- 9/1-9/23 CVESD Thought Exchange Open (information emailed to families)
- Tuesday, 9/6-Friday, 9/23 Loma Verde Kids Heart Challenge
- Monday, 9/19-Friday, 9/23 VAPA Week
- Monday, 9/19-Thursday, 9/22 Parent/Teacher Conferences Minimum Day 1:00 Dismissal
- Tuesday, 9/20 3:00 SSC Special Meeting
- Wednesday, 9/21 Perfect Attendance On A Roll Student Luncheon with Principal
- Thursday, 9/22 1:00 PTO Spirit Shirt Sale
- Friday, 9/23 Kid’s Heart Challenge Event & Sports Shirt Spirit Day!
- Friday, 9/23 1:00 Loma Verde Backpack Food Distribution (FREE)
- Monday, 9/26-Monday, 10/10 NO SCHOOL Fall Break
- Tuesday, 10/11 Quarter 2 Begins, Students Return – Minimum Day 1:00 Dismissal
- Click Here for the 2022-2023 Calendar
CVESD Fall Break – No School 9/26-10/10, 2022
Students can use all district online programs over break: i-Ready Math, Smarty Ants Reading (PreK-2nd grade), and Achieve3000 Reading (2nd-6th grade). Click here for the student sign-in page. If you need your child’s log-on information, ask your teacher. Also, make sure your child READS every day. Reading for pleasure is one of the best ways to get better at reading!
Week #9 TK-6th grade attendance average: 91.4% (Goal is 98% or higher)
Top 3 Classes with Highest Attendance in Week #9 (9/12-16):
- 98% Room 405 Mrs. Youssofi 6th grade
- 97.4% Room 403 Mr. Cooper 5th grade
- 97.3 Room 503 Ms. Jones 4th grade
Our school’s average daily attendance is 91.8% so far this year. Our goal is 98%.
September is Attendance Awareness Month!
Students need to be at school every day and on time. Please make sure your child is here by 7:55 a.m. and lined up on the blacktop (1st-6th grade) or by the classroom (TK-kinder). Let’s improve our attendance! If your child must be out sick, please contact the office at 619-420-3940 or email@example.com to excuse the absence. Remember to bring a doctor’s note. Vacations, dentist, and doctor visits should be scheduled during our breaks whenever possible. If your child misses school, they are missing out on important learning! Our school staff will be meeting with parents/guardians, calling home, and doing home visits for students who are chronically absent.
Parent Teacher Conferences
Parent-Teacher Conferences started last week. Please mark your calendars and plan for our modified schedule. Conferences began Thursday, September 15, and end Thursday, September 22. Remember, during the conference period, TK through 6th-grade students are dismissed at 1:00 p.m. Conference information was sent home by your child’s teacher. They will be either virtual or in-person. Please know that our teachers will make every effort to meet with any legal guardian or parent that has educational rights for a child and that you may also request a follow-up meeting if you have further questions or concerns. Please contact the school office at (619) 420-3940 with questions or reach out to your child’s teacher directly.
Sign Up for The Kids Heart Challenge!
Complete Finn’s Mission TODAY – KHC at Loma Verde!
Dear Families – Our Kids Heart Challenge is off to a great start, and we are having a wonderful time learning how to keep our hearts and minds healthy! If you haven’t yet, join our KHC team today! Be part of the movement and join the 1.8 million families across the nation who are learning the life-saving skills of Hands-Only CPR by completing Finn’s Mission! Thank you for supporting our school and this life-saving program!
Special School Incentives: Students that raise $25 will get to SLIME Principal Watson and Coach R.! Earn a cup of SLIME for EVERY $25 Raised & the TOP student will be allowed to dump the SLIME BUCKET!
Complete Finn’s Mission TODAY!
- Register today at www.heart.org/khc or download the KHC app for Apple or Android
- Complete Finn’s Mission: Watch a 2-minute video to know Hands-Only CPR, spot the signs of a stroke and more! Students who complete Finn’s Mission will earn Finn’s Exclusive Lifesaver Award!
- Share with friends and family through social media, text and/or email
Our Kids Heart Challenge event is on September 23!
Congratulation to our Wildcat Students of the Week #9!
|Kinder: David, Aurora, Sebastian, Renata, Miguel, Luna|
|1st: Renne, Nolan, breza, Alexandra, Isabella F, Carlos|
|2nd: Mathelda, ALexandra Gerardo, Natalie, Shanna, Anastasia, Elena|
|3rd: Robert, Jorda, Abby, Thomas, Oliver, Mia, Sophia M|
|4th: Vladimir, Irene, Daniela, Centrix, Ivan, Nikki|
|5th: Luis M, Mariah, Eduardo, Nathally|
|6th: Zairah, Yamaica, Arlette, Omar, Jonathan A|
- Click here to access our 22-23 School Handbook
- Students must have a Cell Phone Waiver on File before bringing cell phones onto campus. Click on LV Cell Phone Waiver 22-23 to access the file.
- Please screen your child for Covid-19 symptoms each day before school.
- If your child has any pre-existing conditions, including those with Covid-like symptoms (e.g. allergies, asthma), please provide documentation from the doctor so that we can have it on file. This will help prevent your child from being sent home if they have symptoms of a chronic condition.
- Please send a water bottle with your child. Water bottles can be filled at the classroom sink or outside drinking fountains.
- Do not send sports drinks or soda to school with your child.
- Label lunch boxes, water bottles, and sweaters with your child’s name!
- No toys or sports equipment from home are allowed at school.
CVESD’s 130 Anniversary Celebration
The Chula Vista Elementary School District celebrates 130 years as a school district this year. As we celebrate 130 years, we honor the past and look forward to the future. Our achievements as a District are undeniable. From our high-quality instruction, a technology-based curriculum, innovative programming, and strong visual and performing arts, we provide a highly sought-after education for all students.
On October 20, 2022, the Chula Vista Elementary School District will host a 130th-anniversary celebration event at Hedenkamp Elementary School for all community members to attend. The free event will take place from 5 pm to 7 pm, where we will recognize students, staff, and individuals who have impacted the District over the years. We look forward to celebrating with you then.
Don’t forget to follow along on our district’s social media pages! Like and follow CVESD social channels here: Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Of course, the latest news is always here at our school’s blog: https://lomaverdewildcats.org/.
DONATION NEEDED for cases of water for our classrooms. If you are able to donate a case of water please drop it off at the school office between 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Thank you!
LOST AND FOUND
Please note that the lost and found rack will be at the front of the school. Remember to use a permanent marker to put your child’s name on jackets, sweaters, lunch bags, and water bottles.
Breakfast & Lunch Menu
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PHONE: 619-420-3940
- Loma Verde CVESD Website: https://lomaverde.cvesd.org/
- Principal Mrs. Bree Watson email@example.com
Our school/District utilizes the SchoolMessenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more. You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. Click here for more information.
FOLLOW UP ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
- Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
- Loma Verde Instagram – lomaverdewildcats Install the app to follow our photos and videos. https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=1ip9wfy7lwpmu&utm_content=otsqk0b
- Loma Verde Facebook – Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.