Our Loma Verde Wildcats have been learning what it means to be a Wildcat the past several weeks. Our 3 Personal Standards help make Loma Verde a wonderful place for our students to learn and grow. Please review the traits with your children. We are always looking for Wildcats that go above and beyond demonstrating the 3 Personal Standards: Show Respect, Mark Good Decisions, and Solve Problems! We look forward to recognizing our Wildcats of the Week on Monday at our Blacktop Character Assembly! Please keep encouraging our Wildcats to be their best selves each day!
We want to share a few important reminders:
You may have many questions regarding current school procedures.
- Please view the Loma Verde Parent-Student-Handbook for important information about our school
- Click on the CVESD Safe Return to School Parent Playbook & CVESD Safe Return to school Parent Playbook-SPANISH for current COVID-19 Safety Information.
- Click on the CVESD website for more information on the safe reopening of school.
- All staff and students will wear masks while indoors and may remove masks outdoors. Teach your child to place their mask either under chin, on wrist, or in pocket when not in use. If you choose to use a mask lanyard, please ensure that it has a breakaway feature for safety. Please note that scarves and gaiters are not a substitute for masks.
- Students may take off masks during lunch and recess
- Students may take off masks during outside instruction or activities
- Please screen your child for Covid-19 symptoms each day before school.
- If your child has any pre-existing conditions, including those with Covid-like symptoms (e.g. allergies, asthma), please provide documentation from the doctor so that we can have it on file. This will help prevent your child from being sent home if they have symptoms from a chronic condition. Contact our nurse, Linda Kucinski, for questions at email@example.com.
- Please send a water bottle with your child. Water bottles can be filled at the classroom sink. Drinking fountains are now open on the blacktop by the 300 and 400 buildings.
- Label lunch boxes, water bottles, and sweaters with your child’s name!
- Monday, 8/16 – Friday, 8/20 – VAPA Week #2
- Wednesday, 8/18 – 3:00 PM PTO General Meeting (in person – outdoor lunch arbor)
- Wednesday, 8/24 12:00-2:00 DAC/DELAC Meeting
- Wednesday, 8/24 3:00 PM – SSC Meeting (Virtual)
- Thursday, 8/26 – Loma Verde Picture Day
- Monday, 8/30 – 8:00 AM Kids Heart Challenge Kick-Off
- Monday, 8/30 – Friday, 9/3 – VAPA Week #3
- Thursday, 9/2 -3:00 PM PTO General Meeting
- Monday, 9/6 – NO SCHOOL, Labor Day Holiday
- Wednesday, 9/8 – 8:15 AM ELAC Meeting
- Thursday, 9/9-Thursday, 9/16 Parent/Teacher Conferences (minimum days, 1:00 dismissal)
- Monday, 9/13 – Friday, 9/16 – VAPA Week #4
- Tuesday, 9/14 – 3:00 PM SSC Meeting
- Wednesday, 9/15 – 6:00 PM CVESD Board Meeting
- Friday, 9/17 – Kid’s Heart Challenge School-wide Event
- Friday, 9/17 – Last Day of 1st Quarter
- Monday, 9/20 – 10/4 – NO SCHOOL – Fall Break
- If your student is going to be absent, please contact our school Health Attendance Specialist Mrs. Ivonne Jimenez @ 619-420-3940 ext. 370110 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. This step is critical as we cannot allow your child to return to class until we know the reason for the absence.
- If your child is going to be absent for a full or partial day due to medical appointment(s) be sure to submit a doctor’s note the following day.
- If your child is going to be tardy due to a medical appointment be sure to have your student submit his/her doctor’s note upon arrival.
- If your child is going to be absent due to a sport tournament, the district requires a note from the organization or flyer with the student’s name for it to be excused.
- Out of town trips or Vacations are NOT excused absences.
- If your student is going to be absent for 5 days or more, please contact our Health Attendance Specialist to discuss if any accommodations can be made.
- Please remember if your child has any of the COVID-19 symptoms, they must stay home. Please be sure to call the office to report the absence.
COVID Testing in Chula Vista
Chula Vista Elementary School District is offering free testing at the Education Services and Support Center at 84 East J Street, Chula Vista 91910:
- Monday – Thursday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Friday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
El Distrito de Escuelas Primarias de Chula Vista está ofreciendo pruebas gratuitas en las Oficinas Centrales, 84 East J Street Chula Vista CA 91910:
- Lunes a jueves 8:00 AM a 4:00 PM
- Viernes 8:00 AM a 3:00 PM
What type of COVID test do I need???
CLICK HERE for information regarding what type of COVID test you are your child may need.
Your Input is Needed!
Please complete the Loma Verde Elementary School Parent Involvement Survey to help us better plan for the 2021-2022 school year. It will take approximately 4 minutes to complete. https://forms.office.com/r/AcvvpTNR7H
WANTED! School Site Council (SSC) Parent Representatives!
School Site Council is still looking for new members! If you are interested in making decisions about our school budget and Single Plan for Student Achievement, please consider getting involved. Elections will be held at the end of this week. The Loma Verde SSC bylaws specify that parent representatives serve a 2-year term. Any parent/guardian whose child attends our school and is not a paid employee on staff at the school site is eligible to be a SSC parent representative. The SSC usually meets one Tuesday a month from 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm. If you would like to place your name on the ballot for parent representative, please submit your name to Mrs. Watson email@example.com. Include a short bio telling a little bit about yourself and why you are interested in serving on the School Site Council.
Join our PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) Group!
We need your help to make this year fantastic! Please join our PTO group to help out at school event. We are also looking for parents to join with membership dues of $5 per student or $10 per family. Click on the file link below to access the form. Forms and money can be turned into the office. Membership dues help to fund field trips, school events, classroom supplies, guest speakers, and much more! All the money collected is spent on OUR LOMA VERDE STUDENTS! Thank you! lvmembershipdrive-21-22DOWNLOAD.
Our next general PTO meeting is Wednesday, August 18 at 3:00 PM in the lunch arbor. Everyone is welcome!
VISITORS AND VOLUNTEERS ~ UPDATED
- Volunteers must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, TB test results, and fingerprint clearance.
- Before the teacher can approve you to volunteer, you must also view LV Visitor and Volunteer VolunteerPowerPoint2021 and and complete THIS FORM.
- Only one volunteer allowed in the classroom at a time.
- Volunteers must stay masked while on campus.
- Volunteers must also complete a LV-volunteer-disaster-information. and submit it to the office. You can also request a paper copy from the office.
- Please do not come on campus if you are not feeling well.
Once these guidelines have been met, the teachers will provide the office with a list of approved volunteers.
Loma Verde is looking for substitute teachers. Great Pay! Great Place to Work! For more information click here.
DONATION NEEDED for cases of water for our classrooms. If you are able to donate a case of water please drop it off at the school office between 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Thank you!
LOST AND FOUND
Please note that the lost and found table will be at the front of the school. Remember to use a permanent marker to put your child’s name on jackets, sweaters, lunch bags, and water bottles.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-420-3940.
Get District and School Notifications 2019-20 SMS Text Opt-in Eng Sp combined
Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.