Hello Loma Verde Families!
We are beginning our third week of instruction and we are so proud of all the hard work your students are putting in! We have Curriculum Night this week on Wednesday. Session One begins at 5:30pm and Session Two begins at 6:15 pm in the classrooms. See below for additional information.
COVID-19 is hitting our school community very hard and we’ve seen and spike in COVID cases this week. We are working hard to follow all California Department of Health guidelines by ensuring that classrooms are cleaned, making sure students are washing their hands, highly recommending that students and staff wear masks so as not to spread COVID, and monitoring COVID cases and receiving district office guidance. Please ensure that you carefully follow the COVID protocols laid out below and keep your child home if they are exhibiting any COVID-like symptoms. Your support is greatly appreciated!
Meet the Teacher/Curriculum Night – Wednesday, August 3, 2022
Please plan to join us on Wednesday, August 3 for our Meet the Teacher/Curriculum Night! Our teachers will have a back-to-school session where they will discuss classroom expectations, requirements, procedures, curriculum, field trips, and many more topics, so that we can all have a successful year. The teacher may also have a “donation” board for additional items- what a GREAT way to support the learning for your child!
- Session 1- 5:30-6:15 PM
- Session 2- 6:15-7:00 PM
- Monday, 8/1 8:00 1st-6th grade Wildcat Blacktop Assembly (staff and students only)
- Wednesday, 8/3 5:30-7:00 PM TK-6th grade Meet the Teacher/Curriculum Night
- Friday, 8/5 Loma Verde Spirit Shirt Day!
- MONDAY, 8/8-FRIDAY, 8/12 VAPA Week
- Wednesday, 8/9 3:00 AM SSC Meeting
- Wednesday, 8/10 8:15 AM Coffee with the Principal & ELAC Meeting
- Wednesday, 8/10 6:00 PM CVESD Board Meeting
- Monday, 8/15-Friday 8/19 9:00-11:00 AM 4th grade Swim Lessons @ Parkview Pool
- Friday, 8/19 8:15 AM PTO Meeting
- MONDAY, 8/22-FRIDAY, 8/22 VAPA Week
- Thursday, 8/25 PICTURE DAY
- Click Here for the 2022-2023 Calendar
- Click here to access our 22-23 School Handbook
- EVERY MINUTE COUNTS! School starts at 8:00 a.m.
- Students need to be on the blacktop at this time and teachers will walk them to class.
- We ask all parents to exit promptly so that we can lock the gate after the bell.
- Please screen your child for Covid-19 symptoms each day before school.
- If your child has any pre-existing conditions, including those with Covid-like symptoms (e.g. allergies, asthma), please provide documentation from the doctor so that we can have it on file. This will help prevent your child from being sent home if they have symptoms of a chronic condition.
- Please send a water bottle with your child. Water bottles can be filled at the classroom sink or outside drinking fountains.
- Do not send sports drinks or soda to school with your child.
- Label lunch boxes, water bottles, and sweaters with your child’s name!
PARKING, DROP-OFF, AND PICK-UP
All of us at Loma Verde want to thank our families and community members in advance for their patience and understanding as we try to accommodate the many vehicles that arrive each morning and afternoon at our school. We strongly recommend that families use the drop-off and pick-up areas we have established at school. Drop off students only in the drop-off zone.
- If you must leave your car, park in the parking lot, not the bus loop.
- NO Dogs during arrival and dismissal.
- Please do not park in RESERVED spaces or the staff parking lot.
- Students must walk bikes on the sidewalk.
- The drop-off window is between 7:15-7:45 AM for students that are eating breakfast on campus and 7:30-8:00 AM for students that are not having breakfast at school. Students will line up on the blacktop in the morning between 7:30-8:00 AM where they will be supervised by Loma Verde staff. Each class has a designated place to line up. Teachers will pick their classes up on the blacktop at 8:00 AM. Instruction begins at 8:00 every day. Your child will be considered tardy if they are not on campus by 8:00 AM.
- Kinder, TK, SDC preschool, and preschool parents: please follow your teacher’s instructions regarding drop-off.
- Students who are not picked up by 2:45 pm (1:15 pm on minimum days) will be escorted to the office and must sign in. The person picking up the child must come to the office to sign him/her out.
- Parents may come onto campus from 2:30-2:45 PM (1:00-1:15 minimum days) to pick up their child(ren). Please pick up your child outside the classroom and leave campus promptly. Gates will be locked at 2:45 PM and 1:15 PM on minimum days.
- For everyone’s safety BE PATIENT, KIND, and CONSIDERATE.
Your Input is Needed!
Please complete the Loma Verde Elementary School Parent Involvement Survey to help us better plan for the 2022-2023 school year. It will take approximately 4 minutes to complete.
Join our PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) Group!
We need your help to make this year fantastic! Please join our PTO group to help out at school events. We are also looking for parents to join with membership dues of $5 per student or $10 per family. Click on the file link below to access the form. Forms and money can be turned into the office. Membership dues help to fund field trips, school events, classroom supplies, guest speakers, assemblies, and much more! All the money collected is spent on OUR LOMA VERDE STUDENTS! Thank you! LVMembershipDrive 22-23
English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC)/Coffee with the Principal
Please join us on Wednesday, August 10 at 8:15 AM in the auditorium for our English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC)/Coffee with the Principal meeting to discuss student programs/supports, safety, and parent participation at school. Everyone is welcome!
To help classrooms establish new routines and procedures, volunteers will not be permitted until August 1, 2022. Please contact your child’s teacher if you are interested in volunteering at school. The State Public Health Officer Order of August 11, 2021 requires that all K-12 workers, including volunteers and contractors, provide proof of full vaccination (completion of the initial vaccination series) or submit to weekly COVID-19 testing. Volunteers also need proof of a TB within the last 4 years, current ID, and fingerprinting (if planning to volunteer more than 2 days a week).
Loma Verde is looking for substitutes for our noon duty staff from 7:15-8:15, 10:30-12:45, and 2:30-3:15. Please contact Elsa Estrada in the office at email@example.com and click here for more information.
COVID-19 Questions and Information:
- Weekly FREE Covid-19 PCR testing is happening every Tuesday at Loma Verde. It’s quick and convenient, and one of our best tools for combatting the virus. You should have received an email from firstname.lastname@example.org to register for testing this school year. If you cannot locate the email, or need help registering your child for weekly testing, please contact email@example.com.
- CVESD follows the Decision Tree for K-12 schools.
- Each US household can order home antigen tests from the federal government through USPS Link: https://special.usps.com/testkits.
- To report a positive case to us in the office, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and complete this form: POSITIVE TEST REPORTING LINK
- Please use this link to report all COVID positives from over the summer. We are also tracking any positive students or staff from at-home COVID tests. Please log positive tests using this link: POSITIVE TEST REPORTING LINK
- If your child is experiencing any symptoms, please keep them at home and notify the school office at (619) 420-3940.
- Contact email@example.com for a test to return guidance. Important: Please include the name of the child, a photo of the test with the date and time, and the name of the school on all firstname.lastname@example.org communications.
- CVESD is NOT collecting negative results unless:
- You/your child is attempting to release early from isolation after a positive test (before day 11)
- Your child has Covid-like symptoms. To return to school they will need to have improving symptoms, be fever free for 24 hours and send email@example.com photo of two negative antigen tests taken twelve hours apart or one negative PCR test.
- The district’s website, www.cvesd.org, is updated daily to reflect COVID testing hours and locations.
- Independent Study Contracts are available for students who have tested positive or who must isolate/quarantine. Contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the contract.
Complete Residency Verification NOW
REMINDER: Residency Verification needs to be completed ASAP. You should have received a “Snap Code” via email for each of your children that attend Loma Verde. If you have not completed this or did not receive the email, contact the school office between 7:30 am to 4:00 pm, call the office at 619-420-3940 or email email@example.com for assistance.
Breakfast & Lunch Menu
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PHONE: 619-420-3940
- Loma Verde CVESD Website: https://lomaverde.cvesd.org/
- Principal Mrs. Bree Watson email@example.com
Our school/District utilizes the SchoolMessenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more. You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. Click here for more information.
FOLLOW UP ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
- Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
- Loma Verde Instagram – lomaverdewildcats Install the app to follow our photos and videos. https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=1ip9wfy7lwpmu&utm_content=otsqk0b
- Loma Verde Facebook – Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.