2022-2023 Family Needs Assessment Survey
Hello families! We sent out a survey on Friday, 8/8 to gather input and information about family and student needs. So far we have 84 responses! We hope to hear from 100% of the families at Loma Verde. Please complete the following survey for each child enrolled at our school. Thank you!
- MONDAY, 8/8-FRIDAY, 8/12 VAPA Week
- Monday, 8/8 8:00 1st-6th grade Wildcat Blacktop Assembly (staff and students only)
- Wednesday, 8/9 3:00 AM
SSC MeetingPostponed to 8/16
- Wednesday, 8/10 8:15 AM Coffee with the Principal & ELAC Meeting
- Wednesday, 8/10 6:00 PM CVESD Board Meeting
- Friday, 8/12 Loma Verde Spirit Shirt Day!
- Monday, 8/15-Friday 8/19 9:00-11:00 AM 4th grade Swim Lessons @ Parkview Pool
- Tuesday, 8/16 SSC Meeting
- Friday, 8/19 8:15 AM PTO Meeting
- MONDAY, 8/22-FRIDAY, 8/22 VAPA Week
- Thursday, 8/25 PICTURE DAY
- Monday, 8/29 Bus Evacuation Drill TK-6th grade
- 9/1-9/23 CVESD Thought Exchange Open
- Monday, 9/5 NO SCHOOL – Labor Day
- Tuesday, 9/6-Friday, 9/9 VAPA Week
- Tuesday, 9/6 Kids Heart Challenge Kick-Off
- Tuesday, 9/6 3:00 SSC Meeting
- Thursday, 9/8 8:15 PTO Meeting
- Thursday, 9/8 6:00 B-LAC Meeting
- Tuesday, 9/13 12:00-2:00 DAC/DELAC Meeting
- Wednesday, 9/14 8:15 Coffee with the Principal/ELAC Meeting
- Wednesday, 9/14 6:00 CVESD Board Meeting
- Thursday, 9/13-Friday, 9/14 Parent/Teacher Conferences Minimum Day 1:00 Dismissal
- Monday, 9/19-Friday, 9/23 VAPA Week
- Monday, 9/19-Thursday, 9/22 Parent/Teacher Conferences Minimum Day 1:00 Dismissal
- Thursday, 9/22 On A Roll Student Luncheon with Principal
- Friday, 9/23 Kid’s Heart Challenge
- Monday, 9/26-Monday, 10/10 NO SCHOOL Fall Break
- Tuesday, 10/11 Quarter 2 Begins, Students Return – Minimum Day 1:00 Dismissal
- Click Here for the 2022-2023 Calendar
- Click here to access our 22-23 School Handbook
- EVERY MINUTE COUNTS! School starts at 8:00 a.m.
- Students must have a Cell Phone Waiver on File before bringing cell phones onto campus. Click on LV Cell Phone Waiver 22-23 to access the file.
- Students need to be on the blacktop at this time and teachers will walk them to class.
- We ask all parents to exit promptly so that we can lock the gate after the bell.
- Please screen your child for Covid-19 symptoms each day before school.
- If your child has any pre-existing conditions, including those with Covid-like symptoms (e.g. allergies, asthma), please provide documentation from the doctor so that we can have it on file. This will help prevent your child from being sent home if they have symptoms of a chronic condition.
- Please send a water bottle with your child. Water bottles can be filled at the classroom sink or outside drinking fountains.
- Do not send sports drinks or soda to school with your child.
- Label lunch boxes, water bottles, and sweaters with your child’s name!
PARKING, DROP-OFF, AND PICK-UP
All of us at Loma Verde want to thank our families and community members in advance for their patience and understanding as we try to accommodate the many vehicles that arrive each morning and afternoon at our school. We strongly recommend that families use the drop-off and pick-up areas we have established at school. Drop off students only in the drop-off zone.
- If you must leave your car, park in the parking lot, not the bus loop.
- NO Dogs during arrival and dismissal.
- Please do not park in RESERVED spaces or the staff parking lot.
- Students must walk bikes on the sidewalk.
- The drop-off window is between 7:15-7:45 AM for students that are eating breakfast on campus and 7:30-8:00 AM for students that are not having breakfast at school. Students will line up on the blacktop in the morning between 7:30-8:00 AM where they will be supervised by Loma Verde staff. Each class has a designated place to line up. Teachers will pick their classes up on the blacktop at 8:00 AM. Instruction begins at 8:00 every day. Your child will be considered tardy if they are not on campus by 8:00 AM.
- Kinder, TK, SDC preschool, and preschool parents: please follow your teacher’s instructions regarding drop-off.
- Students who are not picked up by 2:45 pm (1:15 pm on minimum days) will be escorted to the office and must sign in. The person picking up the child must come to the office to sign him/her out.
- Parents may come onto campus from 2:30-2:45 PM (1:00-1:15 minimum days) to pick up their child(ren). Please pick up your child outside the classroom and leave campus promptly. Gates will be locked at 2:45 PM and 1:15 PM on minimum days.
- For everyone’s safety BE PATIENT, KIND, and CONSIDERATE.
We Need You!
Please return the Parent Involvement Form that was sent home on Friday 8/8. We need parents to volunteer with our SSC, ELAC, PTO, and more. Click here to access the form that was sent home and return it to the office or your child’s teacher by Wednesday, 8/10. Thank you!
Join our PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) Group!
We need your help to make this year fantastic! Please join our PTO group to help out at school events. We are also looking for parents to join with membership dues of $5 per student or $10 per family. Click on the file link below to access the form. Forms and money can be turned into the office. Membership dues help to fund field trips, school events, classroom supplies, guest speakers, assemblies, and much more! All the money collected is spent on OUR LOMA VERDE STUDENTS! Thank you! LVMembershipDrive 22-23
English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC)/Coffee with the Principal
Please join us on Wednesday, August 10 at 8:15 AM in the auditorium for our English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC)/Coffee with the Principal meeting to discuss student programs/supports, safety, and parent participation at school. Everyone is welcome!
To help classrooms establish new routines and procedures, volunteers will not be permitted until August 1, 2022. Please contact your child’s teacher if you are interested in volunteering at school. The State Public Health Officer Order of August 11, 2021 requires that all K-12 workers, including volunteers and contractors, provide proof of full vaccination (completion of the initial vaccination series) or submit to weekly COVID-19 testing. Volunteers also need proof of a TB within the last 4 years, current ID, and fingerprinting (if planning to volunteer more than 2 days a week).
Loma Verde is looking for substitutes for our noon duty staff from 7:15-8:15, 10:30-12:45, and 2:30-3:15. Please contact Elsa Estrada in the office at email@example.com and click here for more information.
COVID-19 Questions and Information:
- Cases of COVID have been on the rise in our community. If your child has COVID symptoms, please keep them at home and test. This will help to stop the spread.
- Report all positive tests on this positive home test form
- Report all negative test here after EXPOSURE
- Weekly FREE Covid-19 PCR testing is happening every Tuesday at Loma Verde. It’s quick and convenient, and one of our best tools for combatting the virus. You should have received an email from firstname.lastname@example.org to register for testing this school year. If you cannot locate the email, or need help registering your child for weekly testing, please contact email@example.com.
- CVESD follows the Decision Tree for K-12 schools.
- Each US household can order home antigen tests from the federal government through USPS Link: https://special.usps.com/testkits.
- If your child is experiencing any symptoms, please keep them at home and notify the school office at (619) 420-3940.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a test to return guidance. Important: Please include the name of the child, a photo of the test with the date and time, and the name of the school on all email@example.com communications.
- CVESD is NOT collecting negative results unless:
- You/your child is attempting to release early from isolation after a positive test (before day 11)
- Your child has Covid-like symptoms. To return to school they will need to have improving symptoms, be fever free for 24 hours and send firstname.lastname@example.org photo of two negative antigen tests taken twelve hours apart or one negative PCR test.
- The district’s website, www.cvesd.org, is updated daily to reflect COVID testing hours and locations.
- Independent Study Contracts are available for students who have tested positive or who must isolate/quarantine. Contact the office at email@example.com to discuss the contract.
Complete Residency Verification NOW
REMINDER: Residency Verification needs to be completed ASAP. You should have received a “Snap Code” via email for each of your children that attend Loma Verde. If you have not completed this or did not receive the email, contact the school office between 7:30 am to 4:00 pm, call the office at 619-420-3940 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Breakfast & Lunch Menu
- EMAIL: email@example.com
- PHONE: 619-420-3940
- Loma Verde CVESD Website: https://lomaverde.cvesd.org/
- Principal Mrs. Bree Watson firstname.lastname@example.org
Our school/District utilizes the SchoolMessenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more. You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. Click here for more information.
FOLLOW UP ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
- Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
- Loma Verde Instagram – lomaverdewildcats Install the app to follow our photos and videos. https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=1ip9wfy7lwpmu&utm_content=otsqk0b
- Loma Verde Facebook – Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.