Our Loma Verde Wildcats have been learning what it means to be a Wildcat for the past several weeks. Our 3 Personal Standards help make Loma Verde a wonderful place for our students to learn and grow. Please review the traits with your children. We are always looking for Wildcats that go above and beyond demonstrating the 3 Personal Standards: Show Respect, Mark Good Decisions, and Solve Problems! We look forward to recognizing our Wildcats of the Week on Monday at our Blacktop Character Assembly! Please keep encouraging our Wildcats to be their best selves each day!
Congratulation to our Wildcat Students of the Week #4!
|Kinder: Aliyah, Angela, Dylan, Daniela, Leo, Janiyah|
|1st: Ailani, Jayden, Sophia, Isaac Tristan, Jared|
|2nd: Matix, Victoria, Daniella, Emiliano, Emily, Eros, Ruby|
|3rd: Logan, Aleksander, David H, David G, Ximena, Sophie, Evi|
|4th: Daniel, Alondra, Jayden, Gianna, LeDontez, Tomothy|
|5th: Mason, Jemeryl, Caleb, Jasylnn, Iker|
|6th: Andrea, Arlette, Luis, Ava, Damian|
2022-2023 Family Needs Assessment Survey
Hello families! We sent out a survey on Friday, 8/8 to gather input and information about family and student needs. So far we have 129 responses! We hope to hear from 100% of the families at Loma Verde. Please complete the following survey for each child enrolled at our school. Thank you! Family Needs Assessment Survey
- Monday, 8/15 8:00 1st-6th grade Wildcat Blacktop Assembly (staff and students only)
- Monday, 8/15-Friday, 8/19 9:00-11:00 4th Grade Swimming @ Parkway Athletic Center
- Tuesday, 8/16 SSC Meeting
- Wednesday, 8/17 2:30-4:00 2:30-4:00 Peace Patrol Training
- Thursday, 8/18 2:30-4:00 Peace Patrol Training
- Thursday, 8/18 6:00 pm B-LAC Meeting Zoom
- Friday, 8/19 8:15 AM PTO Meeting
- MONDAY, 8/22-FRIDAY, 8/26 VAPA Week
- Monday, 8/22-Friday, 8/26 9:00-11:00 4th Grade Swimming @ Parkway Athletic Center
- Thursday, 8/25 PICTURE DAY
- Monday, 8/29 Bus Evacuation Drill TK-6th grade
- Wednesday, 8/31 2:30 Kona Ice @ Loma Verde
- 9/1-9/23 CVESD Thought Exchange Open
- Monday, 9/5 NO SCHOOL – Labor Day
- Tuesday, 9/6-Friday, 9/9 VAPA Week
- Tuesday, 9/6 Kids Heart Challenge Kick-Off
- Tuesday, 9/6 3:00 SSC Meeting
- Thursday, 9/8 8:15 PTO Meeting
- Thursday, 9/8 6:00 B-LAC Meeting
- Tuesday, 9/13 12:00-2:00 DAC/DELAC Meeting
- Wednesday, 9/14 8:15 Coffee with the Principal/ELAC Meeting
- Wednesday, 9/14 6:00 CVESD Board Meeting
- Thursday, 9/13-Friday, 9/14 Parent/Teacher Conferences Minimum Day 1:00 Dismissal
- Monday, 9/19-Friday, 9/23 VAPA Week
- Monday, 9/19-Thursday, 9/22 Parent/Teacher Conferences Minimum Day 1:00 Dismissal
- Thursday, 9/22 On A Roll Student Luncheon with Principal
- Friday, 9/23 Kid’s Heart Challenge
- Monday, 9/26-Monday, 10/10 NO SCHOOL Fall Break
- Tuesday, 10/11 Quarter 2 Begins, Students Return – Minimum Day 1:00 Dismissal
- Click Here for the 2022-2023 Calendar
Picture Day is Thursday, August 25
Remember, students need to wear school uniforms for the fall pictures. Spring pictures will be free dress. A flyer will be sent home with your child on Monday, August 22 with prices and details.
PARKING, DROP-OFF, AND PICK-UP
All of us at Loma Verde want to thank our families and community members in advance for their patience and understanding as we try to accommodate the many vehicles that arrive each morning and afternoon at our school. We strongly recommend that families use the drop-off and pick-up areas we have established at school. Drop off students only in the drop-off zone.
- If you must leave your car, park in the parking lot, not the bus loop.
- NO Dogs during arrival and dismissal.
- Please do not park in RESERVED spaces, red curb, or the staff parking lot.
- Students must walk bikes on the sidewalk.
- The drop-off window is between 7:15-7:45 AM for students that are eating breakfast on campus and 7:30-8:00 AM for students that are not having breakfast at school. Students will line up on the blacktop in the morning between 7:30-8:00 AM where they will be supervised by Loma Verde staff. Each class has a designated place to line up. Teachers will pick their classes up on the blacktop at 8:00 AM. Instruction begins at 8:00 every day. Your child will be considered tardy if they are not on campus by 8:00 AM.
- Kinder, TK, SDC preschool, and preschool parents: please follow your teacher’s instructions regarding drop-off.
- Students who are not picked up by 2:45 pm (1:15 pm on minimum days) will be escorted to the office and must sign in. The person picking up the child must come to the office to sign him/her out.
- Parents may come onto campus from 2:30-2:45 PM (1:00-1:15 minimum days) to pick up their child(ren). Please pick up your child outside the classroom and leave campus promptly. Gates will be locked at 2:45 PM and 1:15 PM on minimum days.
- For everyone’s safety BE PATIENT, KIND, and CONSIDERATE.
Dress Code: School Uniforms
Loma Verde students are required to wear school uniforms. Shirts are blue, white or grey and pants/shorts/skirts are navy or black. Spirit t-shirts can be worn any day. Please wear closed-toe shoes daily.
We have a donor that is sponsoring some of our students with free uniforms. If you need assistance with purchasing uniforms for your child, please contact Mrs. Watson at email@example.com or send her a Dojo message.
If you choose to not have your child wear a uniform, please note, the dress code must be followed. The Uniform Exemption Waiver form this year is available in the office.
Gently Used Uniforms Needed
Has your child outgrown their school uniform from last year? The Loma Verde Health Office needs donations of clean uniform clothes to have on hand for children who need to change clothes. If you have any clean children’s uniform shirts, shorts, pants, or skirts that you no longer need, please bring them to the health office. We are also accepting donations of new, packaged underwear for this purpose.
COVID-19 Questions and Information:
- Cases of COVID have been on the rise in our community. If your child has COVID symptoms, please keep them at home and test. This will help to stop the spread.
- Report all positive tests on this positive home test form
- Report all negative test here after EXPOSURE
- Weekly FREE Covid-19 PCR testing is happening every Tuesday at Loma Verde. It’s quick and convenient, and one of our best tools for combatting the virus. You should have received an email from firstname.lastname@example.org to register for testing this school year. If you cannot locate the email, or need help registering your child for weekly testing, please contact email@example.com.
- CVESD follows the Decision Tree for K-12 schools.
- Each US household can order home antigen tests from the federal government through USPS Link: https://special.usps.com/testkits.
- If your child is experiencing any symptoms, please keep them at home and notify the school office at (619) 420-3940.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a test to return guidance. Important: Please include the name of the child, a photo of the test with the date and time, and the name of the school on all email@example.com communications.
- CVESD is NOT collecting negative results unless:
- You/your child is attempting to release early from isolation after a positive test (before day 11)
- Your child has Covid-like symptoms. To return to school they will need to have improving symptoms, be fever free for 24 hours and send firstname.lastname@example.org photo of two negative antigen tests taken twelve hours apart or one negative PCR test.
- The district’s website, www.cvesd.org, is updated daily to reflect COVID testing hours and locations.
- Independent Study Contracts are available for students who have tested positive or who must isolate/quarantine. Contact the office at email@example.com to discuss the contract.
- If your student is going to be absent, please contact our school Health Attendance Specialist Ms. Rosa Jimienez @ 619-420-3940 ext. 370110 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This step is critical as we cannot allow your child to return to class until we know the reason for the absence.
- If your child is going to be absent for a full or partial day due to medical appointment(s) be sure to submit a doctor’s note the following day.
- If your child is going to be tardy due to a medical appointment be sure to have your student submit his/her doctor’s note upon arrival.
- If your child is going to be absent due to a sports tournament, the district requires a note from the organization or a flyer with the student’s name for it to be excused.
- Out-of-town trips or Vacations are NOT excused absences.
- If your student is going to be absent for 5 days or more, please contact our Health Attendance Specialist to discuss if any accommodations can be made.
- Please remember if your child has any of the COVID-19 symptoms, they must stay home. Please be sure to call the office to report the absence.
- Report all positive tests on this positive home test form
Complete Residency Verification NOW
REMINDER: Residency Verification needs to be completed ASAP. You should have received a “Snap Code” via email for each of your children that attend Loma Verde. If you have not completed this or did not receive the email, contact the school office between 7:30 am to 4:00 pm, call the office at 619-420-3940 or email email@example.com for assistance.
- Click here to access our 22-23 School Handbook
- EVERY MINUTE COUNTS! School starts at 8:00 a.m.
- Students must have a Cell Phone Waiver on File before bringing cell phones onto campus. Click on LV Cell Phone Waiver 22-23 to access the file.
- Students need to be on the blacktop at this time and teachers will walk them to class.
- We ask all parents to exit promptly so that we can lock the gate after the bell.
- Please screen your child for Covid-19 symptoms each day before school.
- If your child has any pre-existing conditions, including those with Covid-like symptoms (e.g. allergies, asthma), please provide documentation from the doctor so that we can have it on file. This will help prevent your child from being sent home if they have symptoms of a chronic condition.
- Please send a water bottle with your child. Water bottles can be filled at the classroom sink or outside drinking fountains.
- Do not send sports drinks or soda to school with your child.
- Label lunch boxes, water bottles, and sweaters with your child’s name!
We Need You!
Please return the Parent Involvement Form that was sent home on Friday 8/8. We need parents to volunteer with our SSC, ELAC, PTO, and more. Click here to access the form that was sent home and return it to the office or your child’s teacher as soon as possible. Thank you!
We are actively looking for multiple ways to reconnect with families. One of the ways you can support your child and our school is to nominate yourself to be on our School Site Council. We meet once a month, on a Tuesday, from 3-4:30 pm. SSC helps make decisions on school safety and how to spend our funds. We would love to have you! The deadline has been extended! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Join our PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) Group!
We need your help to make this year fantastic! Please join our PTO group to help out at school events. We are also looking for parents to join with membership dues of $5 per student or $10 per family. Click on the file link below to access the form. Forms and money can be turned into the office. Membership dues help to fund field trips, school events, classroom supplies, guest speakers, assemblies, and much more! All the money collected is spent on OUR LOMA VERDE STUDENTS! Thank you! LVMembershipDrive 22-23
DONATION NEEDED for cases of water for our classrooms. If you are able to donate a case of water please drop it off at the school office between 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Thank you!
LOST AND FOUND
Please note that the lost and found rack will be at the front of the school. Remember to use a permanent marker to put your child’s name on jackets, sweaters, lunch bags, and water bottles.
Breakfast & Lunch Menu
- EMAIL: email@example.com
- PHONE: 619-420-3940
- Loma Verde CVESD Website: https://lomaverde.cvesd.org/
- Principal Mrs. Bree Watson firstname.lastname@example.org
Our school/District utilizes the SchoolMessenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more. You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. Click here for more information.
FOLLOW UP ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
- Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
- Loma Verde Instagram – lomaverdewildcats Install the app to follow our photos and videos. https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=1ip9wfy7lwpmu&utm_content=otsqk0b
- Loma Verde Facebook – Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.