Hello Loma Verde Families!
Our goal is to inform families of school events and provide important announcements for the upcoming weeks. Please sign up to follow this blog with your email. The weekly blog will be sent out at the beginning of each week through CVESD School Messenger, ClassDojo, and Loma Verde’s Facebook page. Thank you for reading the weekly blog.
Complete 21-22 Residency Verification
EVERY YEAR all families must prove Residency to have their child enrolled in school.
Residency verification takes place online this year. All students in any school in the Chula Vista Elementary School District for the 2021/22 school year are required to show proof of residency at their school of attendance. If you have moved out of our area, and would like to continue at Loma Verde Elementary, you must contact the office to receive a Zone Transfer document. You received an email that will contain a unique “Snap Code” for each of your children enrolled at Loma Verde and a link to the website where you will be able to update information for your child and upload your residency for the 21/22 school year. You will only receive and email if you have a valid email on file at Loma Verde. If your email has recently changed, or if you do not receive emails from the district, please call the office to update your information: 619-420-3940. Please make sure to check your emails so that you may complete this promptly. If you have not received your email please contact the school office.
Loma Verde Recreation Center Renovation
The Loma Verde Recreation Center will be undergoing a 20 million dollar renovation project beginning September 13, 2021. Part of the parking lot will be fenced off for construction. Please follow the signs and cones and allow extra time for arrival and dismissal. Thank you!
Sign Up for The Kids Heart Challenge!
Our school is part of the Kids Heart Challenge with the American Heart Association. Meet our Heart Heroes this year that will help us fight heart disease and help others! You can register online today! Visit www.heart.org/kidsheartchallenge and search Loma Verde Elementary to join our team and receive the FREE Heart Hero Wristband! Don’t forget to download the FREE APP called Kids Heart Challenge for iPhone and Android to bring your heart heroes to life, post to social media, and raise donations on the go. Thank you for helping our school and the American Heart Association save lives! Our Kids Heart Challenge event is September 17.
REMINDER: Do Not Bring Toys, Gadgets, Electronics Devices to School
Students should not bring toys, unnecessary gadgets, or electronics to school unless approved by the classroom teacher. Please leave all toys, fidgets, pop-its, and other items at home. Thank you for your cooperation.
Mask Policy Update
The Chula Vista Elementary School Board revised the mask policy on August 25th at their Special Board Meeting. The mandate states a properly positioned and correctly fitted mask must be worn at all campuses, including District offices, at all times, regardless of vaccination status. Adults may only remove masks when actively eating or drinking. Masks must be worn if anyone is around, students or staff, vaccinated or not. This includes parents/guardians who may be walking their students onto campus. Students may remove their masks only to play at recess and to eat, both of which should happen outdoors, weather permitting. Masks are required in hallways while traveling to and from the playground and lunch area.
CVESD Fall Break – No School
September 9/20-10/4, 2021
- Monday, 9/13-Thursday, 9/16 – Parent/Teacher Conferences (minimum days, 1:00 dismissal all week)
- Monday, 9/13 – Friday, 9/17 – VAPA Week #4
- Tuesday, 9/14 – 3:00 PM SSC Meeting
- Tuesday, 9/14 – 6:00-8:00 PM CVESD Virtual Parent Meeting “How to Have an Effective Meeting”
- Wednesday, 9/15 – 6:00 PM CVESD Board Meeting
- Wednesday, 9/15-10/15 National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Friday, 9/17 – Kid’s Heart Challenge School-wide Event
- Friday, 9/17 – Last Day of 1st Quarter
- Friday, 9/17 – Spirit Day! Wear your favorite sports team shirt
- Monday, 9/20 – 10/4 – NO SCHOOL – Fall Break
- Tuesday,10/5 – Quarter 2 begins (full day for students)
- Monday, 10/11 – Indigenous People’s Day
- Tuesday, 10/12 – 12:00-2:00 DAC/DELAC Meeting online
- Wednesday, 10/13 – 6:00 PM CVESD Budget Advisory Committee (BAC)
Parent Teacher Conferences
Parent-Teacher Conferences continue this week. Please mark your calendars and plan for our modified schedule. Conferences began Thursday, September 9 and end Thursday, September 16. Remember, during the conference period, kindergarten through 6th-grade students are dismissed at 1:00 p.m. Conference information will be sent home by your child’s teacher. They will be either virtual or in-person. Please know that our teachers will make every effort to meet with any legal guardian or parent that has educational rights for a child and that you may also request a follow up meeting if you have further questions or concerns. Please contact the school office at (619) 420-3940 with questions or reach out to your child’s teacher directly.
We want to share a few important reminders:
You may have many questions regarding current school procedures.
- Please view the Loma Verde Parent-Student-Handbook for important information about our school
- Click on the CVESD Safe Return to School Parent Playbook & CVESD Safe Return to school Parent Playbook-SPANISH for current COVID-19 Safety Information.
- Click on the CVESD website for more information on the safe reopening of school.
- All staff, students, parents, and visitors must will a wear masks while on campus. Teach your child to place their mask either under chin, on wrist, or in pocket when not in use. If you choose to use a mask lanyard, please ensure that it has a breakaway feature for safety. Please note that scarves and gaiters are not a substitute for masks.
- Students may take off masks while eating and drinking, during PE, and recess. Adults may only take off their make while actively eating or drinking.
- Please screen your child for Covid-19 symptoms each day before school.
- If your child has any pre-existing conditions, including those with Covid-like symptoms (e.g. allergies, asthma), please provide documentation from the doctor so that we can have it on file. This will help prevent your child from being sent home if they have symptoms from a chronic condition. Contact our nurse, Linda Kucinski, for questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Children are reminded frequently to wash their hands at school for at least 20 seconds using soap and water. We also have hand sanitizer in each room and in the lunch arbor for students to use.
- Please send a water bottle with your child. Water bottles can be filled at the classroom sink. Drinking fountains are now open on the blacktop by the 300 and 400 buildings.
- Label lunch boxes, water bottles, and sweaters with your child’s name.
- If your student is going to be absent, please contact our school Health Attendance Specialist Mrs. Ivonne Jimenez @ 619-420-3940 ext. 370110 or via email: email@example.com. This step is critical as we cannot allow your child to return to class until we know the reason for the absence.
- If your child is going to be absent for a full or partial day due to medical appointment(s) be sure to submit a doctor’s note the following day.
- If your child is going to be tardy due to a medical appointment be sure to have your student submit his/her doctor’s note upon arrival.
- If your child is going to be absent due to a sport tournament, the district requires a note from the organization or flyer with the student’s name for it to be excused.
- Out of town trips or Vacations are NOT excused absences.
- If your student is going to be absent for 5 days or more, please contact our Health Attendance Specialist to discuss if any accommodations can be made.
- Please remember if your child has any of the COVID-19 symptoms, they must stay home. Please be sure to call the office to report the absence.
Please be sure to click on each link to view protocols followed when considered a close contact.
COVID Testing in Chula Vista
Chula Vista Elementary School District is offering free testing at the Education Services and Support Center at 84 East J Street, Chula Vista 91910:
- Monday – Thursday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Friday 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
El Distrito de Escuelas Primarias de Chula Vista está ofreciendo pruebas gratuitas en las Oficinas Centrales, 84 East J Street Chula Vista CA 91910:
- Lunes a jueves 8:00 AM a 4:00 PM
- Viernes 11:00 AM a 3:00 PM
What type of COVID test do I need???
CLICK HERE for information regarding what type of COVID test you are your child may need.
Join our PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) Group!
We need your help to make this year fantastic! Please join our PTO group to help out at school event. We are also looking for parents to join with membership dues of $5 per student or $10 per family. Click on the file link below to access the form. Forms and money can be turned into the office. Membership dues help to fund field trips, school events, classroom supplies, guest speakers, and much more! All the money collected is spent on OUR LOMA VERDE STUDENTS! Thank you! lvmembershipdrive-21-22DOWNLOAD.
Parent Leadership in CVESD
The Chula Vista Elementary School District invites you to their next session in the Parent Leadership Series, “How to Have Effective, Efficient Meetings”, which takes place virtually on Sept. 14 from 6 pm to 8 pm. See the flyer below:parent-leadership-module-2-v2Download
VISITORS AND VOLUNTEERS ~ UPDATED
- Volunteers must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, TB test results, and fingerprint clearance.
- Before the teacher can approve you to volunteer, you must also view LV Visitor and Volunteer VolunteerPowerPoint2021 and and complete THIS FORM.
- Only one volunteer allowed in the classroom at a time.
- Volunteers must stay masked while on campus.
- Volunteers must also complete a LV-volunteer-disaster-information. and submit it to the office. You can also request a paper copy from the office.
- Please do not come on campus if you are not feeling well.
Once these guidelines have been met, the teachers will provide the office with a list of approved volunteers.
DONATION NEEDED for cases of water for our classrooms. If you are able to donate a case of water please drop it off at the school office between 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Thank you!
LOST AND FOUND
Please note that the lost and found table will be at the front of the school. Remember to use a permanent marker to put your child’s name on jackets, sweaters, lunch bags, and water bottles.
Returning Computers, Library Books, & WiFi Hot Spots
If you did not yet return a school laptop, computer charger, library book, and wifi hot spot devices that were checked out by families last year, please do so. If your device was damaged while in your family’s possession, you may contact the school office at (619) 420-3940 to set up a payment plan to fix or replace the damaged device.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-420-3940.
Get District and School Notifications 2019-20 SMS Text Opt-in Eng Sp combined
Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.