FREE Fun Family Event! Child Safety & Bike Rodeo
Saturday, 5/21 10:00-1:00
State Assessments for 3rd-6th Grade Continues This Week!
End-of-year testing began at the end of April. Click here to read the California State testing letter to families from our CVESD Superintendent Dr. Edwardo Reyes. Please make EVERY effort to make sure your child is at school these days. Please do not plan vacations or doctor/dentist appointments during this time. Please remember the following:
- Ensure your child is well-rested
- Encourage your child to eat a healthy breakfast
- To avoid any test irregularities, cell phones must be put away
- If possible leave iWatches at home
CAASPP State Testing for Grades 3-6: The California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) is designed to give information to teachers, students, and their families about what students know and are able to do. Please see this parent guide about the assessment that all students in California will be taking. Parent Guide Are you interested in reviewing practice questions with your student? Practice and Training Site
- 5/16 3rd-6th Math CAT CAASPP part 1
- 5/17 3rd-6th Math CAT CAASPP part 2
- 5/18 3rd-6th Math PT CAASPP part 1
- 5/19 3rd-6th Math PT CAASPP part 2
- 5/23 3rd-6th CSA part 1 (California Spanish Assessment) for dual immersion classes
- 5/24 3rd-6th CSA part 2 (California Spanish Assessment) for dual immersion classes
- Tuesday, 5/17 Weekly COVID Testing at Loma Verde
- Tuesday, 5/17 12:00 DAC/DELAC Meeting at ESSC, 84 East J Street, Chula Vista
- Tuesday, 5/17 3:00 SSC Meeting (virtual)
- Tuesday, 5/17 6:00 PM Spring Parent Workshop: 3 Strategies to Increase Parent Engagement at Your School 3 Strategies to Increase Parent Engagement_ENGLISH
- Wednesday, 5/18 3:00 PTO Meeting (in person)
- Wednesday, 5/18 6:00 PM CVESD Board Meeting at ESSC, 84 East J Street, Chula Vista
- Thursday, 5/19 9:45-10:15 6th Grade Masonic Awards
- Thursday, 5/19 6:00 PM Black Learners Advisory Committee @ Muraoka Elementary
- Friday, 5/20 8:15 TK ACE Awards
- Saturday, 5/21 10:00 AM-1:00 PM Loma Verde Child Safety & Bike Rodeo Event
- Monday, 5/23-Friday, 5/27 VAPA Week
- Monday, 5/23 8:15 Kinder ACE Awards
- Tuesday, 5/24 8:15 Coffee with the Principal & ELAC Meeting (in person)
- Wednesday, 5/25 8:15 1st & 2nd grade ACE Awards
- Wednesday, 5/25 2:30-4:00 Math 24 Competition & Party
- Thursday, 5/26 8:16 3rd & 4th Grade ACE Awards
- Thursday, 5/26 6:00 PM CVESD Budget Meeting (virtual)
- Friday, 5/27 8:15 5th grade ACE Awards
- Friday, 5/27 9:00 Loma Verde Volunteer Breakfast
- Friday, 5/27 1:00 Feeding San Diego backpack Food Distribution after school
- Monday, 5/30 NO SCHOOL – MEMORIAL DAY HOLIDAY
- Tuesday, 5/31 Yearbooks Distributed
- Tuesday, 5/31 Staff vs. Soccer Team Game
- Tuesday, 5/31 2:30 Kona Ice for sale after school & Yearbook sale
- Wednesday, 6/1 Staff vs. 6th-grade Kickball game
- Thursday, 6/2 8:30 6th Grade Promotion
- Friday, 6/3 LAST DAY OF SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS, Report Cards Sent Home
- Monday, 7/18 3:30-5:30 Back to School Packet Pick-Up & Community Resources Fair
- Wednesday, 7/20 FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL (minimum day 1:00 dismissal)
- Click Here for 2022-2023 Calendar
2022-2023 Online Registration for NEW Students
NEW STUDENT registration is going on now for the following:
- Kindergartners who will be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2022
- TK students who turn 5 years old between September 2, 2022, and February 2, 2023
- NEW students in grades 1st through 6th
- Transfers are welcome! Please spread the word to family, friends, and neighbors!
All registrations will take place online. There will be no paper packets. To register please click.
Have you changed your address, email address, or phone number since the start of the school year? Please notify the office email@example.com or 619-420-3940 in case we need to contact you in an emergency.
- Those with COVID-like symptoms (fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and/or diarrhea) must stay home and get tested.
- Please send only plain water in student water bottles.
- Please NO Gatorade, juice, etc., as this stains our carpets and attracts pests.
- NO GUM AND NO CANDY, please.
Did you know that May is Asian Pacific Islander Desi American (APIDA) Heritage and History Month?
Since the late 1970s, May has been recognized as a month to celebrate APIDA people, heritage, and history. This is a nationwide celebration to amplify the experiences, contributions, and achievements of APIDA communities.
COVID-19 Questions and Information:
- Please read the latest CVESD COVID-19 Weekly Newsletter
- To report a positive case to us in the office, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your child is experiencing any symptoms, please keep them at home and notify the school office at (619) 420-3940.
- If you have a COVID Positive Case in your home and need guidance on isolation/quarantine, please email email@example.com.
- The district’s website, www.cvesd.org, is updated daily to reflect COVID testing hours and locations.
- Starting 3/21/22 masks are strongly recommended for all staff and students.
- Independent Study Contracts are available for students who have tested positive or who must isolate/quarantine. Contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the contract.
Weekly, On-Site, Covid Testing at Loma Verde
Testing will occur every Tuesday at Loma Verde. If you have consented to testing at a COVID kiosk, it is also giving consent to test at school. To register your child CLICK HERE or with this link: https://school.covidclinic.org.
Updated Vaccination Information
Children 5 and up can be vaccinated against Covid-19. Please send completed (two doses of Pfizer) COVID-19 vaccination card copies to email@example.com to update school vaccination records. Children are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after the second Pfizer dose. Children who are fully vaccinated do not need to quarantine after exposure to a positive case IF we have vaccination records on file. Click here for information about where to get the COVID-19 vaccine.
LOST AND FOUND
Please note that the lost and found will be at the front of the school. Remember to use a permanent marker to put your child’s name on jackets, sweaters, lunch bags, and water bottles. All lost and found items that are not claimed at the end of each quarter will be donated.
School Calendar Information
Student Starting Date: July 20, 2022
Student Ending Date: June 2, 2023
Key breaks include:
- Fall Break: September 26 – October 7, 2022
- Thanksgiving Break: November 21 – November 25, 2022
- Winter Break: December 19, 2022 – January 6, 2023
- Spring Break: March 20 – March 31, 2023
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-420-3940.
Loma Verde CVESD Website: https://lomaverde.cvesd.org/
Principal Mrs. Bree Watson email@example.com
Our school/District utilizes the SchoolMessenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more. You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. Click here for more information.
Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.