Welcome Back to School, Wildcats! We hope you had a safe and fun Spring Break! Students return for a MINIMUM DAY on Monday, April 3. TK-6th grade dismissal is at 1:00.
LOMA VERDE YEARBOOK PREORDERS ARE DUE THIS WEEK!
The 2022-2023 Loma Verde yearbook includes all grades and features photos of students, teachers, staff, school clubs, and events. It is a great way for your Wildcats to remember their time at Loma Verde! Order forms were sent home with students on 3/13/23. Preorder your yearbook for $20. All orders and money are due by 4/7/23. Yearbooks will be distributed during the last week of school.
CVESD ThoughtExchange Survey is Open!
Our annual ThoughtExchange for community input on the Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) is now open! Please see the flyer (in English and Spanish) for more information. This year, we are asking the question: What are some things we are doing well, and what could improve the educational experience we provide students through the LCAP?
The LCAP shapes our District’s goals and guides our budgeting priorities at both the district and school levels. Please join in on the conversation from Feb. 1 through May 1, 2023. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Thank you!
Link to survey: https://my.thoughtexchange.com/scroll/629912727
- Monday, 4/3 Quarter 4 Begins-Students Return Minimum Day (1:00 dismissal)
- Monday, 4/3 Friday, 4/7 VAPA Week
- Thursday, 4/6 8:15 a.m. PTO Meeting
- Friday, 4/7 – 6th Grade Promotion Pictures
- Friday, 4/7 Yearbook Preorders Due
- Saturday, 4/8 Saturday Scholars #1
- Tuesday, 4/11 12:00 p.m. DAC/DELAC Meeting @ ESSC
- Saturday, 4/15 Saturday Scholars #2
- Tuesday, 4/18 3:00 p.m. SSC Meeting (virtual & in-person)
- Wednesday, 4/19 6:00 p.m. CVESD Board Meeting @ ESSC
- Thursday, 4/20 5:30 p.m. Loma Verde’s Got Talent Show
- Thursday, 4/20 6:00 p.m. B-LAC Meeting
- Saturday, 4/22 Saturday Scholars #3
- Wednesday, 4/26 6:00 p.m BAC Meeting
- Thursday, 4/27 8:15 a.m. Coffee with the Principal & ELAC Meeting
- Saturday, 5/6 Saturday Scholars #4
- Saturday, 5/13 Saturday Scholars #5
- Click Here for the 2022-2023 CVESD School Calendar
- Click Here for the 2023-2024 CVESD School Calendar
Join our Saturday Scholars Program!
April is the Month of the Military Child!
In preparation for “Month of the Military Child,” we are asking for our students that are connected to the military to share a picture with us for some special recognition. We would like to have a picture of the student and family member in uniform. Please submit the picture to the office by April 14, 2023.
New Student Registration Information
NEW STUDENT registration began on February 15 online for the following:
- Kindergartners who will be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2023.
- NEW students in grades 1st through 6th
- All registrations will take place online. There will be no paper packets. To register please visit our district website: www.cvesd.org
Loma Verde Elementary has plenty of space in our Preschool, TK, and Kindergarten classes for next year, but has limited openings in our upper grades. Please contact our office for questions about space availability at (619) 420-3940.
Loma Verde Elementary offers a free preschool program for qualifying families that live in San Diego County. Learn more and enroll your child today at http://cvesd.org/preschool.
- Please note:
- TK students will not need a renewal zone transfer link as they will need to register at their neighborhood school for Kindergarten. Our district’s Early Childhood Education department supports Preschool and TK enrollment. Please contact them directly at (619) 425-9600 Ext.181725.
- The Renewal Zone Transfer Form is independent of the “New Zone Transfer Form.”
- Students who will be transitioning to Sweetwater Union High School District for seventh grade (middle school) do not need to notify CVESD about this, but will need to complete registration processes with that district via https://www.sweetwaterschools.org/.
Loma Verde Elementary offers both the Dual Immersion (English & Spanish 50/50) program and English-only classes in kindergarten through 6th grade. Call 619-420-3940 for more information or click here to register.
Congratulation to our Wildcat Students of the Week #29!
|Kinder: Abel, Isabela, Armaris, Jesus, Pablo, Isabella|
|1st: Sebastian, Perla, Elamuel, Leonardo, Jared, Tristan|
|2nd: Emiliano S, Matix, Emiliano C, Nadeema, Josiah, Annelise|
|3rd: Sydney, Lorenzo, Christopher, Sebastian, Isabella, Ximena, Kassidy, Jael|
|4th:Alondra, Yarem, Maximus, Iris, Yahir|
|5th: Anthony, Renata, Caleb, Limberly|
|6th: Terence, Adrianna, Luna, Eliana, Bryson, Reannah|
Did you know that if your child is out of school for three or more days, you can request an independent study contract? If an independent study contract is completed, your child receives attendance credit. For more information, you can contact Ivonne Jimenez (619-420-3940)
Week #29 TK-6th grade attendance average: 91.6% (Goal is 98% or higher)
Top Class with Highest Attendance in Week #29 (3/13-3/17):
- 97% Room 402 Mrs. Peralta 6th grade
Our school’s average daily attendance is 92.5% so far this year. Our goal is 98% We are improving each week!
REMINDER: Students need to be at school every day, arrive on time (before 8:00 a.m.), and stay in school for the entire day.
- LET’S CONTINUE TO IMPROVE OUR ATTENDANCE AT LOMA VERDE!
- Students should only miss school if they are sick. Those with symptoms can return with a negative Covid test, no fever for 24 hours without fever-reducing medication, and symptoms improving. STUDENTS DO NOT NEED TO BE SYMPTOM-FREE to attend school. We have plenty of rapid tests at school–just ask in the office. If you have a special circumstance and need an independent study, please let us know.
- Please make sure your child is here by 7:55 a.m. and lined up on the blacktop (1st-6th grade) or by the classroom (TK-kinder). If they arrive after 8:00, they will be marked tardy.
- We begin a secure campus at 8:00 a.m. Parents/guardians must exit promptly at 8:00. Thank you.
- Students can arrive as early as 7:15 a.m.
- FREE breakfast is served from 7:15 a.m. to 7:45 a.m.
- If your child/children are absent it is very important to call the office to report the reason for the absence (619-420-3940). Please leave a voicemail or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Absences that are not reported will be considered UNEXCUSED. After 3 unexcused absences and/or tardies you will receive a truancy letter.
- If you pick up your child/children early and/or they are tardy for personal reasons this is considered unexcused.
- Remember to bring a doctor’s note. Vacations, dentist, and doctor visits should be scheduled during our breaks whenever possible.
- If your child misses school, they are missing out on important learning!
- Our school staff will be scheduling SART (School Attendance Review Team) meetings with parents/guardians, calling home, and doing home visits for students who are chronically absent (missing 10% of school or excessive tardies).
- Thank you for helping to get your child to school every day and one time!
REMINDER: Do Not Bring Toys, Cards, Gadgets, or Electronics Devices to School
Students should not bring toys, cards, unnecessary gadgets, or electronics to school unless approved by the classroom teacher. Please leave all toys, fidgets, pop-its, and other items at home. Thank you for your cooperation.
LOMA VERDE SPIRIT GEAR IS FOR SALE!
We are selling Loma Verde spirit shirts and hoodies at school. The t-shirts are $12, grey sweatshirt hoodies are $24, and green zip hoodies are $30. (Cash only at this time.) Students can wear the spirit t-shirts and sweatshirt any day of the week OR the uniform shirt. Order forms can be picked up in the office. Let’s show our school spirit, Wildcats! Please make sure to write your child’s first and last name inside their hoodie.
- Click here to access our 22-23 School Handbook
- Students must have a Cell Phone Waiver on File before bringing cell phones onto campus. Click on LV Cell Phone Waiver 22-23 to access the file.
- Please screen your child for Covid-19 symptoms each day before school. Anyone with symptoms must test negative and fever-free and improving symptoms to return to school. We have a FREE COVID test for anyone who needs one.
- If your child has any pre-existing conditions, including those with Covid-like symptoms (e.g. allergies, asthma), please provide documentation from the doctor so that we can have it on file. This will help prevent your child from being sent home if they have symptoms of a chronic condition.
- Please send a water bottle with your child. Water bottles can be filled at the classroom sink or outside drinking fountains.
- Do not send candy, sports drinks, or soda to school with your child.
- Label lunch boxes, water bottles, and sweaters with your child’s name.
- No toys, trading cards, fidgets, or sports equipment from home are allowed at school.
- Positive individuals are considered infectious 2 days before symptom onset or the date of positive test collection if not symptomatic.
- A minimum of 5 days of isolation starting from the date of onset of symptoms day zero, or a positive test if asymptomatic
- Proof of a negative test is required to return to school or work after day 5 and before day 11
- If an individual continues to test positive after day 5, they can continue to try to test out every day. They can return to school without a test on day 11.
- If you are feeling sick or have COVID-like symptoms, please test.
- Families may come to the school office, Monday- Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to receive a free antigen test. The testing is not required. Please report any positive cases to our school office at (619) 420-3940 or email@example.com.
LOST AND FOUND
Please note that the lost and found rack will be at the front of the school. Remember to use a permanent marker to put your child’s name on jackets, sweaters, lunch bags, and water bottles. Items not claimed will be donated to charity.
Breakfast & Lunch Menu
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PHONE: 619-420-3940
- Loma Verde CVESD Website: https://lomaverde.cvesd.org/
- Principal Mrs. Bree Watson email@example.com
Our school/District utilizes the SchoolMessenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more. You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. Click here for more information.
FOLLOW UP ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
- Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
- Loma Verde Instagram – lomaverdewildcats Install the app to follow our photos and videos. https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=1ip9wfy7lwpmu&utm_content=otsqk0b
- Loma Verde Facebook – Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.