PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES
Our Spring Parent-Teacher Conferences started last week. They began on Thursday, March 10, and end on Thursday, March 17. Students will have minimum days during conferences with a 1:00 PM dismissal. Please make every effort to attend the scheduled conference to discuss your child’s progress. Our teachers and students will share very important information and you will have an opportunity to ask questions about your child’s progress this school year. Please contact your child’s teacher and/or the office if you have not received a scheduled conference time.
- Sunday, 3/13 – Day Light Savings Time Begins (Turn clocks ahead 1 hour)
- Monday, 3/14-Thursday, 3/17 Parent Teacher Conferences (Minimum Days 1:00 PM Dismissal)
- Tuesday, 3/15 Weekly COVID Testing at Loma Verde
- Tuesday, 3/15 8:15 AM Coffee with the Principal & ELAC Meeting (in person)
- Wednesday, 3/16 12:45-3:45 COVID At-Home Test Kit Distribution
- Wednesday, 3/16 6:00 BAC Meeting (virtual)
- Thursday, 3/17 12:45-3:45 COVID At-Home Test Kit Distribution
- Thursday, 3/17 6:00 B-LAC Black Learner Advisory Council (virtual)
- Friday, 3/18 Last Day of Quarter 4, Report Cards Sent Home
- Friday, 3/18 12:00-4:00 COVID Vaccination Clinic at Loma Verde
- Friday, 3/18 12:45-1:30 Loma Verde Spirit Shirts & Sweatshirt Sale
- Friday, 3/18 12:45-3:45 COVID At-Home Test Kit Distribution
- Monday, 3/21-Friday, 4/1 NO SCHOOL Spring Break
- Monday, 4/4 Students Return, 4th Quarter Begins, 1:00 Dismissal Minimum Day
Take-Home COVID Tests for Spring Break
Loma Verde Elementary School will be distributing take-home COVID-19 tests to families this Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday (March 16-18) at the front of the school from 12:45 pm to 3:45 pm. One kit (which includes 2 tests) will be provided for each CVESD student enrolled in our school until all tests are distributed.
While there is NO statewide testing mandate for students returning to school from Spring Break, we highly encourage you to use the kits to test your children for COVID-19 before they return from break to help keep in-person school safe for everyone.
Indoor Masking Update:
The Chula Vista Elementary School District Board of Education met on March 9, 2022. CVESD Board has decided to continue the requirement of masking through March 20th. It was decided that effective March 21, masking is no longer required, but strongly recommended for all students and staff members. However, it should be noted that we are required to continue to follow the SDCOE (San Diego County Office of Education) Decision Tree. We will continue to require masking for students and staff early releasing from isolation (positive cases) days 6 – 10 and students and staff exposed to positive cases in the k-12 setting. Please click here for the most up-to-date decision tree.
COVID-19 Questions and Information:
- Please read the latest CVESD COVID-19 Weekly Newsletter
- To report a positive case to us in the office, please email email@example.com.
- If your child is experiencing any symptoms, please keep them at home and notify the school office at (619) 420-3940.
- If you have someone who is known positive in your household, please also keep your child home and notify the office.
- If you have a COVID Positive Case in your home and need guidance on isolation/quarantine, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The district’s website, www.cvesd.org, is updated daily to reflect COVID testing hours and locations.
- Masks are required on indoors while on campus for adults and students at this time. Starting 3/21/22 masks are strongly recommended for all staff and students.
- Independent Study Contracts are available for students who have tested positive or who must isolate/quarantine. Contact the office at email@example.com to discuss the contract.
Weekly, On-Site, Covid Testing at Loma Verde
Testing will occur every Tuesday at Loma Verde. If you have consented to testing at a COVID kiosk, it is also giving consent to test at school.
Updated Vaccination Information
Children 5 and up can be vaccinated against Covid-19. Please send completed (two doses of Pfizer) COVID-19 vaccination card copies to firstname.lastname@example.org to update school vaccination records. Children are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after the second Pfizer dose. Children who are fully vaccinated do not need to quarantine after exposure to a positive case IF we have vaccination records on file. Click here for information about where to get the COVID-19 vaccine.
Family Food Need Survey
Would your family benefit from nutritious staple items and two to three pounds of fresh produce when leaving school on Friday AFTERNOONS? The backpack program aims to meet the nutritional needs of food-insecure children over weekends and school holidays. This program is every 2 weeks. We are surveying families to see if there is a need for this program at Loma Verde. Please respond to the survey below. We hope to bring this Feeding San Diego program to Loma Verde families after Spring Break. Thank you!
Please take this survey by Wednesday, 3/16: https://bit.ly/LVFamilyFoodNeedSurvey
SPRING BREAK 3/19-4/3
It is hard to believe our next break is right around the corner! Spring Break begins on March 19 and continues through April 3. Students will return to school on April 4. It will be a minimum day. We hope you enjoy the time off with your children. We encourage all our students to continue reading and practicing math over the break. Also, you may want to have your 3rd-6th grade child practice a few sample test items to help prepare for CAASPP testing in May: Practice Tests. Thank you for your support!
Please Help Us Reach Our YMCA Fundraiser Goal of $550!
COIN DRIVE – YOUR SPARE CHANGE IS NEEDED!
We are raising money for the SouthBay YMCA. Please consider donating to the worthwhile program that benefits our students and community.
The top 3 classes that raise the most money for our COIN DRIVE/ONLINE GIVING will get a 45 minute water-themed Field Day on 3/18 put on by the YMCA staff.
Each classroom will have an envelope for money collection. ALL MONEY IS DUE ON THURSDAY, 3/17 BY 1:00. Families can also donate online with the link below or use the QR code. Please include your child’s name and room number in the comments if donating online.
Please help us reach our goal of $550 to help support the YMCA. Every little bit helps, even a few dollars! Donations go toward the STRETCH program, camps, scholarships, and other beneficial YMCA programs for our community. You can share the flyer below with family and friends. Use the QR code to easily access the donation page. We greatly appreciate all the YMCA does to support Loma Verde families and the community. Thank you! Click here to donate: https://www.classy.org/fundraiser/3743094
2022-2023 Online Registration Began for NEW Students on March 2nd – Sign Up Now
NEW STUDENT registration began on March 2 online for the following:
- Kindergartners who will be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2022
- TK students who turn 5 years old between September 2, 2022 and February 2, 2023
- NEW students in grades 1st through 6th
All registrations will take place online. There will be no paper packets. To register please visit our district website beginning March 2nd.: www.cvesd.org
COMING SOON – LOMA VERDE YEARBOOK SALE!
The 2021-2022 Loma Verde yearbook includes all grades and features photos of students, teachers, staff, school clubs, and events. It is a great way for your Wildcats to remember their time at Loma Verde! Preorder your yearbook for $15 after spring break on 4/4/22. Yearbooks will be distributed during the last week of school.
B-LAC Black Learners Advisory Council
“Parents Learning to be Better Parents” Workshops
Castle Park Middle School invites you to participate in a series of workshops where you will receive updated information on what is happening in our community and with the purpose of helping you raise successful young people in school and life in general.
Workshops will be held via Zoom from 9:00-10:30 AM
Meeting ID: 841 4536 7692
Parents Learning to Be Better Parents Topics include:
• The Power in Education March 3
• Positive Discipline, Limits March 10
• Family Epidemics: Toxic Families/Healthy Families March 17
• The Truth About Drugs: Marijuana/VAPING/Fentanyl April 7
• Prevention/Education Bullying/Domestic violence April 14
• Mental Health: Emotional intelligence, suicide prevention, depression, anxiety April 21
• The Dangers of the Internet: Grooming, sex trafficking, apps April 28
• Graduation May 5
VISITORS AND VOLUNTEERS
- Volunteers must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or weekly negative COVID test, TB test results, and fingerprint clearance.
- Before the teacher can approve you to volunteer, you must also view LV Visitor and Volunteer VolunteerPowerPoint2021 and and complete THIS FORM.
- Volunteers must stay masked while on campus.
- Volunteers must also complete a LV-volunteer-disaster-information. and submit it to the office. You can also request a paper copy from the office.
- Please do not come on campus if you are not feeling well.
- Once these guidelines have been met, the teachers will provide the office with a list of approved volunteers.
LOMA VERDE SPIRIT GEAR IS FOR SALE!
We are selling Loma Verde spirit shirts and hoodies at school. The t-shirts are $10 and the pull-over sweatshirt hoodies are $20. (Cash only at this time.) Students can wear the spirit t-shirts and sweatshirt any day of the week OR the uniform shirt. Order forms can be picked up in the office. Let’s show our school spirit, Wildcats! Loma Verde Spirit Gear -Order-FormDOWNLOAD Please make sure to write your child’s first and last name inside their hoodie.
LOST AND FOUND
Please note that the lost and found will be at the front of the school. Remember to use a permanent marker to put your child’s name on jackets, sweaters, lunch bags, and water bottles. All lost and found items that are not claimed at the end of each quarter will be donated.
Contact us at email@example.com or 619-420-3940.
Principal Mrs. Bree Watson firstname.lastname@example.org
Our school/District utilizes the SchoolMessenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more. You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. Click here for more information.
Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.