Our goal is to inform families of school events and provide important announcements for the coming week. Please sign up to follow this blog with your email. The weekly blog will be sent out at the beginning of each week through CVESD School Messenger, ClassDojo, Loma Verde’s Facebook page, and Twitter. Thank you for reading the weekly blog.
THANK YOU – GRACIAS
Thank you for a wonderful first week of school! It was so great to welcome back our Wildcats for the 2019-2020 school year. We are so thankful for our teachers, staff, and volunteers that put in the extra effort to make the beginning of the school year such a success and preparing for an amazing year of learning.
Thank you, volunteers, for coming to our Volunteer Inservice on July 25th. We had a great turnout! If you were not able to come to the Volunteer Inservice, please complete the following items before you volunteer at school:
- Review the LV Visitor and Volunteer PowerPoint
- Read the LV Volunteer Handbook 2019-20
- Review/sign/return the Volunteer Expectation page to the office LV Visitor and Volunteer General Information Form English or LV Visitor and Volunteer General Information Form-Spanish
- Submit your TB clearance test to the office (if you are volunteering 2 or more days per week on campus)
- Get fingerprinted (See the secretary for information – if you are volunteering 2 or more days per week on campus)
Please note that for safety reasons no visitors or volunteers are allowed in the classrooms during the instructional day the first 2 weeks of school. Visitors and volunteers will be allowed on campus beginning Monday, August 5.
WANTED! School Site Council (SSC) Parent Representatives!
School Site Council is looking for new members!!! Elections will be held Wednesday, August 8, 2019, during Curriculum Night. The Loma Verde SSC bylaws specify that parent representatives serve a 2-year term. We have openings for next year’s Council for 2 parent representatives. Any parent/guardian whose child attends our school and is not a paid employee on staff at the school site is eligible to be a SSC parent representative. The SSC usually meets one Tuesday a month from 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm. If you would like to place your name on the ballot for parent representative, please submit your name to Mrs. Watson. Include a short bio telling a little bit about yourself and why you are interested in serving on the School Site Council by Tuesday, August 6, 2019.
PTO MEMBERSHIP DRIVE – PLEASE JOIN!
Families, we are doing a PTO Membership Drive this year. It is $5 per students or $10 per family. ALL money goes back to our school. Click on the link to access the PTO Membership Drive form: LVMembershipDrive19-20 . PTO membership dues will be spent on the following things this year:
- Classroom Fieldtrips
- Classroom Supplies for each classroom
- Library Books
- Maker Space Materials
- School Events
- Discounts on LV Spirit Gear (Save $2 on each Spirit Shirt)
- Free Movie Night Entrance
MEET THE TEACHER – CURRICULUM NIGHT COMING UP ON AUGUST 8
5:00 – 5:15 pm – Information on the blacktop
5:30 – 6:00 pm – Classroom Presentation (Session 1)
6:00 – 6:30 pm – Classroom Presentation (Session 2) ** Repeated session
*** Both sessions will be the same information
SPIRIT GEAR FOR SALE
We have new Loma Verde spirit gear for sale! Students can wear the new t-shirt and sweatshirt any day of the week OR the uniform shirt. Order forms were sent home with students last week. You can pick up additional forms in the office. There is a discount on shirts if families join our PTO.
DUAL LANGUAGE IMMERSION PARENT MEETING – AUGUST 13
Join us on August 13 at 5:30 to learn about our Transitional Kindergarten (TK) through 6th-grade Dual Language Immersion program (DI) at Loma Verde. We will be sharing our Dual Immersion Handbook with the program overview, expectations, and DI contract with families. Please join us!
MORNING MILEAGE CLUB TO BEGIN AUGUST 5TH
We are excited to offer our Morning Mileage Club before school at 7:30 am daily starting August 5. We encourage all students to participate! It is a great way to get some exercise with your friends before school. Last year, we had numerous students run the equivalent of a marathon before school! If you are on campus between 7:30 and 7:55, please join us for the Morning Mileage Club! Also, if you are a parent/guardian and would like to volunteer to help scan as students run laps, please let us know. We can’t wait to see you there!
PERFECT ATTENDANCE FOR THE WEEK!
Congratulations to the following 11 classes for having 100% attendance last week: Navaroli, Alvillar, Polanco, Snell, Sandoval, Garcia Heller, Olmedo-Rivera, Youssofi, Murdoch, Holmes, Valdivia, Way to go! Loma Verde’s overall attendance was 99% last week! Our goal is at least 98% every week. Be sure to bring your child to school every day and on time. Every minute of every day counts!
- No changes will be made to class assignments in the first 2 weeks of school. If you would like to request a classroom change after that you may submit your request in writing and your request will be taken into consideration only if space is available beginning August 5.
- We have worked hard on bringing down our Chronic Absenteeism rate. Please make sure to read the parent handbook regarding attendance. Our continued goal will be an average daily rate of 98%. Help us make this possible. Students will perfect attendance and no tardies during the 1st quarter will be invited to a special inflatable slide party at school on the last day of the quarter.
- Below are the school calendars for the next two school years. Please consider these dates when planning family trips.
- 2019-20 Year Round Schools Calendar2020-21 Year Round Schools Calendar
July 29 – 8:00 Morning Blacktop Assembly
July 30 – 3:00 SSC Meeting
August 1 – 2:45 PTO Meeting & elections
August 2-9 Book Fair (Information page: https://bookfairs.scholastic.com/bookfairs/cptoolkit/homepage.do?method=homepage&url=lomaverdewildcats)
August 7 – 2:30-4:00 Math24 begins
August 8 – 5:00-6:30 Loma Verde Curriculum Night
August 13 – 12:00-2:00 DAC/DELAC Meeting @ district office
August 13 – 5:30 p.m. Dual Immersion Parent Meeting @ auditorium
August 15 – 8:30 ELAC Meeting & elections
August 22 – 8:30 Coffee with the Principal
August 26 – LifeTouch Picture Day
September 2 – NO SCHOOL (Labor Day)
September 3 – 8:15 & 9:00 Jump Rope for Heart Kick-Off Assembly
September 12 – 8:30 ELAC Meeting
September 12 – BBQ Lunch with parents (during student lunchtime)
September 13 – 5:30-8:00 PTO Movie Night
September 12-20 Parent-Teacher Conferences (minimum days, students dismissed at 1:00)
September 16 – 6:00 A.G.E. (Adolescence Growth Education) Preview Night at CVESD District Office
September 20 – 8:30 Jump Rope for Heart Event
Get District and School Notifications 2019-20 SMS Text Opt-in Eng Sp combined
Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.