Hello Loma Verde Families,
Happy Halloween! We hope our families who celebrate Halloween and/or Día de los Muertos have a safe and fun holiday! Reminder: No gum or candy is allowed at school.
Loma Verde Costume Parade – Monday, 10/31
Loma Verde’s Costume Parade is Monday, Oct. 31 at 1:50 p.m. Students may wear a costume to school. Please observe these guidelines when choosing a costume:
- Faces must not be covered up.
- Costumes are to be tasteful and appropriate for elementary school. Our youngest students are 3 years old. Nothing scary, please. No references to shows or games that are not appropriate for young children.
- Blood, guts and/or gore are not allowed.
- Fake guns, swords, knives or anything resembling a weapon is not allowed.
- If you are not sure if it is appropriate, ask your teacher.
- Costumes must not require parent or adult assistance.
- Students participating in the parade should arrive at school in their costumes and remain in costume all day.
- Students not participating will be supervised in the library.
Birthday Celebrations & CVESD Wellness Policy
CVESD has a Wellness Policy: Birthday Celebrations- No celebratory food items will be allowed on school sites during the school day in celebration of a student’s birthday. Please do not make arrangements to give students food items before or after school on property. Students have allergies. All it takes is for a student to eat a item with peanuts and they can become very ill in a matter of seconds. Help us keep all Wildcats safe by following the CVESD Wellness Policy. To learn more, visit the following Link Bp 5030.
Visitor Sign-In Reminders
Visitor Sign-In: All visitors on campus after the start of the bell and during school hours must be signed in at the front office. Please be prepared to bring your I.D. and sign in via the Raptor Visitor Management System. If you are attending an event, come early to sign in.
- Monday, 10/31 1:50 Halloween Parade
- Saturday, 11/5 8:30-1:00 Saturday Scholars
- Saturday, 11/5 8:00-1:00 Mini CABE @ Otay Ranch High School
- Sunday, 11/6 – Daylight Savings Time ends – Turn clocks back 1 hour
- Tuesday, 11/8 3:00 SSC Meeting
- Wednesday, 11/9 6:00 CVESD Board Meeting
- Thursday, 11/10 8:15 Coffee with the Principal & ELAC Meeting
- Thursday, 11/10 5:00-7:00 Preschool & TK Parent Workshop “Positive Solutions to Challenging Behaviors” Virtual Workshop Registration Link
- Friday, 11/11 NO SCHOOL – VETERANS DAY
- Monday, 11/14-Friday, 11/18 VAPA Week
- Tuesday, 11/15 12:00 DAC/DELAC @ ESSC
- Thursday, 11/17 6:00 B-LAC Meeting @ Hedenkamp Elementary
- Friday, 11/18 8:15 PTO Meeting
- Saturday, 11/19 8:30-1:00 Saturday Scholars @ Navy SWMI in Balboa Park
- Monday, 11/21-Friday, 11/25 NO SCHOOL – THANKSGIVING BREAK
- Wednesday, 11/30 2:30 Kona Ice
- Thursday, 12/1-Friday, 12/16 Loma Verde Holiday Shop
- Thursday, 12/8 8:15 Coffee with the Principal & ELAC Meeting
- Friday 12/9 8:15 5th & 6th grade ACE Awards
- Friday, 12/9 1:00 Loma Verde Food Distribution & Community Resources
- Saturday, 12/10 12:00-2:00 Loma Verde Toys for Joy @ Memorial Park
- Monday, 12/12-Friday, 12/16 6th Grade to Camp Marston
- Monday, 12/12 8:30 TK & Kinder ACE Awards
- Tuesday 12/13 8:15 1st & 2nd grade ACE Awards
- Tuesday, 12/13 5:00 Kinder Dual Immersion Holiday Performance
- Wednesday, 12/14 6:00 CVESD Board Meeting
- Thursday 12/15 8:15 3rd & 4th grade ACE Awards
- Thursday, 12/15 Quarter 2 Perfect Attendance Dance
- Friday, 12/16 Report Cards Go Home, LAST DAY OF QUARTER 2
- Monday, 12/19-Monday, 1/9 NO SCHOOL WINTER BREAK
- Tuesday, 1/10 Students Return, Minimum Day, 1:00 dismissal
- Click Here for the 2022-2023 Calendar
Week #13 TK-6th grade attendance average: 92% (Goal is 98% or higher)
Top Classes with Highest Attendance in Week #13 (10/24-10/28):
- 98.7% Room 204 Ms. Sadler 2nd grade
- 98.7% Room 403 Mr. Cooper 5th grade
Our school’s average daily attendance is 92.1% so far this year. Our goal is 98%.
Important Attendance Reminders
Students need to be at school every day and on time. Please make sure your child is here by 7:55 a.m. and lined up on the blacktop (1st-6th grade) or by the classroom (TK-kinder). Let’s improve our attendance! If your child must be out sick, please contact the office at 619-420-3940 or email@example.com to excuse the absence. Remember to bring a doctor’s note. Vacations, dentist, and doctor visits should be scheduled during our breaks whenever possible. If your child misses school, they are missing out on important learning! Our school staff will be meeting with parents/guardians, calling home, and doing home visits for students who are chronically absent.
Please Monitor What Your Child Watches on TV, Videos, and Games
Parents and guardians, you can help build a peaceful school community. Please monitor the videos, shows, and games your child is viewing and playing. Common Sense Media is a great resource for parents to learn parenting tips for the digital age. Acting out or discussing inappropriate content (e.g. Squid Game) is not permitted at school. Play fighting or simulating a weapon is not allowed at school.
Red Ribbon Week and Loma Verde Spirit Week Pictures!
Last week was our Red Ribbon Week. The theme this year is “Celebrate Life Live Drug Free”.We learned more about the importance of living a healthy, drug, alcohol, and tobacco-free life. Here is a LINK for taking the pledge together with your child. Check out a few pictures of the amazing school spirit from our theme days last week. Thank you for your GREAT participation!
Congratulation to our Wildcat Students of the Week #13!
|Kinder: Sky, Osvaldo, Isabella M, Ximena A, Camila, Leyla|
|1st: Ailani, Sebastian, Kayle, Lionnel, Eliana, Paulette|
|2nd: Julio, Victoria, Arian, Alondra, Emmanuel, Paulette|
|3rd: Zayden, Ruby, Khloe, Caleb, Ximena R, Liam, Jaime, Ivana|
|4th: David, Natalia, Nikkie, Ivan|
|5th: Aldo, Elias, Anaili, Jordani|
|6th: Anne, Luis, Omar, Edgar|
- Click here to access our 22-23 School Handbook
- Students must have a Cell Phone Waiver on File before bringing cell phones onto campus. Click on LV Cell Phone Waiver 22-23 to access the file.
- Please screen your child for Covid-19 symptoms each day before school.
- If your child has any pre-existing conditions, including those with Covid-like symptoms (e.g. allergies, asthma), please provide documentation from the doctor so that we can have it on file. This will help prevent your child from being sent home if they have symptoms of a chronic condition.
- Please send a water bottle with your child. Water bottles can be filled at the classroom sink or outside drinking fountains.
- Do not send sports drinks or soda to school with your child.
- Label lunch boxes, water bottles, and sweaters with your child’s name.
- No toys, trading cards, fidgits, or sports equipment from home are allowed at school.
Free COVID Testing
Families may come to the school office, Monday- Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to receive a free antigen test. The testing is not required. Please report any positive cases to our school office at (619) 420-3940 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weekly, voluntary COVID-19 testing will continue on our school campus via Campus Clinic each week. Parents and legal guardians must opt-in to the program and no child will be tested without proper consent. If families would like to watch a video on the registration process, they can visit: https://campusclinic.org/how-to/ .
For this free testing support, please email: email@example.com.
For community testing at the kiosks, individuals will need to register on-site. You only need to register one time for a test through the kiosk.
DONATION NEEDED for cases of water for our classrooms. If you are able to donate a case of water please drop it off at the school office between 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Thank you!
LOST AND FOUND
Please note that the lost and found rack will be at the front of the school. Remember to use a permanent marker to put your child’s name on jackets, sweaters, lunch bags, and water bottles.
Breakfast & Lunch Menu
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PHONE: 619-420-3940
- Loma Verde CVESD Website: https://lomaverde.cvesd.org/
- Principal Mrs. Bree Watson email@example.com
Our school/District utilizes the SchoolMessenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more. You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. Click here for more information.
FOLLOW UP ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
- Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
- Loma Verde Instagram – lomaverdewildcats Install the app to follow our photos and videos. https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=1ip9wfy7lwpmu&utm_content=otsqk0b
- Loma Verde Facebook – Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.