Mask Policy Reminder
The Chula Vista Elementary School Board revised the mask policy on August 25th at their Special Board Meeting. The mandate states a properly positioned and correctly fitted mask must be worn at all campuses, including District offices, at all times, regardless of vaccination status. Adults may only remove masks when actively eating or drinking. Masks must be worn if anyone is around, students or staff, vaccinated or not. This includes parents/guardians who may be walking their students onto campus. Students may remove their masks only to play at recess and to eat, both of which should happen outdoors, weather permitting. Masks are required in hallways while traveling to and from the playground and lunch area.
- 9/15-10/15 National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Monday, 10/11 – Indigenous People’s Day & Columbus Day
- 10/11-10/15 VAPA Week
- Tuesday, 10/12 – 12:00-2:00 DAC/DELAC Meeting online
- Tuesday, 10/12 – 3:00 SSC Meeting (Virtual) LV SSC_Agenda_10-12-21 LV SSC_Minutes_8-24-21
- Tuesday, 10/12 – 6:00 – 8:00 PM Parent Leadership Series Module 3: How to Make Roberts’ Rules Work for You
- Wednesday, 10/13 – 2:30-4:00 PM Math 24 Club
- Wednesday, 10/13 – 6:00 PM CVESD Budget Advisory Committee (BAC)
- Thursday, 10/14 8:15 Coffee with the Principal & ELAC Meeting
- Wednesday, 10/20 3:00 PTO Meeting
- Thursday, 10/21 Great California Shake Out -Earthquake Drill
- Monday, 10/25-Friday 10/29 Red Ribbon Week
- Tuesday, 10/26 6:00-8:00 PM Parent Leadership Series: How to Be a “Super” Communicator and Problem Solver
- Friday, 10/29 Halloween/Character Parade (NEW DATE)
- Friday, 10/29
- Tuesday, 11/9 3:00 SSC Meeting
- Wednesday, 11/10 8:15 AM Coffee with the Principal & ELAC Meeting
- Wednesday, 11/10 6:00 PM CVESD Budget Advisory Committee (BAC)
- Thursday, 11/11 NO SCHOOL Veteran’s Day Holiday
- Tuesday, 11/16 – 12:00-2:00 DAC/DELAC Meeting
- Wednesday, 11/17 – 3:00 PTO Meeting
- Wednesday, 11/17 6:00 PM CVESD Board Meeting
- 11/22/-11/26 Thanksgiving Break NO SCHOOL
Health and Well-being Reminder: Please check your child’s well-being before sending them to school. Students with symptoms that are COVID like will be sent home. Remember to wear a mask while on District property at all times.
Loma Verde Recreation Center Renovation
The Loma Verde Recreation Center will be undergoing a 20 million dollar renovation project beginning September 13, 2021. Part of the parking lot will be fenced off for construction. Please follow the signs and cones and allow extra time for arrival and dismissal. Thank you!
Traffic Safety Reminders:
- Please drive slowly for everyone’s safety!
- Please do not park in the the Pickup and Drop-off Zones!
- Please do not call for your child to cross through the parking lot!
- Please use sidewalks & crosswalks whenever possible!
- Follow the new signs for the drop-off loop due to the Loma Verde Rec Center construction.
- Thank you for your cooperation in keeping our children safe!
RED RIBBON WEEK
Mark your calendars now for Loma Verde’s Red Ribbon Week. The week, October 25-29, will begin with an all school assembly and include Spirit Days and many other activities throughout the week. The theme this year is “Drug Free Looks Like Me.TM” More information will be available soon.
Loma Verde Costume Parade – Friday, 10/29 (Date Change)
Loma Verde’s Costume Parade is Friday, Oct. 29. Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 regulations, no visitors are allowed this year. Students may wear a costume to school. Please observe these guidelines when choosing a costume:
- Faces must not be covered up.
- Costumes are to be tasteful and appropriate for elementary school. Our youngest students are 3 years old. Nothing scary, please. No references to shows or games that are not appropriate for young children.
- Blood, guts and/or gore are not allowed.
- Fake guns, swords, knives or anything resembling a weapon is not allowed.
- If you are not sure if it is appropriate, ask your teacher.
- Costumes must not require parent or adult assistance.
- Students participating in the parade should arrive to school in their costume and remain in costume all day.
- Students not participating will be supervised in the library.
Please be sure to click on each link to view protocols followed when considered a close contact.
COVID Testing in Chula Vista
Chula Vista Elementary School District is offering free testing at the Education Services and Support Center at 84 East J Street, Chula Vista 91910:
- Monday – Thursday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Friday 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
El Distrito de Escuelas Primarias de Chula Vista está ofreciendo pruebas gratuitas en las Oficinas Centrales, 84 East J Street Chula Vista CA 91910:
- Lunes a jueves 8:00 AM a 4:00 PM
- Viernes 11:00 AM a 3:00 PM
What type of COVID test do I need???
CLICK HERE for information regarding what type of COVID test you are your child may need.
Join our PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) Group!
We need your help to make this year fantastic! Please join our PTO group to help out at school event. We are also looking for parents to join with membership dues of $5 per student or $10 per family. Click on the file link below to access the form. Forms and money can be turned into the office. Membership dues help to fund field trips, school events, classroom supplies, guest speakers, and much more! All the money collected is spent on OUR LOMA VERDE STUDENTS! Thank you! lvmembershipdrive-21-22DOWNLOAD.
Parent Leadership in CVESD
The Chula Vista Elementary School District invites you to their next session in the Parent Leadership Series, “How to Have Effective, Efficient Meetings”, which takes place virtually on Sept. 14 from 6 pm to 8 pm. See the flyer below:parent-leadership-module-2-v2Download
VISITORS AND VOLUNTEERS
- Volunteers must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, TB test results, and fingerprint clearance.
- Before the teacher can approve you to volunteer, you must also view LV Visitor and Volunteer VolunteerPowerPoint2021 and and complete THIS FORM.
- Only one volunteer allowed in the classroom at a time.
- Volunteers must stay masked while on campus.
- Volunteers must also complete a LV-volunteer-disaster-information. and submit it to the office. You can also request a paper copy from the office.
- Please do not come on campus if you are not feeling well.
- Once these guidelines have been met, the teachers will provide the office with a list of approved volunteers.
DONATION NEEDED for cases of water for our classrooms. If you are able to donate a case of water please drop it off at the school office between 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Thank you!
LOST AND FOUND
Please note that the lost and found table will be at the front of the school. Remember to use a permanent marker to put your child’s name on jackets, sweaters, lunch bags, and water bottles.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-420-3940.
Get District and School Notifications 2019-20 SMS Text Opt-in Eng Sp combined
Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.