Friday, July 19 from 3:30 pm to 5:00 pm Join us to find out who your child’s teacher is and pick up your back-to-school packet. Please note that if you have not completed Residency Verification then your child will not be assigned to a classroom.
- Buy new Loma Verde spirit wear
- Sign up for PTO
- Learn more about our after school clubs
- Learn about our English Language Advisory Committee Association
- Meet our new PE teacher and play games
- Dinner will be available for purchase
- Sign up for parenting classes
- Raffle for movie tickets
- Feed America will be here
- Mobile Clinic
The school office is open from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. Please note: If you have not done Residency Verification Renewal, your child has not been placed in a class. Please be sure to do this to ensure a smooth first day for you and your child(ren). Please feel free to call or stop by if you have any questions.
July 22 at 8:00 am is the First Day of School for students in grades K-6 and is a Minimum Day (Dismissal is 1:00 pm).
- July 23 – 26 Kindergarten dismissal is 1:00 pm.
- July 29 Kindergarten schedule 8:00 am – 2:30 pm Monday – Thursday and 8:00 pm – 1:00 pm on Fridays.
DROP OFF AND PICK UP IMPORTANT INFORMATION
1. Drop off and pick up students only in the drop-off zone.
2. If you must leave your car, park in the parking lot, not the bus loop.
3. NO Dogs during arrival and dismissal.
4. Please do not park in RESERVED spaces.
5. Students must walk bikes on the sidewalk.
6. Students not picked up by 2:45 pm (1:15 pm on minimum days) will be escorted to the office and must sign in. Persons picking up the child must come to the office to sign him/her out.
7. For everyone’s safety BE PATIENT, KIND, and CONSIDERATE.
WANTED! School Site Council (SSC) Parent Representatives!
Are you interested in serving on our school governance committee? Nominations will be taken July 22 through July 26, 2019. Please leave your name and contact information with the school office. Elections will take place Monday, July 29. Our first meeting will be on Tuesday, July 30 at 3:00.
- Meetings only 6 times a year on Tuesdays at 3:00 pm
- Be a part of the decision making on the school budget
- Be a part of the decision making on school achievement
- No experience necessary
Thursday, July 25 – 8:30 am and 5:30 pm is the Parent Information and Volunteer Inservice. Topics include:
- Campus Safety
- School Site Council (SSC)
- English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC)
- The Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP)
- Please note that for everyone’s safety NO Visitors or Volunteers will be allowed on campus until August 5. Volunteers must attend one of the Volunteer In-services on July 25.
Wednesday, August 1 – 2:45 pm PTO General Meeting & elections
Thursday, August 8 – 5:30-7:15 TK-6th grade Parent Curriculum Information Meetings in the classrooms. We strongly encourage everyone to attend as important information will be shared. It is also a great time to meet your child’s teacher and visit the classrooms. There are 2 sessions with repeated information.
- 5:30-6:15 1st session
- 6:30-7:15 2nd session
- No changes will be made to class assignments in the first 2 weeks of school. If you would like to request a classroom change after that you may submit your request in writing and your request will be taken into consideration only if space is available beginning August 5.
- We have worked hard on bringing down our Chronic Absenteeism rate. Please make sure to read the parent handbook when you receive it on July 19 regarding attendance. Our continued goal will be an average daily rate of 98%. Help us make this possible. Below are the school calendars for the next two school years. Please consider these dates when planning family trips.
We look forward to seeing all of our Loma Verde Wildcats!
Get District and School Notifications 2019-20 SMS Text Opt-in Eng Sp combined
Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.