“Achieving Excellence for ALL – Juntos Alcanzando Excelencia”
We want to welcome back all our students and families to the 2021 Fall Quarter. The Fall Quarter is always very busy with many activities, so we encourage all our families and students to check our blog frequently.
School begins on Tuesday, October 5. Please remember that it will be a full day of learning for all students. Kindergarten – 6th grade students begin promptly at 8:00 a.m. and will be dismissed at 2:30 p.m. We look forward to seeing all our Wildcats on Tuesday!
Picture Make-Up Day is Thursday, Oct. 7. Please wear your school uniform.
- 9/15-10/15 National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Monday, 10/4 – NO SCHOOL – Teacher Prep Day
- Tuesday,10/5 – Quarter 2 begins (full day for students)
- Tuesday, 10/5 – 5:00-6:30 PM Superintendent Search Virtual Town Hall #1 Open to Community. Please click link to access: English Spanish
- Wednesday, 10/6 – 2:30-4:00 PM Math 24 Club
- Wednesday, 10/6 – 6:00 PM CVESD Board Meeting
- Thursday, 10/7 – Make-Up Picture Day
- Friday, 10/8 – 5:00-6:30 PM Superintendent Search Virtual Town Hall #2 Open to community. Please click link to access: English Spanish
- Monday, 10/11 – Indigenous People’s Day
- 10/11-10/15 VAPA Week
- Tuesday, 10/12 – 12:00-2:00 DAC/DELAC Meeting online
- Tuesday, 10/12 – 3:00 SSC Meeting (Virtual)
- Tuesday, 10/12 – 6:00 – 8:00 PM Parent Leadership Series Module 3: How to Make Roberts’ Rules Work for You
- Wednesday, 10/13 – 6:00 PM CVESD Budget Advisory Committee (BAC)
- Thursday, 10/14 8:15 Coffee with the Principal & ELAC Meeting
- Wednesday, 10/20 3:00 PTO Meeting
- Thursday, 10/21 Great California Shake Out -Earthquake Drill
- Monday, 10/25-Friday 10/29 Red Ribbon Week
- Tuesday, 10/26 6:00-8:00 PM Parent Leadership Series: How to Be a “Super” Communicator and Problem Solver
- Thursday, 10/28 Halloween/Character Parade
- Friday, 10/29
- Tuesday, 11/9 3:00 SSC Meeting
- Wednesday, 11/10 8:15 AM Coffee with the Principal & ELAC Meeting
- Wednesday, 11/10 6:00 PM CVESD Budget Advisory Committee (BAC)
- Thursday, 11/11 NO SCHOOL Veteran’s Day Holiday
- Tuesday, 11/16 – 12:00-2:00 DAC/DELAC Meeting
- Wednesday, 11/17 – 3:00 PTO Meeting
- Wednesday, 11/17 6:00 PM CVESD Board Meeting
- 11/22/-11/26 Thanksgiving Break NO SCHOOL
Health and Well-being Reminder: Please check your child’s well-being before sending them to school. Students with symptoms that are COVID like will be sent home. Remember to wear a mask while on District property at all times.
Loma Verde Recreation Center Renovation
The Loma Verde Recreation Center will be undergoing a 20 million dollar renovation project beginning September 13, 2021. Part of the parking lot will be fenced off for construction. Please follow the signs and cones and allow extra time for arrival and dismissal. Thank you!
Traffic Safety Reminders:
- Please drive slowly for everyone’s safety!
- Please do not park in the the Pickup and Drop-off Zones!
- Please do not call for your child to cross through the parking lot!
- Please use sidewalks & crosswalks whenever possible!
- Follow the new signs for the drop-off loop due to the Loma Verde Rec Center construction.
- Thank you for your cooperation in keeping our children safe!
CVESD DISTRICT NEWS: Superintendent Search Virtual Town Hall
The Chula Vista Elementary School District is hosting two Superintendent Search Virtual Town Hall Meetings on Tuesday, October 5, 2021, from 5 – 6:30 p.m. and Friday, October 8, 2021 from 5:00-6:30 PM. These meetings are open to the community. See the links below to access the virtual meetings in English or Spanish.
Solar Energy Project at Loma Verde
Our district is enhancing each site with Solar Energy. The Loma Verde Elementary project began over fall break. A large fence has been put up behind the play structure. Students will need to stay away from the fence while the project is taking place. We expect it to be done by the end of 2021.
THANK YOU for Participating in the Kids Heart Challenge!
Our school was part of the Kids Heart Challenge on Friday, September 17th. What a fantastic event! Thank you to all the staff that helped before and during the event to make this day possible for our students. A big thank you to Coach G for organizing the event and a shout out to our amazing 6th graders! We have received so many compliments on how well they coached each station and helped our TK-5th graders! As a campus we raised $4,246 for the American Heart Association. Thank you! Our school also earned PE/Recess equipment! What a fun-filled event and Slime Assembly to recognize those that raised $25 or more.
RED RIBBON WEEK
Mark your calendars now for Loma Verde’s Red Ribbon Week. The week, October 25-29, will begin with an all school assembly and include Spirit Days and many other activities throughout the week. The theme this year is “Drug Free Looks Like Me.TM” More information will be available soon.
REMINDER: Do Not Bring Toys, Gadgets, Electronics Devices to School
Students should not bring toys, unnecessary gadgets, or electronics to school unless approved by the classroom teacher. Please leave all toys, fidgets, pop-its, and other items at home. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please be sure to click on each link to view protocols followed when considered a close contact.
COVID Testing in Chula Vista
Chula Vista Elementary School District is offering free testing at the Education Services and Support Center at 84 East J Street, Chula Vista 91910:
- Monday – Thursday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Friday 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
El Distrito de Escuelas Primarias de Chula Vista está ofreciendo pruebas gratuitas en las Oficinas Centrales, 84 East J Street Chula Vista CA 91910:
- Lunes a jueves 8:00 AM a 4:00 PM
- Viernes 11:00 AM a 3:00 PM
What type of COVID test do I need???
CLICK HERE for information regarding what type of COVID test you are your child may need.
Join our PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) Group!
We need your help to make this year fantastic! Please join our PTO group to help out at school event. We are also looking for parents to join with membership dues of $5 per student or $10 per family. Click on the file link below to access the form. Forms and money can be turned into the office. Membership dues help to fund field trips, school events, classroom supplies, guest speakers, and much more! All the money collected is spent on OUR LOMA VERDE STUDENTS! Thank you! lvmembershipdrive-21-22DOWNLOAD.
Parent Leadership in CVESD
The Chula Vista Elementary School District invites you to their next session in the Parent Leadership Series, “How to Have Effective, Efficient Meetings”, which takes place virtually on Sept. 14 from 6 pm to 8 pm. See the flyer below:parent-leadership-module-2-v2Download
VISITORS AND VOLUNTEERS ~ UPDATED
- Volunteers must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, TB test results, and fingerprint clearance.
- Before the teacher can approve you to volunteer, you must also view LV Visitor and Volunteer VolunteerPowerPoint2021 and and complete THIS FORM.
- Only one volunteer allowed in the classroom at a time.
- Volunteers must stay masked while on campus.
- Volunteers must also complete a LV-volunteer-disaster-information. and submit it to the office. You can also request a paper copy from the office.
- Please do not come on campus if you are not feeling well.
- Once these guidelines have been met, the teachers will provide the office with a list of approved volunteers.
DONATION NEEDED for cases of water for our classrooms. If you are able to donate a case of water please drop it off at the school office between 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Thank you!
LOST AND FOUND
Please note that the lost and found table will be at the front of the school. Remember to use a permanent marker to put your child’s name on jackets, sweaters, lunch bags, and water bottles.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-420-3940.
Get District and School Notifications 2019-20 SMS Text Opt-in Eng Sp combined
Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.