Hello Loma Verde Families! We had an awesome week of learning that included field trips and guest speakers for many grades. Here are a few pictures from last week!
Thought Exchange – Your Input Matters!
We need your input on “What do you feel are the most important priorities in the LCAP that our District should emphasize in order to support all students?”. To gather your feedback, we’re using a tool called ThoughtExchange. All of our voices matter, so your participation is crucial and valued. There are 3 ways to participate:
- Participate in this Exchange by navigating to tejoin.com and entering the following 9-digit code: 827-790-577
- Text the 9-digit code 827-790-577 to the phone number 728-55 to get a link to participate in this Exchange
LOMA VERDE YEARBOOK SALE!
The 2021-2022 Loma Verde yearbook includes all grades and features photos of students, teachers, staff, school clubs, and events. It is a great way for your Wildcats to remember their time at Loma Verde! Preorder your yearbook for $15 now. Orders are due by Monday, April 11. Each student received a yearbook order form and extras can be pocked up in the front office. Yearbooks will be distributed during the last week of school.
- Please send only plain water in student water bottles.
- Please NO Gatorade, juice, etc., as this stains our carpets and attracts pests.
- NO GUM AND NO CANDY, please.
- Monday, 4/11-Friday, 4/15 VAPA Week
- Tuesday, 4/12 Weekly COVID Testing at Loma Verde
- Tuesday, 4/12 3:00 SSC Meeting (virtual)
- Wednesday, 4/12 3:00 PTO Meeting (in person)
- Wednesday, 4/13 6:00 CVESD Board Meeting
- Tuesday, 4/19 Weekly COVID Testing at Loma Verde
- Tuesday, 4/19 12:00 DAC/DELAC Meeting (virtual)
- Tuesday, 4/19 6:00-7:00 PM CVESD Parent Workshop “Hurt People, Hurt People. Let’s Heal Together” (virtual)
- Wednesday, 4/20 6:00 BAC (virtual)
- Thursday, 4/21 6:00 Parent Forum at Muraoka – The Truth about Social Justice, Anti-Blackness, and Culturally Responsive Teaching and Why It Matters
- Friday, 4/22 8:15 Monday, 4/11-Friday, 4/15 VAPA Week
- Monday, 4/25-Friday, 4/29 VAPA Week
- Monday, 5/2 8:00 Testing Kick-Off Assembly on Blacktop
- Monday, 5/2-Friday, 5/6 Staff Appreciation Week
- Tuesday, 5/3 11:00 Superintendent Dr. Reyes Visit to Loma Verde
Summer Learning Academy
As a year-round school district, CVESD does not provide a traditional summer school experience. However, for the first time in many years, our district will offer a summer learning option called the Summer Learning Academy. This program will have very limited space and is intended to meet the needs of our students needing the highest level of academic and social-emotional support from the district. This may include students that are homeless or foster youth or students who are English Learners or students with disabilities. The Summer Learning Academy is designed to address the needs of our students in need, who may not otherwise get additional support.
Our school will be contacting families who qualify for this program directly to invite them to this Summer Learning Academy, which will not be at Loma Verde Elementary, but rather at another school in our district. Parents will need to provide transportation for their child if they qualify for this program. Please contact the school office directly with questions about this program.
Indoor Masking Update:
Effective March 21, masking is no longer required but is strongly recommended for all students and staff members. However, it should be noted that we are required to continue to follow the SDCOE (San Diego County Office of Education) Decision Tree. We will continue to require masking for students and staff early releasing from isolation (positive cases) days 6 – 10 and students and staff exposed to positive cases in the k-12 setting. Please click here for the most up-to-date decision tree.
COVID-19 Questions and Information:
- Please read the latest CVESD COVID-19 Weekly Newsletter
- To report a positive case to us in the office, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your child is experiencing any symptoms, please keep them at home and notify the school office at (619) 420-3940.
- If you have someone who is known positive in your household, please also keep your child home and notify the office.
- If you have a COVID Positive Case in your home and need guidance on isolation/quarantine, please email email@example.com.
- The district’s website, www.cvesd.org, is updated daily to reflect COVID testing hours and locations.
- Starting 3/21/22 masks are strongly recommended for all staff and students.
- Independent Study Contracts are available for students who have tested positive or who must isolate/quarantine. Contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the contract.
Weekly, On-Site, Covid Testing at Loma Verde
Testing will occur every Tuesday at Loma Verde. If you have consented to testing at a COVID kiosk, it is also giving consent to test at school.
Updated Vaccination Information
Children 5 and up can be vaccinated against Covid-19. Please send completed (two doses of Pfizer) COVID-19 vaccination card copies to email@example.com to update school vaccination records. Children are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after the second Pfizer dose. Children who are fully vaccinated do not need to quarantine after exposure to a positive case IF we have vaccination records on file. Click here for information about where to get the COVID-19 vaccine.
Family Food Need Survey
Would your family benefit from nutritious staple items and two to three pounds of fresh produce when leaving school on Friday AFTERNOONS? The backpack program aims to meet the nutritional needs of food-insecure children over weekends and school holidays. This program is every 2 weeks. We are surveying families to see if there is a need for this program at Loma Verde. Please respond to the survey below. We hope to bring this Feeding San Diego program to Loma Verde families after Spring Break. Thank you!
Please take this survey ASAP: https://bit.ly/LVFamilyFoodNeedSurvey
2022-2023 Online Registration for NEW Students
NEW STUDENT registration began on March 2 online for the following:
- Kindergartners who will be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2022
- TK students who turn 5 years old between September 2, 2022, and February 2, 2023
- NEW students in grades 1st through 6th
- Transfers are welcome! Please spread the word to family, friends, and neighbors!
All registrations will take place online. There will be no paper packets. To register please visit our district website beginning March 2nd.: www.cvesd.org
B-LAC Black Learners Advisory Council
“Parents Learning to be Better Parents” Workshops
Castle Park Middle School invites you to participate in a series of workshops where you will receive updated information on what is happening in our community and with the purpose of helping you raise successful young people in school and life in general.
Workshops will be held via Zoom from 9:00-10:30 AM
Meeting ID: 841 4536 7692
Parents Learning to Be Better Parents Topics include:
• The Power in Education March 3
• Positive Discipline, Limits March 10
• Family Epidemics: Toxic Families/Healthy Families March 17
• The Truth About Drugs: Marijuana/VAPING/Fentanyl April 7
• Prevention/Education Bullying/Domestic violence April 14
• Mental Health: Emotional intelligence, suicide prevention, depression, anxiety April 21
• The Dangers of the Internet: Grooming, sex trafficking, apps April 28
• Graduation May 5
VISITORS AND VOLUNTEERS
- Volunteers must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or weekly negative COVID test, TB test results, and fingerprint clearance.
- Before the teacher can approve you to volunteer, you must also view LV Visitor and Volunteer VolunteerPowerPoint2021 and and complete THIS FORM.
- Volunteers must stay masked while on campus.
- Volunteers must also complete a LV-volunteer-disaster-information. and submit it to the office. You can also request a paper copy from the office.
- Please do not come on campus if you are not feeling well.
- Once these guidelines have been met, the teachers will provide the office with a list of approved volunteers.
LOMA VERDE SPIRIT GEAR IS FOR SALE!
We are selling Loma Verde spirit shirts, zip sweatshirts, and hoodies at school. The t-shirts are $10, green, zip sweatshirts are $28 and the pull-over sweatshirt hoodies are $20. (Cash only at this time.) Students can wear the spirit t-shirts and sweatshirt any day of the week OR the uniform shirt. Order forms can be picked up in the office or click on the tshirt-order-form-2022. Let’s show our school spirit, Wildcats! Please make sure to write your child’s first and last name inside their sweatshirts.
LOST AND FOUND
Please note that the lost and found will be at the front of the school. Remember to use a permanent marker to put your child’s name on jackets, sweaters, lunch bags, and water bottles. All lost and found items that are not claimed at the end of each quarter will be donated.
School Calendar Information
Student Starting Date: July 20, 2022
Student Ending Date: June 2, 2023
Key breaks include:
- Fall Break: September 26 – October 7, 2022
- Thanksgiving Break: November 21 – November 25, 2022
- Winter Break: December 19, 2022 – January 6, 2023
- Spring Break: March 20 – March 31, 2023
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-420-3940.
Principal Mrs. Bree Watson email@example.com
Our school/District utilizes the SchoolMessenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more. You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. Click here for more information.
Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.