Hello Loma Verde Families! Thank you for a wonderful first week of school, Loma Verde Wildcats! It was so great to welcome back our Wildcats for the 2022-2023 school year. We were so excited to see the smiles and happiness from our students this week! Thank you for entrusting your children with us! We are so thankful for our teachers and staff that put in the extra effort to make the beginning of the school year such a success and prepare for an amazing year of learning.
Our goal is to inform families of school events and provide important announcements for the coming week. Please sign up to follow this blog with your email. The weekly blog will be sent out at the beginning of each week through CVESD School Messenger, ClassDojo, Loma Verde’s Facebook page, Instagram, and Twitter. Thank you for reading the weekly blog.
Thank you for attending the Back to School Packet Pick-Up and Community Resource Fair!
Kindergarten and TK Special Schedule
Please see the dates and times below. Wednesday, July 27, kindergarten and TK will start full day.
- Monday, July 25- 8:00-1:00
- Tuesday, July 26- 8:00-1:00
- Wednesday, July 27- TK/Kinder follows regular school schedule (2:30 dismissal)- TK/Kinder parents need to pick up students at the classrooms. Gates will be open in the afternoon. Please do not park in the drop-off/pick-up lane.
Complete Residency Verification NOW
REMINDER: Residency Verification needs to be completed ASAP. You should have received a “Snap Code” via email for each of your children that attend Loma Verde. If you have not completed this or did not receive the email, contact the school office between 7:30 am to 4:00 pm, call the office at 619-420-3940 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- EVERY MINUTE COUNTS! School starts at 8:00 a.m. Students need to be on the blacktop at this time and teachers will walk them to class. We ask all parents to exit promptly so that we can lock the gate after the bell.
- Please screen your child for Covid-19 symptoms each day before school.
- If your child has any pre-existing conditions, including those with Covid-like symptoms (e.g. allergies, asthma), please provide documentation from the doctor so that we can have it on file. This will help prevent your child from being sent home if they have symptoms from a chronic condition.
- Please send a water bottle with your child. Water bottles can be filled at the classroom sink or outside drinking fountains.
- Label lunch boxes, water bottles, and sweaters with your child’s name!
PARKING, DROP-OFF, AND PICK-UP
All of us at Loma Verde want to thank our families and community members in advance for their patience and understanding as we try to accommodate the many vehicles that arrive each morning and afternoon at our school. We strongly recommend that families use the drop-off and pick-up areas we have established at school. Drop off students only in the drop-off zone.
- If you must leave your car, park in the parking lot, not the bus loop.
- NO Dogs during arrival and dismissal.
- Please do not park in RESERVED spaces or the staff parking lot.
- Students must walk bikes on the sidewalk.
- The drop-off window is between 7:15-7:45 AM for students that are eating breakfast on campus and 7:30-8:00 AM for students that are not having breakfast at school. Students will line up on the blacktop in the morning between 7:30-8:00 AM where they will be supervised by Loma Verde staff. Each class has a designated place to line up. Teachers will pick their classes up on the blacktop at 8:00 AM. Instruction begins at 8:00 every day. Your child will be considered tardy if they are not on campus by 8:00 AM.
- Kinder, TK, SDC preschool, and preschool parents: please follow your teacher’s instructions regarding drop-off.
- Students who are not picked up by 2:45 pm (1:15 pm on minimum days) will be escorted to the office and must sign in. The person picking up the child must come to the office to sign him/her out.
- Parents may come onto campus from 2:30-2:45 PM (1:00-1:15 minimum days) to pick up their child(ren). Please pick up your child outside the classroom and leave campus promptly. Gates will be locked at 2:45 PM and 1:15 PM on minimum days.
- For everyone’s safety BE PATIENT, KIND, and CONSIDERATE.
Your Input is Needed!
Please complete the Loma Verde Elementary School Parent Involvement Survey to help us better plan for the 2022-2023 school year. It will take approximately 4 minutes to complete.
WANTED! School Site Council (SSC) Parent Representatives!
School Site Council is looking for new members!!! If you are interested in making decisions about our school budget and Single Plan for Student Achievement, please consider getting involved. Elections will be held the week of August 1-5, 2022. The Loma Verde SSC bylaws specify that parent representatives serve a 2-year term. Any parent/guardian whose child attends our school and is not a paid employee on staff at the school site is eligible to be a SSC parent representative. The SSC usually meets one Tuesday a month from 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm. If you would like to place your name on the ballot for parent representative, please submit your name to Mrs. Watson email@example.com. Include a short bio telling a little bit about yourself and why you are interested in serving on the School Site Council by Friday, July 29, 2022.
Join our PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) Group!
Our 1st PTO meeting of the school year is Thursday, July 28 at 8:15 AM in the cafeteria. We hope to see you there! Everyone is welcome! Help us plan school events and activities for the year.
We need your help to make this year fantastic! Please join our PTO group to help out at school events. We are also looking for parents to join with membership dues of $5 per student or $10 per family. Click on the file link below to access the form. Forms and money can be turned into the office. Membership dues help to fund field trips, school events, classroom supplies, guest speakers, assemblies, and much more! All the money collected is spent on OUR LOMA VERDE STUDENTS! Thank you! LVMembershipDrive 22-23
- Monday, 7/25-Friday, 7/29 VAPA Week
- Monday, 7/25 8:00 1st-6th grade Wildcat Blacktop Assembly (staff and students only)
- Thursday, 7/28 8:15 PTO Meeting
- Wednesday, 8/3 5:30-7:00 PM TK-6th grade Meet the Teacher/Curriculum Night
- MONDAY, 8/8-FRIDAY, 8/12 VAPA Week
- Wednesday, 8/9 3:00 AM SSC Meeting
- Wednesday, 8/10 8:15 AM Coffee with the Principal & ELAC Meeting
- Wednesday, 8/10 6:00 PM CVESD Board Meeting
- Monday, 8/15-Friday 8/19 9:00-11:00 AM 4th grade Swim Lessons @ Parkview Pool
- Friday, 8/19 8:15 AM PTO Meeting
- MONDAY, 8/22-FRIDAY, 8/22 VAPA Week
- Thursday, 8/25 PICTURE DAY
- Click Here for the 2022-2023 Calendar
Meet the Teacher/Curriculum Night – Wednesday, August 3, 2022
Please plan to join us on Wednesday, August 3 for our Meet the Teacher/Curriculum Night! Our teachers will have a back-to-school session where they will discuss classroom expectations, requirements, procedures, curriculum, field trips, and many more topics, so that we can all have a successful year. The teacher may also have a “donation” board for additional items- what a GREAT way to support the learning for your child!
- Session 1- 5:30-6:15 PM
- Session 2- 6:15-7:00 PM
To help classrooms establish new routines and procedures, volunteers will not be permitted until August 1, 2022. Please contact your child’s teacher if you are interested in volunteering at school. The State Public Health Officer Order of August 11, 2021 requires that all K-12 workers, including volunteers and contractors, provide proof of full vaccination (completion of the initial vaccination series) or submit to weekly COVID-19 testing. Volunteers also need proof of a TB within the last 4 years, current ID, and fingerprinting (if planning to volunteer more than 2 days a week).
COVID-19 Questions and Information:
- CVESD follows the Decision Tree for K-12 schools.
- Each US household can order home antigen tests from the federal government through USPS Link: https://special.usps.com/testkits.
- To report a positive case to us in the office, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and complete this form: POSITIVE TEST REPORTING LINK
- Please use this link to report all COVID positives from over the summer. We are also tracking any positive students or staff from at-home COVID tests. Please log positive tests using this link: POSITIVE TEST REPORTING LINK
- If your child is experiencing any symptoms, please keep them at home and notify the school office at (619) 420-3940.
- Contact email@example.com for a test to return guidance. Important: Please include the name of the child, a photo of the test with the date and time, and the name of the school on all firstname.lastname@example.org communications.
- CVESD is NOT collecting negative results unless:
- You/your child is attempting to release early from isolation after a positive test (before day 11)
- Your child has Covid-like symptoms. To return to school they will need to have improving symptoms, be fever free for 24 hours and send email@example.com photo of two negative antigen tests taken twelve hours apart or one negative PCR test.
- The district’s website, www.cvesd.org, is updated daily to reflect COVID testing hours and locations.
- Independent Study Contracts are available for students who have tested positive or who must isolate/quarantine. Contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the contract.
- EMAIL: email@example.com
- PHONE: 619-420-3940
- Loma Verde CVESD Website: https://lomaverde.cvesd.org/
- Principal Mrs. Bree Watson firstname.lastname@example.org
Our school/District utilizes the SchoolMessenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more. You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. Click here for more information.
FOLLOW UP ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
- Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
- Loma Verde Instagram – lomaverdewildcats Install the app to follow our photos and videos. https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=1ip9wfy7lwpmu&utm_content=otsqk0b
- Loma Verde Facebook – Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.