Thank You for Coming!
Thank you to everyone who joined us for our Child Safety Fair & Bike Rodeo last Saturday. We had over 400 people attend our event! It was so great to be able to connect and be together as a community for the first time in over 2 years! A big shout to the Chula Vista Kiwanis for putting on the special event and providing free helmets, lunch, bike safety, a raffle, and face painting to our families. We are looking forward to the return of more community events in the future. Stay safe and wear a helmet when on a bike or scooter! Please share your pictures with Mrs. Watson through ClassDojo or email@example.com.
Residency Verification – Begins May 23, 2022
Residency verification will take place online again this year. All students returning to any school in the Chula Vista Elementary School District for the 2022/23 school year are required to show proof of residency at their school of attendance before the start of school in order for their child’s name to be placed on a class list. If you have moved out of our area and would like to continue at Loma Verde Elementary, you must contact the office to receive a Zone Transfer document. You will be receiving an email that will contain a unique “Snap Code” for each of your children enrolled at Loma Verde and a link to the website where you will be able to update information for your child and upload your residency for the 22/23 school year. You will only receive an email if you have a valid email on file at Loma Verde. If your email has recently changed, or if you do not receive emails from the district, please email or call the office to update your information at 619-420-3940 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will begin sending the “Snap Codes” the week of May 23, 2022. Please make sure to check your emails so that you may complete this promptly. If you have not received your email by May 25, please contact the school office.
Have You Changed Your Address, Email, or Phone Number?
Have you changed your address, email address, or phone number since the start of the school year? Please notify the office at email@example.com in case we need to contact you in an emergency. Not returning to Loma Verde Next Year? Please let us know as soon as possible by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Spanish Assessment for 3rd-6th Grade Dual Immersion Students Is This Week!
End-of-year testing began at the end of April. Click here to read the California State testing letter to families from our CVESD Superintendent Dr. Edwardo Reyes. Please make EVERY effort to make sure your child is at school these days. Please do not plan vacations or doctor/dentist appointments during this time. Please remember the following:
- Ensure your child is well-rested
- Encourage your child to eat a healthy breakfast
- To avoid any test irregularities, cell phones must be put away
- If possible leave iWatches at home
California Spanish Assessment State Testing for Grades 3-6: Please see this parent guide about the assessment that all students in California will be taking. Parent Guide Are you interested in reviewing practice questions with your student? Practice and Training Site
- 5/23 3rd-6th CSA part 1 (California Spanish Assessment) for dual immersion classes
- 5/24 3rd-6th CSA part 2 (California Spanish Assessment) for dual immersion classes
- Monday, 5/23-Friday, 5/27 VAPA Week
- Monday, 5/23 RESIDENCY VERIFICATION FOR 22/23 SCHOOL YEAR BEGINS
- Monday, 5/23 8:15 Kinder ACE Awards
- Tuesday, 5/24 8:15 Coffee with the Principal & ELAC Meeting (in person)
- Wednesday, 5/25 8:15 1st & 2nd grade ACE Awards
- Wednesday, 5/25 2:30-4:00 Math 24 Competition & Party
- Thursday, 5/26 8:16 3rd & 4th Grade ACE Awards
- Thursday, 5/26 6:00 PM CVESD Budget Meeting (virtual)
- Thursday, 5/26 6:00 PM Kinder DI Music Performance
- Friday, 5/27 8:15 5th grade ACE Awards
- Friday, 5/27 9:00 Loma Verde Volunteer Breakfast
- Friday, 5/27 Yearbook Distribution
- Friday, 5/27 1:00 Feeding San Diego backpack Food Distribution after school
- Monday, 5/30 NO SCHOOL – MEMORIAL DAY HOLIDAY
- Tuesday, 5/31 2:30 Yearbook Sale After School
- Tuesday, 5/31 Staff vs. Soccer Team Game
- Tuesday, 5/31 2:30 Kona Ice for sale after school & Yearbook sale
- Wednesday, 6/1 Staff vs. 6th-grade Kickball game
- Thursday, 6/2 8:30 6th Grade Promotion
- Friday, 6/3 LAST DAY OF SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS, Report Cards Sent Home
- Monday, 7/18 3:30-5:30 Back to School Packet Pick-Up & Community Resources Fair
- Wednesday, 7/20 FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL (minimum day 1:00 dismissal)
- Saturday, 7/23 9:00-1:00 CVESD Community Expo
- Click Here for 2022-2023 Calendar
Return Loma Verde Library Books
Drop off library books at the front of the school as soon as possible. Many students still have books checked out from this school year. Thank you!
CVESD Summer Junior Academy Program
2022 Summer Program – Pre-Registration https://forms.office.com/r/Z3kZSKnqDW
CVESD is collaborating with the YMCA to offer the Junior Academy to our CVESD students. Junior Academy will be offered at 4 school sites. CVESD students do not have to be enrolled at the 4 school sites to attend.
Junior Academy Dates: 6/7-7/1
Junior Academy Hours: 7:30am-4:30pm
Breakfast and lunch are provided for free. Breakfast is served between 7:30am to 8:00am.
THE PROGRAM WILL BE CLOSED ON JUNE 17 & JUNE 20
Breakfast, lunch, and snack will be provided for all students.
Pre-Registration must be completed and submitted by Parent or Legal Guardian.
One form per participant. [Program available to families that qualify]
Summer Learning Academy or CVESD Junior Academy, what is the difference? Find out HERE:
2022-2023 Online Registration for NEW Students
NEW STUDENT registration is going on now for the following:
- Kindergartners who will be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2022
- TK students who turn 5 years old between September 2, 2022, and February 2, 2023
- NEW students in grades 1st through 6th
- Transfers are welcome! Please spread the word to family, friends, and neighbors!
All registrations will take place online. There will be no paper packets. To register please click.
- Those with COVID-like symptoms (fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and/or diarrhea) must stay home and get tested.
- Please send only plain water in student water bottles.
- Please NO Gatorade, juice, etc., as this stains our carpets and attracts pests.
- NO GUM AND NO CANDY, please.
COVID-19 Questions and Information:
- Please read the latest CVESD COVID-19 Weekly Newsletter
- To report a positive case to us in the office, please email email@example.com.
- If your child is experiencing any symptoms, please keep them at home and notify the school office at (619) 420-3940.
- If you have a COVID Positive Case in your home and need guidance on isolation/quarantine, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The district’s website, www.cvesd.org, is updated daily to reflect COVID testing hours and locations.
- Starting 3/21/22 masks are strongly recommended for all staff and students.
- Independent Study Contracts are available for students who have tested positive or who must isolate/quarantine. Contact the office at email@example.com to discuss the contract.
Weekly, On-Site, Covid Testing at Loma Verde
Testing will occur every Tuesday at Loma Verde. If you have consented to testing at a COVID kiosk, it is also giving consent to test at school. To register your child CLICK HERE or with this link: https://school.covidclinic.org.
Updated Vaccination Information
Children 5 and up can be vaccinated against Covid-19. Please send completed (two doses of Pfizer) COVID-19 vaccination card copies to firstname.lastname@example.org to update school vaccination records. Children are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after the second Pfizer dose. Children who are fully vaccinated do not need to quarantine after exposure to a positive case IF we have vaccination records on file. Click here for information about where to get the COVID-19 vaccine.
LOST AND FOUND
Please note that the lost and found will be at the front of the school. Remember to use a permanent marker to put your child’s name on jackets, sweaters, lunch bags, and water bottles. All lost and found items that are not claimed at the end of each quarter will be donated.
School Calendar Information
Student Starting Date: July 20, 2022
Student Ending Date: June 2, 2023
Key breaks include:
- Fall Break: September 26 – October 7, 2022
- Thanksgiving Break: November 21 – November 25, 2022
- Winter Break: December 19, 2022 – January 6, 2023
- Spring Break: March 20 – March 31, 2023
Contact us at email@example.com or 619-420-3940.
Loma Verde CVESD Website: https://lomaverde.cvesd.org/
Principal Mrs. Bree Watson firstname.lastname@example.org
Our school/District utilizes the SchoolMessenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more. You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. Click here for more information.
Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.