WELCOME – BIENVENIDOS
We are so excited for our first day of school on Monday, July 22. School begins promptly at 8:00 am. Please remember that it is a minimum day with all Kindergarten-6th students dismissed at 1:00 p.m. Kindergarten students will be dismissed at 1:00 a.m. all week.
We encourage you to walk, bike, or carpool to school. Please allow plenty of time for pick up and drop off. Afternoon gates will open at 1:00 for parents to pick up their children on the first day.
We are so thrilled to welcome all our new and returning Wildcats on Monday!
PARKING, DROP-OFF, AND PICK-UP
All of us at Loma Verde want to thank our families and community members in advance for their patience and understanding as we try to accommodate the many vehicles that arrive each morning and afternoon at our school. We strongly recommend that families use the drop-off and pick up areas we have established at school.
1. Drop off and pick up students only in the drop-off zone.
2. If you must leave your car, park in the parking lot, not the bus loop.
3. NO Dogs during arrival and dismissal.
4. Please do not park in RESERVED spaces.
5. Students must walk bikes on the sidewalk.
6. Students who are not picked up by 2:45 pm (1:15 pm on minimum days) will be escorted to the office and must sign in. Persons picking up the child must come to the office to sign him/her out.
7. For everyone’s safety BE PATIENT, KIND, and CONSIDERATE.
BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT-PACKET PICK-UP
Thank you for attending our Back to School Night-Packet Pick-up last Friday! We appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedules to come to school. Thank you to our team for putting on this new event. If you did not come to school on Friday to pick up the packet, it will be given out in class on Monday. Students can stop bt the table outside the office to find out who their teacher is this year.
SPIRIT GEAR FOR SALE
We have new Loma Verde spirit gear for sale! Students can wear the t-shirt and sweatshirt any day of the week instead of the uniform shirt. Order forms will be sent home with students this week or you can pick it up in the office. There is a discount on shirts if families join our PTO.
PTO MEMBERSHIP DRIVE – PLEASE JOIN!
Families, we are doing a PTO Membership Drive this year. It is $5 per students or $10 per family. ALL money goes back to our school. Click on the link to access the PTO Membership Drive form: LVMembershipDrive19-20 . PTO membership dues will be spent on the following things this year:
- Classroom Fieldtrips
- Classroom Supplies for each classroom
- Library Books
- Maker Space Materials
- School Events
- Discounts on LV Spirit Gear (Save $2 on each Spirit Shirt)
- Free Movie Night Entrance
WANTED! School Site Council (SSC) Parent Representatives!
Are you interested in serving on our school governance committee? Nominations will be taken July 22 through July 26, 2019. Please leave your name and contact information with the school office. Elections will take place Monday, July 29. Our first meeting will be on Tuesday, July 30 at 3:00.
- Meetings only 6 times a year on Tuesdays at 3:00 pm
- Be a part of the decision making on the school budget
- Be a part of the decision making on school achievement
- No experience necessary
Thursday, July 25 – 8:30 am and 5:30 pm is the Parent Information and Volunteer Inservice. Topics include:
- Campus Safety
- School Site Council (SSC)
- English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC)
- The Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP)
- Please note that for everyone’s safety NO Visitors or Volunteers will be allowed on campus until August 5. Volunteers must attend one of the Volunteer In-services on July 25.
Wednesday, August 1 – 2:45 pm PTO General Meeting & elections
Thursday, August 8 – 5:00-6:30 TK-6th grade Parent Curriculum Information Meetings in the classrooms. We strongly encourage everyone to attend as important information will be shared. It is also a great time to meet your child’s teacher and visit the classrooms. There are 2 sessions with repeated information.
- No changes will be made to class assignments in the first 2 weeks of school. If you would like to request a classroom change after that you may submit your request in writing and your request will be taken into consideration only if space is available beginning August 5.
- We have worked hard on bringing down our Chronic Absenteeism rate. Please make sure to read the parent handbook when you receive it on July 19 regarding attendance. Our continued goal will be an average daily rate of 98%. Help us make this possible. Students will perfect attendance and no tardies during the 1st quarter will be invited to a special inflatable slide party at school on the last day of the quarter.
- Below are the school calendars for the next two school years. Please consider these dates when planning family trips.
- 2019-20 Year Round Schools Calendar2020-21 Year Round Schools Calendar
July 25 – 8:30 & 5:30 Volunteers Inservice in the auditorium
July 29 – 8:00 Morning Blacktop Assembly
July 30 – 3:00 SSC Meeting
August 1 – 2:45 PTO Meeting & elections
August 5-9 Book Fair
August 6 – 2:30-4:00 Math24 begins
August 8 – 5:00-6:30 Loma Verde Curriculum Night
August 10 – 8:30-1:00 Saturday Scholars begins
August 15 – 8:30 ELAC Meeting & elections
August 22 – 8:30 Coffee with the Principal
August 26 – LifeTouch Picture Day
September 2 – NO SCHOOL (Labor Day)
September 3 – 8:15 & 9:00 Jump Rope for Heart Kick-Off Assembly
September 12 – 8:30 ELAC
September 12 – BBQ Lunch with parents (during student lunchtime)
September 13 – 5:30-8:00 PTO Movie Night
September 12-20 Parent-Teacher Conferences (minimum days, students dismissed at 1:00)
September 16 – 6:00 A.G.E. (Adolescence Growth Education) Preview Night at CVESD District Office
September 20 – 8:30 Jump Rope for Heart Event
Get District and School Notifications 2019-20 SMS Text Opt-in Eng Sp combined
Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.