/6-Friday, 9/9 VAPA Week
- Tuesday, 9/6 Kids Heart Challenge Kick-Off
- Thursday, 9/8 8:15 PTO Meeting
- Thursday, 9/8 5:00-7:00 PM Preschool & TK Parent Workshop “Behavior Strategies That Work” (Spanish Presentation)
- Thursday, 9/8 6:00 B-LAC Meeting
- Tuesday, 9/13 12:00-2:00 DAC/DELAC Meeting
- Tuesday, 9/13 3:00 SSC Meeting (new date!)
- Wednesday, 9/14 8:15 Coffee with the Principal/ELAC Meeting
- Wednesday, 9/14 6:00 CVESD Board Meeting
- Thursday, 9/15-Friday, 9/16 Parent/Teacher Conferences Minimum Day 1:00 Dismissal
- Monday, 9/19-Friday, 9/23 VAPA Week
- Monday, 9/19-Thursday, 9/22 Parent/Teacher Conferences Minimum Day 1:00 Dismissal
- Thursday, 9/22 On A Roll Student Luncheon with Principal
- Friday, 9/23 Kid’s Heart Challenge
- Monday, 9/26-Monday, 10/10 NO SCHOOL Fall Break
- Tuesday, 10/11 Quarter 2 Begins, Students Return – Minimum Day 1:00 Dismissal
- Click Here for the 2022-2023 Calendar
Parent/Teacher Conference Coming Up!
Teachers will be sending home information within the next two weeks regarding our upcoming Parent-Teacher Conferences. We would like to meet with every parent/legal guardian during this time. Conferences are 9/15-16 and 9/19-922. Students are dismissed at 1:00 on conference days.
Save the Date! We are kicking off Kids Heart Challenge on Tuesday, 9/6/2022!
Hello, Heart Heroes! Are you ready?! Kids Heart Challenge is coming to our school soon!
We have some exciting things planned this year to get us moving, helping others, and
having fun. Get a head start by signing up today and helping your student choose a
daily health challenge. Download the Kids Heart Challenge app!
REMINDER: Do Not Bring Toys, Gadgets, or Electronics Devices to School
Students should not bring toys, unnecessary gadgets, or electronics to school unless approved by the classroom teacher. Please leave all toys, fidgets, pop-its, and other items at home. Thank you for your cooperation.
COVID-19 Questions and Information:
- Cases of COVID have been on the rise in our community. If your child has COVID symptoms, please keep them at home and test. This will help to stop the spread.
- Report all positive tests on this positive home test form
- Report all negative test here after EXPOSURE
- Weekly FREE Covid-19 PCR testing is happening every Tuesday at Loma Verde. It’s quick and convenient, and one of our best tools for combatting the virus. You should have received an email from firstname.lastname@example.org to register for testing this school year. If you cannot locate the email, or need help registering your child for weekly testing, please contact email@example.com.
- CVESD follows the Decision Tree for K-12 schools.
- Each US household can order home antigen tests from the federal government through USPS Link: https://special.usps.com/testkits.
- If your child is experiencing any symptoms, please keep them at home and notify the school office at (619) 420-3940.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a test to return guidance. Important: Please include the name of the child, a photo of the test with the date and time, and the name of the school on all email@example.com communications.
- CVESD is NOT collecting negative results unless:
- You/your child is attempting to release early from isolation after a positive test (before day 11)
- Your child has Covid-like symptoms. To return to school they will need to have improving symptoms, be fever free for 24 hours and send firstname.lastname@example.org photo of two negative antigen tests taken twelve hours apart or one negative PCR test.
- The district’s website, www.cvesd.org, is updated daily to reflect COVID testing hours and locations.
- Independent Study Contracts are available for students who have tested positive or who must isolate/quarantine. Contact the office at email@example.com to discuss the contract.
- Click here to access our 22-23 School Handbook
- Students must have a Cell Phone Waiver on File before bringing cell phones onto campus. Click on LV Cell Phone Waiver 22-23 to access the file.
- Please screen your child for Covid-19 symptoms each day before school.
- If your child has any pre-existing conditions, including those with Covid-like symptoms (e.g. allergies, asthma), please provide documentation from the doctor so that we can have it on file. This will help prevent your child from being sent home if they have symptoms of a chronic condition.
- Please send a water bottle with your child. Water bottles can be filled at the classroom sink or outside drinking fountains.
- Do not send sports drinks or soda to school with your child.
- Label lunch boxes, water bottles, and sweaters with your child’s name!
DONATION NEEDED for cases of water for our classrooms. If you are able to donate a case of water please drop it off at the school office between 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Thank you!
LOST AND FOUND
Please note that the lost and found rack will be at the front of the school. Remember to use a permanent marker to put your child’s name on jackets, sweaters, lunch bags, and water bottles.
Breakfast & Lunch Menu
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PHONE: 619-420-3940
- Loma Verde CVESD Website: https://lomaverde.cvesd.org/
- Principal Mrs. Bree Watson email@example.com
Our school/District utilizes the SchoolMessenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more. You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. Click here for more information.
FOLLOW UP ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
- Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
- Loma Verde Instagram – lomaverdewildcats Install the app to follow our photos and videos. https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=1ip9wfy7lwpmu&utm_content=otsqk0b
- Loma Verde Facebook – Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.