It’s Red Ribbon Week and Loma Verde Spirit Week! Please watch the short video about why we have Red Ribbon Week and see the information below for our Loma Verde Spirit Days.
We will learn about the importance of living a healthy, drug, alcohol, and tobacco-free life. Here is a LINK for taking the pledge together with your child.
FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT FUN!
Thank you to the PTO and Loma Verde staff for putting on a wonderful community event on Friday, 10/21/22! We watched Sing 2 under the stars! At least 150 families attended our Family Movie Night. Stay tuned for news about our next PTO event! We love our Wildcat families!
Book Character Pumpkin Decorating Contest
Our Book Character Pumpkin Decorating Contest is going on 10/18-10/27. Don’t forget to turn in your Book Character Pumpkin to the library by Thursday, 10/27! No carved pumpkins will be accepted for entry. We can’t wait to see the artistic expression of our Wildcats come to life in the spirit of the pumpkin season. Contest Rules:
- You may use real or fake pumpkins.
- Get creative by using paper, glue, paint, markers, fabric, or any other craft items to decorate your pumpkin.
- Drop off your decorated pumpkin to our librarian.
- Students will have an opportunity to view the pumpkins and vote for their top three favorites during the week of November 1-3.
- The top three students with the most votes will be announced on our school blog.
- Prizes: 1st place $75 in Scholastic Rewards, 2nd place $50 in Scholastic Rewards, 3rd place $25 in Scholastic Rewards
- Monday, 10/24-Friday, 10/28 Red Ribbon Week
- Wednesday, 10/26 2:30-3:00 Kona Ice
- Wednesday, 10/26 6:00 p.m. Budget Advisory Meeting @ ESSC
- Friday, 10/28 1:00 Loma Verde Backpack Food Distribution (FREE)
- Saturday, 10/29 8:30-1:00 Saturday Scholars
- Monday, 10/31-Friday, 11/4 VAPA Week
- Monday, 10/31 1:30 Halloween Parade
- Saturday, 11/5 8:30-1:00 Saturday Scholars
- Saturday, 11/5 Mini CABE @ Otay Ranch High School
- Sunday, 11/6 – Daylight Savings Time ends – Turn clocks back 1 hour
- Tuesday, 11/8 3:00 SSC Meeting
- Wednesday, 11/9 6:00 CVESD Board Meeting
- Thursday, 11/10 8:15 Coffee with the Principal & ELAC Meeting
- Friday, 11/11 NO SCHOOL – VETERANS DAY
- Tuesday, 11/15 12:00 DAC/DELAC @ ESSC
- Thursday, 11/17 6:00 B-LAC
- Friday, 11/18 8:15 PTO Meeting
- Saturday, 11/19 8:30-1:00 Saturday Scholars
- Monday, 11/21-Friday, 11/25 NO SCHOOL – THANKSGIVING BREAK
- Click Here for the 2022-2023 Calendar
Week #12 TK-6th grade attendance average: 93.9% (Goal is 98% or higher)
Top Classes with Highest Attendance in Week #12 (10/17-10/21):
- 98.7% Room 304 Mrs. Kolbe 1st grade
- 98.1% Room 302 Mrs. DeAnda 1st grade
- 97.4% Room 201 Ms. Hayes 3rd grade
- 97.3% Room 204 Ms. Sadler 2nd grade
- 97.3% Room 601 Mr. Lopez Kinder
Our school’s average daily attendance is 92.1% so far this year. Our goal is 98%.
Important Attendance Reminders
Students need to be at school every day and on time. Please make sure your child is here by 7:55 a.m. and lined up on the blacktop (1st-6th grade) or by the classroom (TK-kinder). Let’s improve our attendance! If your child must be out sick, please contact the office at 619-420-3940 or email@example.com to excuse the absence. Remember to bring a doctor’s note. Vacations, dentist, and doctor visits should be scheduled during our breaks whenever possible. If your child misses school, they are missing out on important learning! Our school staff will be meeting with parents/guardians, calling home, and doing home visits for students who are chronically absent.
Congratulation to our Wildcat Students of the Week #12!
|Kinder: Isabella G, Soleil, Amaris, Carlos, Pablo, Janiyah|
|1st: Rachel, Jayden, Breeza, Kaylie, Lia, Saul|
|2nd: Nadeema, Hershaim, Nikol, Efrain, Melissa|
|3rd: Leanna, Zadie, Santiago, Maleah, Edward, Isabella, Benjamin|
|4th: Maximus, Anthony, Landen, Yahir|
|5th: Sebastian M, Daniel, Celinda, Elizabeth, Leah|
|6th: Luis D, Gaby, Lyla|
Loma Verde Costume Parade – Monday, 10/31
Loma Verde’s Costume Parade is Monday, Oct. 31. Students may wear a costume to school. Please observe these guidelines when choosing a costume:
- Faces must not be covered up.
- Costumes are to be tasteful and appropriate for elementary school. Our youngest students are 3 years old. Nothing scary, please. No references to shows or games that are not appropriate for young children.
- Blood, guts and/or gore are not allowed.
- Fake guns, swords, knives or anything resembling a weapon is not allowed.
- If you are not sure if it is appropriate, ask your teacher.
- Costumes must not require parent or adult assistance.
- Students participating in the parade should arrive at school in their costumes and remain in costume all day.
- Students not participating will be supervised in the library.
- Click here to access our 22-23 School Handbook
- Students must have a Cell Phone Waiver on File before bringing cell phones onto campus. Click on LV Cell Phone Waiver 22-23 to access the file.
- Please screen your child for Covid-19 symptoms each day before school.
- If your child has any pre-existing conditions, including those with Covid-like symptoms (e.g. allergies, asthma), please provide documentation from the doctor so that we can have it on file. This will help prevent your child from being sent home if they have symptoms of a chronic condition.
- Please send a water bottle with your child. Water bottles can be filled at the classroom sink or outside drinking fountains.
- Do not send sports drinks or soda to school with your child.
- Label lunch boxes, water bottles, and sweaters with your child’s name.
- No toys, trading cards, fidgits, or sports equipment from home are allowed at school.
Free COVID Testing
Families may come to the school office, Monday- Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to receive a free antigen test. The testing is not required. Please report any positive cases to our school office at (619) 420-3940 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weekly, voluntary COVID-19 testing will continue on our school campus via Campus Clinic each week. Parents and legal guardians must opt-in to the program and no child will be tested without proper consent. If families would like to watch a video on the registration process, they can visit: https://campusclinic.org/how-to/ .
For this free testing support, please email: email@example.com.
For community testing at the kiosks, individuals will need to register on-site. You only need to register one time for a test through the kiosk.
DONATION NEEDED for cases of water for our classrooms. If you are able to donate a case of water please drop it off at the school office between 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Thank you!
LOST AND FOUND
Please note that the lost and found rack will be at the front of the school. Remember to use a permanent marker to put your child’s name on jackets, sweaters, lunch bags, and water bottles.
Breakfast & Lunch Menu
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PHONE: 619-420-3940
- Loma Verde CVESD Website: https://lomaverde.cvesd.org/
- Principal Mrs. Bree Watson email@example.com
Our school/District utilizes the SchoolMessenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more. You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. Click here for more information.
FOLLOW UP ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
- Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
- Loma Verde Instagram – lomaverdewildcats Install the app to follow our photos and videos. https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=1ip9wfy7lwpmu&utm_content=otsqk0b
- Loma Verde Facebook – Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.