State & Local Testing Continues This Week!
End-of-year testing began at the end of April. Click here to read the California State testing letter to families from our CVESD Superintendent Dr. Edwardo Reyes. Please make EVERY effort to make sure your child is at school these days. Please do not plan vacations or doctors/dentist appointments during this time. Please remember the following:
- Ensure your child is well-rested
- Encourage your child to eat a healthy breakfast
- To avoid any test irregularities, cell phones must be put away
- If possible leave iWatches at home
CAASPP State Testing for Grades 3-6: The California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) is designed to give information to teachers, students, and their families about what students know and are able to do. Please see this parent guide about the assessment that all students in California will be taking. Parent Guide Are you interested in reviewing practice questions with your student? Practice and Training Site
- 5/9 3rd-6th ELA CAT CAASPP part 1
- 5/10 3rd-6th ELA CAT CAASPP part 2
- 5/11 3rd-6th ELA PT CAASPP part 1
- 5/12 3rd-6th ELA PT CAASPP part 2
- 5/16 3rd-6th Math CAT CAASPP part 1
- 5/17 3rd-6th Math CAT CAASPP part 2
- 5/18 3rd-6th Math PT CAASPP part 1
- 5/19 3rd-6th Math PT CAASPP part 2
- 5/23 3rd-6th CSA part 1 (California Spanish Assessment) for dual immersion classes
- 5/24 3rd-6th CSA part 2 (California Spanish Assessment) for dual immersion classes
CAASPP Testing Snacks Needed!
CAASPP Testing for 3rd-6th graders is here! 🙈 Let’s support these amazing students by donating snacks to help them be energized and focused during standardized testing! Peace Patrol has volunteered to help collect and organize snack packs for some upper-grade classrooms.
Upper-Grade classes are SO THANKFUL for all the many donations to our Testing Treats! State testing next week is daunting, but knowing our friends and family support us will help us persevere!
We are all full on the previous snacks so now we only need more of the following:
1) Pretzels (available Costco Business)
2) Chocolate Chip Granola Bars (available at Walmart and other superstores etc) NO PEANUT BUTTER, please
3) Cheez-Its (available at National City Walmart SuperCenter and Target)
Since pretzels are hard to find, some classes will get Granola Bars instead.
Bring them tomorrow, Fri May 6th or Monday, May 9th, and Peace Patrol will get them organized for each class.
Thank you so much for supporting our 3rd-6th graders!
- Monday, 5/9-Friday, 5/13 VAPA Week
- Tuesday, 5/10 Weekly COVID Testing at Loma Verde
- Tuesday, 5/10 3:00 SSC Meeting (virtual)
- Friday, 5/13 8:15 Superintendent Dr. Reyes Visit to Loma Verde
- FRIDAY, 5/13 1:00 Feeding San Diego backpack Food Distribution after school
- Tuesday, 5/17 Weekly COVID Testing at Loma Verde
- Tuesday, 5/17 12:00 DAC/DELAC Meeting (virtual)
- Tuesday, 5/17 6:00 PM Spring Parent Workshop: 3 Strategies to Increase Parent Engagement at Your School 3 Strategies to Increase Parent Engagement_ENGLISH
- Wednesday, 5/18 3:00 PTO Meeting (in person)
- Wednesday, 5/18 6:00 PM CVESD Board Meeting
- Thursday, 5/19 6th Grade Masonic Awards (details coming soon!)
- Thursday, 5/19 6:00 PM Black Learners Advisory Committee @ Muraoka Elementary
- Friday, 5/20 8:15 TK ACE Awards
- Saturday, 5/21 10:00 AM-1:00 PM Loma Verde Child Safety & Bike Rodeo Event
- Monday, 5/23-Friday, 5/27 VAPA Week
- Monday, 5/23 8:15 Kinder ACE Awards
- Tuesday, 5/24 8:15 Coffee with the Principal & ELAC Meeting (in person)
- Wednesday, 5/25 8:15 1st & 2nd grade ACE Awards
- Thursday, 5/26 8:16 3rd & 4th Grade ACE Awards
- Thursday, 5/26 6:00 PM CVESD Budget Meeting (virtual)
- Friday, 5/27 8:15 5th grade ACE Awards
- FRIDAY, 5/27 1:00 Feeding San Diego backpack Food Distribution after school
- Monday, 5/30 NO SCHOOL – MEMORIAL DAY HOLIDAY
- Tuesday, 5/31 Yearbooks Distributed
- Tuesday, 5/31 Staff vs. Soccer Team Game
- Tuesday, 5/31 2:30 Kona Ice for sale after school & Yearbook sale
- Wednesday, 6/1 Staff vs. 6th-grade Kickball game
- Thursday, 6/2 8:30 6th Grade Promotion
- Friday, 6/3 LAST DAY OF SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS, Report Cards Sent Home
2022-2023 Online Registration for NEW Students
NEW STUDENT registration is going on now for the following:
- Kindergartners who will be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2022
- TK students who turn 5 years old between September 2, 2022, and February 2, 2023
- NEW students in grades 1st through 6th
- Transfers are welcome! Please spread the word to family, friends, and neighbors!
All registrations will take place online. There will be no paper packets. To register please click.
Have you changed your address, email address, or phone number since the start of the school year? Please notify the office in case we need to contact you in an emergency.
- Please send only plain water in student water bottles.
- Please NO Gatorade, juice, etc., as this stains our carpets and attracts pests.
- NO GUM AND NO CANDY, please.
Did you know that May is Asian Pacific Islander Desi American (APIDA) Heritage and History Month?
Since the late 1970s, May has been recognized as a month to celebrate APIDA people, heritage, and history. This is a nationwide celebration to amplify the experiences, contributions, and achievements of APIDA communities.
Indoor Masking Update:
Effective March 21, masking is no longer required but is strongly recommended for all students and staff members. However, it should be noted that we are required to continue to follow the SDCOE (San Diego County Office of Education) Decision Tree. We will continue to require masking for students and staff early releasing from isolation (positive cases) days 6 – 10 and students and staff exposed to positive cases in the k-12 setting. Please click here for the most up-to-date decision tree.
COVID-19 Questions and Information:
- Please read the latest CVESD COVID-19 Weekly Newsletter
- To report a positive case to us in the office, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your child is experiencing any symptoms, please keep them at home and notify the school office at (619) 420-3940.
- If you have someone who is known positive in your household, please also keep your child home and notify the office.
- If you have a COVID Positive Case in your home and need guidance on isolation/quarantine, please email email@example.com.
- The district’s website, www.cvesd.org, is updated daily to reflect COVID testing hours and locations.
- Starting 3/21/22 masks are strongly recommended for all staff and students.
- Independent Study Contracts are available for students who have tested positive or who must isolate/quarantine. Contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the contract.
Weekly, On-Site, Covid Testing at Loma Verde
Testing will occur every Tuesday at Loma Verde. If you have consented to testing at a COVID kiosk, it is also giving consent to test at school. To register your child CLICK HERE or with this link: https://school.covidclinic.org.
Updated Vaccination Information
Children 5 and up can be vaccinated against Covid-19. Please send completed (two doses of Pfizer) COVID-19 vaccination card copies to email@example.com to update school vaccination records. Children are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after the second Pfizer dose. Children who are fully vaccinated do not need to quarantine after exposure to a positive case IF we have vaccination records on file. Click here for information about where to get the COVID-19 vaccine.
B-LAC Black Learners Advisory Council
VISITORS AND VOLUNTEERS
- Volunteers must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or weekly negative COVID test, TB test results, and fingerprint clearance.
- Before the teacher can approve you to volunteer, you must also view LV Visitor and Volunteer VolunteerPowerPoint2021 and and complete THIS FORM.
- Volunteers must stay masked while on campus.
- Volunteers must also complete a LV-volunteer-disaster-information. and submit it to the office. You can also request a paper copy from the office.
- Please do not come on campus if you are not feeling well.
- Once these guidelines have been met, the teachers will provide the office with a list of approved volunteers.
LOMA VERDE SPIRIT GEAR IS FOR SALE!
We are selling Loma Verde spirit shirts, zip sweatshirts, and hoodies at school. The t-shirts are $10, green, zip sweatshirts are $28 and the pull-over sweatshirt hoodies are $20. (Cash only at this time.) Students can wear the spirit t-shirts and sweatshirt any day of the week OR the uniform shirt. Order forms can be picked up in the office or click on the tshirt-order-form-2022. Let’s show our school spirit, Wildcats! Please make sure to write your child’s first and last name inside their sweatshirts.
LOST AND FOUND
Please note that the lost and found will be at the front of the school. Remember to use a permanent marker to put your child’s name on jackets, sweaters, lunch bags, and water bottles. All lost and found items that are not claimed at the end of each quarter will be donated.
School Calendar Information
Click Here for 2021-22-Calendar
Click Here for 2022-2023 Calendar
Student Starting Date: July 20, 2022
Student Ending Date: June 2, 2023
Key breaks include:
- Fall Break: September 26 – October 7, 2022
- Thanksgiving Break: November 21 – November 25, 2022
- Winter Break: December 19, 2022 – January 6, 2023
- Spring Break: March 20 – March 31, 2023
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-420-3940.
Loma Verde CVESD Website: https://lomaverde.cvesd.org/
Principal Mrs. Bree Watson email@example.com
Our school/District utilizes the SchoolMessenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more. You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. Click here for more information.
Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.