Welcome Back to School, Wildcats! We hope you had a safe and fun Spring Break! Students return for a MINIMUM DAY on Monday, April 4. Kindergarten-6th grade dismissal is at 1:00.
Take-Home COVID Tests for Spring Break
Loma Verde Elementary School distributed take-home COVID-19 tests to families before spring break.
We ask that you please use this test on Sunday, April 3 before returning to school. While there is no statewide testing mandate for students returning to school, we highly encourage you to use the kits to test your children for COVID-19 before returning from the spring break on April 4, 2022, to help keep in-person school safe for everyone.
Instructions are available by video and as an insert in the box: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBt_H4Gc-rU
Positive tests can be reported by using THIS LINK
Please Read the Letter From Our Superintendent
- Monday, 4/4 Students Return, 4th Quarter Begins, 1:00 Dismissal Minimum Day
- Tuesday, 4/5 Weekly COVID Testing at Loma Verde
- Thursday, 4/7 Spring Picture Day, 6th Grade Panoramic Photo
- Monday, 4/11-Friday, 4/15 VAPA Week
- Tuesday, 4/12 Weekly COVID Testing at Loma Verde
- Tuesday, 4/12 3:00 SSC Meeting (virtual)
- Wednesday, 4/12 3:00 PTO Meeting (in person)
- Wednesday, 4/13 6:00 CVESD Board Meeting
- Tuesday, 4/19 Weekly COVID Testing at Loma Verde
- Tuesday, 4/19 12:00 DAC/DELAC Meeting (virtual)
- Wednesday, 4/20 6:00 BAC (virtual)
- Thursday, 4/21 6:00 Parent Forum at Muraoka – How Racism and Discrimination is Harming
- Friday, 4/22 8:15 Monday, 4/11-Friday, 4/15 VAPA Week
- Monday, 4/25-Friday, 4/29 VAPA Week
- Monday, 5/2 8:00 Testing Kick-Off Assembly on Blacktop
- Monday, 5/2-Friday, 5/6 Staff Appreciation Week
- Tuesday, 5/3 11:00 Superintendent Dr. Reyes Visit to Loma Verde
Spring Picture Day – Thursday, 4/7
Our Spring Picture Day is on Thursday, April 7, 2022. Students are welcome to wear free dress or the uniform for Spring pictures. 6th graders will be taking the group panoramic photo. Picture details will be sent home with students on Monday, April 4, 2022.
STATE & LOCAL TESTING TO BEGIN IN QUARTER 4
State and district testing is around the corner! Our school will be sending out more detailed information in April regarding our testing calendar, but in the meantime please read this letter from Dr. Reyes regarding our district and state assessments:
Indoor Masking Update:
Effective March 21, masking is no longer required, but is strongly recommended for all students and staff members. However, it should be noted that we are required to continue to follow the SDCOE (San Diego County Office of Education) Decision Tree. We will continue to require masking for students and staff early releasing from isolation (positive cases) days 6 – 10 and students and staff exposed to positive cases in the k-12 setting. Please click here for the most up-to-date decision tree.
COVID-19 Questions and Information:
- Please read the latest CVESD COVID-19 Weekly Newsletter
- To report a positive case to us in the office, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your child is experiencing any symptoms, please keep them at home and notify the school office at (619) 420-3940.
- If you have someone who is known positive in your household, please also keep your child home and notify the office.
- If you have a COVID Positive Case in your home and need guidance on isolation/quarantine, please email email@example.com.
- The district’s website, www.cvesd.org, is updated daily to reflect COVID testing hours and locations.
- Starting 3/21/22 masks are strongly recommended for all staff and students.
- Independent Study Contracts are available for students who have tested positive or who must isolate/quarantine. Contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the contract.
Weekly, On-Site, Covid Testing at Loma Verde
Testing will occur every Tuesday at Loma Verde. If you have consented to testing at a COVID kiosk, it is also giving consent to test at school.
To register your child CLICK HERE or with this link: https://school.covidclinic.org.
Updated Vaccination Information
Children 5 and up can be vaccinated against Covid-19. Please send completed (two doses of Pfizer) COVID-19 vaccination card copies to email@example.com to update school vaccination records. Children are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after the second Pfizer dose. Children who are fully vaccinated do not need to quarantine after exposure to a positive case IF we have vaccination records on file. Click here for information about where to get the COVID-19 vaccine.
LOMA VERDE YEARBOOK SALE!
The 2021-2022 Loma Verde yearbook includes all grades and features photos of students, teachers, staff, school clubs, and events. It is a great way for your Wildcats to remember their time at Loma Verde! Preorder your yearbook for $15 now. Orders are due by Monday, April 11. Each student received a yearbook order form and extras can be pocked up in the front office. Yearbooks will be distributed during the last week of school.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! The Loma Verde community has raised $1,284 for the YMCA! We are so grateful for your generosity and support! The top 3 classes (Mrs. Murdoch 6th grade, Mrs. Romero 4th grade, and Mrs. Sandoval 1st grade) were rewarded with a water-themed field day activity put on by the YMCA staff on Friday, March 18.
Family Food Need Survey
Would your family benefit from nutritious staple items and two to three pounds of fresh produce when leaving school on Friday AFTERNOONS? The backpack program aims to meet the nutritional needs of food-insecure children over weekends and school holidays. This program is every 2 weeks. We are surveying families to see if there is a need for this program at Loma Verde. Please respond to the survey below. We hope to bring this Feeding San Diego program to Loma Verde families after Spring Break. Thank you!
Please take this survey ASAP: https://bit.ly/LVFamilyFoodNeedSurvey
2022-2023 Online Registration for NEW Students
NEW STUDENT registration began on March 2 online for the following:
- Kindergartners who will be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2022
- TK students who turn 5 years old between September 2, 2022 and February 2, 2023
- NEW students in grades 1st through 6th
All registrations will take place online. There will be no paper packets. To register please visit our district website beginning March 2nd.: www.cvesd.org
B-LAC Black Learners Advisory Council
“Parents Learning to be Better Parents” Workshops
Castle Park Middle School invites you to participate in a series of workshops where you will receive updated information on what is happening in our community and with the purpose of helping you raise successful young people in school and life in general.
Workshops will be held via Zoom from 9:00-10:30 AM
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 841 4536 7692
Parents Learning to Be Better Parents Topics include:
• The Power in Education March 3
• Positive Discipline, Limits March 10
• Family Epidemics: Toxic Families/Healthy Families March 17
• The Truth About Drugs: Marijuana/VAPING/Fentanyl April 7
• Prevention/Education Bullying/Domestic violence April 14
• Mental Health: Emotional intelligence, suicide prevention, depression, anxiety April 21
• The Dangers of the Internet: Grooming, sex trafficking, apps April 28
• Graduation May 5
VISITORS AND VOLUNTEERS
- Volunteers must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or weekly negative COVID test, TB test results, and fingerprint clearance.
- Before the teacher can approve you to volunteer, you must also view LV Visitor and Volunteer VolunteerPowerPoint2021 and and complete THIS FORM.
- Volunteers must stay masked while on campus.
- Volunteers must also complete a LV-volunteer-disaster-information. and submit it to the office. You can also request a paper copy from the office.
- Please do not come on campus if you are not feeling well.
- Once these guidelines have been met, the teachers will provide the office with a list of approved volunteers.
LOMA VERDE SPIRIT GEAR IS FOR SALE!
We are selling Loma Verde spirit shirts, zip sweatshirts, and hoodies at school. The t-shirts are $10, green, zip sweatshirts are $28 and the pull-over sweatshirt hoodies are $20. (Cash only at this time.) Students can wear the spirit t-shirts and sweatshirt any day of the week OR the uniform shirt. Order forms can be picked up in the office or click on the tshirt-order-form-2022. Let’s show our school spirit, Wildcats! Please make sure to write your child’s first and last name inside their sweatshirts.
LOST AND FOUND
Please note that the lost and found will be at the front of the school. Remember to use a permanent marker to put your child’s name on jackets, sweaters, lunch bags, and water bottles. All lost and found items that are not claimed at the end of each quarter will be donated.
School Calendar Information
Click Here for 2021-22-Calendar
Click Here for 2022-2023 Calendar
Student Starting Date: July 20, 2022
Student Ending Date: June 2, 2023
Key breaks include:
- Fall Break: September 26 – October 7, 2022
- Thanksgiving Break: November 21 – November 25, 2022
- Winter Break: December 19, 2022 – January 6, 2023
- Spring Break: March 20 – March 31, 2023
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-420-3940.
Principal Mrs. Bree Watson email@example.com
Our school/District utilizes the SchoolMessenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more. You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. Click here for more information.
Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.