Welcome to the 2021-22 School Year, Loma Verde families!
Loma Verde staff and I cannot wait to welcome you back for the new school year! The first day of school is Wednesday, July 21, and will be a minimum day. All of our students are welcome back on campus! We are continuing to receive daily updated safety guidelines to ensure that everyone is safe upon our return. Procedures and protocols will be in place beginning the first day. We have improve our campus to prepare for all staff and student to be back in-person at Loma Verde Elementary. All the classrooms have been cleaned, disinfected, and repairs have been made. It is going to be a great school year with amazing learning!
Back to School Packet Pick up
Monday, July 19 – Packet Pick-up from 3:00 – 5:00 pm. Come find out who your child’s teacher is, receive your back to school packet, sign up for clubs, and find out about community resources. Reminder: Everyone must wear a mask. Please note that if you have not completed Residency Verification then your child will not be assigned to a classroom.
- Find out who is your child’s teacher and room number
- Receive important school information
- Buy new Loma Verde spirit wear
- Sign up for PTO
- Learn more about our after school clubs
- Learn about our English Language Advisory Committee Association
- Sign up for parenting classes
The first day of school is Wednesday, July 21 at 8:00 a.m., and is a minimum day with 1:00 dismissal. Students report directly to their classroom on the first day and to their classroom line on blacktop beginning the second day. Preschool through kindergarten parents may walk their child to class on the first day and leave campus immediately following dropping off your child.
You may have many questions regarding procedures when we come back. Please view the Loma Verde Parent-Student-Handbook for important information about our school and the CVESD Safe Return to School Parent Playbook for current Covid-19 Safety Information. There is also more information on the safe reopening of school on the CVESD website.
- All staff and students will wear masks while indoors
- Students may take off masks during lunch and recess
- Students may take off masks during outside instruction or activities
- As of now, parent volunteers are not allowed on campus
- YMCA STRETCH before and after school program has no more space available, but you may apply for the wait-list. Click here for the application.
- Please screen your child for Covid-19 symptoms each day before school.
- Students and staff are required to wear masks when indoors and may remove masks outdoors. Teach your child to place their mask either under chin, on wrist, or in pocket when not in use. If you choose to use a mask lanyard, please ensure that it has a breakaway feature for safety.
- If your child has any pre-existing conditions, including those with Covid-like symptoms (e.g. allergies, asthma), please provide documentation from the doctor so that we can have it on file. This will help prevent your child from being sent home if they have symptoms from a chronic condition.
- We are not currently using water fountains. Please send a labeled water bottle with your child.
- Please call or email us with any questions, and we look forward to seeing you soon!
- Follow our blog to receive updates!
Virtual Town Hall with Dr. Escobedo
Click below to access the English Virtual Town Hall meeting video or Spanish Town Hall meeting from Thursday, July 15, 2021.
- Monday, 7/19 3:00-5:00 Back to School Packet Pick-up
- Wednesday, July 21 8:00-1:00 First Day of the School Year – Minimum Day. Click on the calendar below to see the 2021-2022 school calendar. Please be sure to plan vacations during school breaks.
- Thursday, 7/22 – Minimum Day for all Kindergarten Students; full day for grades 1-6 (dismissal at 2:30 PM)
- Friday, 7/23 – Minimum Day for all K-6 students (dismissal at 1:00 PM for grades K-6)
- Wednesday, 728 – 3:00 PM PTO General Meeting
- Thursday, 8/5 – 6:00 PM Preschool-6th Grade Curriculum Night
- Monday, 8/2 – Friday, 8/6 – SSC Elections (virtual)
- Monday, 8/2 – Friday, 8/6 – VAPA Week #1
- Tuesday, 8/10 – 3:00 PM SSC Meeting
- Wednesday, 8/11 – 8:15-9:15 ELAC Meeting (in person – MPR room)
- Wednesday, 8/11 – 6:00 PM CVESD Board Meeting
- Monday, 8/16 – Friday, 8/20 – VAPA Week #2
- Wednesday, 8/18 – 3:00 PM PTO General Meeting
- Wednesday, 8/24 12:00-2:00 DAC/DELAC Meeting
- Thursday, 8/26 – Loma Verde Picture Day
- Monday, 8/30 – 8:00 AM Kids Heart Challenge Kick-Off
- Monday, 8/30 – Friday, 9/3 – VAPA Week #3
- Thursday, 9/2 -3:00 PM PTO General Meeting
- Monday, 9/6 – NO SCHOOL, Labor Day Holiday
- Wednesday, 9/8 – 8:15 AM ELAC Meeting (in person – MPR room)
- Thursday, 9/9-Thursday, 9/16 Parent/Teacher Conferences (minimum days, 1:00 dismissal)
- Monday, 9/13 – Friday, 9/16 – VAPA Week #4
- Tuesday, 9/14 – 3:00 PM SSC Meeting
- Wednesday, 9/15 – 6:00 PM CVESD Board Meeting
- Friday, 9/17 – Kid’s Heart Challenge School-wide Event
- Friday, 9/17 – Last Day of 1st Quarter
- Monday, 9/20 – 10/4 – NO SCHOOL – Fall Break
PARENT LEADERS NEEDED
Are you interested in getting more involved at Loma Verde? We need parents to serve on our School Site Council and English Learner Advisory Committee. If you are interested in making decisions about our school budget and Single Plan for Student Achievement, please consider getting involved. Please let Principal Mrs. Watson (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you would like to get involved. Our PTO is also looking for parent leaders, please let us know if you want to join!
Join our PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) Group!
We need your help to make this year fantastic! Please join our PTO group to help out at school event. We are also looking for parents to join with membership dues of $5 per student or $10 per family. Click on the file link below to access the form. Forms and money can be turned into the office. Membership dues help to fund field trips, school events, classroom supplies, guest speakers, and much more! All the money collected is spent on OUR LOMA VERDE STUDENTS! Thank you!
Dress Code: School Uniforms
Loma Verde students will be required to wear school uniforms. Shirts are blue, white or grey and pants/shorts/skirts are navy or black. Spirit t-shirts can be worn any day. Please wear closed-toe shoes daily. If you need help acquiring the uniforms, please contact the office. Information is confidential.
If you choose to not have your child wear a uniform, please note, the following dress code must be followed. Be sure to read it. The Uniform Exemption Waiver form this upcoming year is available below and also available in the office.
Students are expected to come to school appropriately dressed. Students failing to dress appropriately will be asked to change. If students are unable to change, parents/guardians will be contacted to bring clothing for their child to school. Parents/guardians are encouraged to have all student clothing free of any writing, pictures, or insignias. Students are not allowed to display by wearing or placement of apparel which would signify the affiliation or intent of affiliation in a student group advocating or participating in disruptive behavior. Ed Code 35183
Loma Verde allows for the outdoor use of sun-protective clothing and the use of sunscreen by students during the day. Sun Protective Clothing EC 35183.5
- Be fitted at the waist
- Be worn on the waist, not sagging
- Stay up on the waist if the belt isn’t worn
- Not show skin
- Completely cover other clothing worn as an undergarment (gym shorts, underwear, etc.)
- Leggings must be worn appropriately
- Be fitted at the waist
- Not be short shorts
- Be long enough to cover buttocks, upper thighs when walking, sitting, bending or reaching
- Not be torn
SKIRTS, SKORTS, DRESSES SHOULD:
- Be long enough to cover buttocks, upper thighs when walking, sitting, bending or reaching
- Not be backless, low back or low front
- Not be tube tops, halter tops, or spaghetti straps
- Not show bra, bandeau or bra-like items
- Be long enough so that skin is not showing at midriff when arms are raised
- Have at least one-inch straps
- Clothes shall be sufficient to conceal undergarments at all times
HATS/CAPS/HOODS: Males and Females
- Hats and beanies must be worn with the bill forward, team hats should be worn outdoors ONLY
- Hoods are not allowed to be worn indoors
- Be worn at all times and tied
- Cover heels and toes
- Tennis shoes must be tied at all times
- Sandals must have closed toes and heel straps
- Flip-flops or other backless shoes or sandals are not acceptable and can create a safety issue
NOT ALLOWED ON CLOTHING OR ACCESSORIES:
- Hanging belts, belts must be through belts loops
- Hairnets, bandanas, or blankets worn as outer garment covering
- Pajamas (only during class and school spirit days)
- Clothing with words or logos shall be free of writing or images that promote alcohol, tobacco, drugs, gangs, violence, profanity, rude, pictures, vulgarity, sexual connotations or racial prejudice
- Any item that becomes a disruption to the educational process
- Make-up is inappropriate in the elementary school
- Dangling earrings, long chains, and keys are worn visibly around the neck are unsafe (key chains should not be on the playground, as it will present a danger)
EVERY YEAR all families must prove Residency in order to have a student placed on a class list.
Residency verification will take place online this year. All students returning to any school in the Chula Vista Elementary School District for the 2021/22 school year are required to show proof of residency at their school of attendance. If you have moved out of our area, and would like to continue at Loma Verde Elementary, you must contact the office to receive a Zone Transfer document. You received an email that will contain a unique “Snap Code” for each of your children enrolled at Loma Verde and a link to the website where you will be able to update information for your child and upload your residency for the 21/22 school year. You will only receive and email if you have a valid email on file at Loma Verde. If your email has recently changed, or if you do not receive emails from the district, please call the office to update your information: 619-420-3940. Please make sure to check your emails so that you may complete this promptly. If you have not received your email please contact the school office.
2021-2022 Kindergarten, TK, Preschool & New Student
Kindergarten and NEW student registration has a NEW online system for this school year. There will be no paper packets for this year’s registration. Those currently registered DO NOT have to reregister. You will just complete proof of residency. CLICK HERE for further information. To view the district website for registration information, CLICK HERE
- Kindergartners who will be 5 years old on or before September 1st
- TK students who turn 5 years old between September 2 and December 2 TK-Welcome-Letter_English-and-Spanish-2021 TK-Locations-2021-2022-final1-1 Tk-Parent-Letter-Spanish TK-Parent-Letter-English
- NEW students in grades 1st through 6th
- Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or 619-420-3940.
- All inquiries and registration for Preschool will be handled by the district’s Early Childhood Education office at (619) 425-2362 as they are able to share the most up-to-date information regarding this program. Click here for more information.
Returning Computers, Library Book, & WiFi Hot Spots
If you did not yet return a school laptop, computer charger, library book, and wifi hot spot devices that were checked out by families this year, please do so. If your device was damaged while in your family’s possession, you may contact the school office at (619) 420-3940 to set up a payment plan to fix or replace the damaged device.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-420-3940.
Get District and School Notifications 2019-20 SMS Text Opt-in Eng Sp combined
Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.