Loma Verde Parent Teacher Conferences March 9-March 16:
Our Spring Parent-Teacher conferences begin on Thursday, March 9th, and end on Thursday, March 16th. All students will have minimum days during parent-teacher conferences with dismissal at 1:00 pm for TK-6th grade. This is a wonderful opportunity to discuss your child’s progress. Teachers must conference with every student’s parent(s). Please let the teacher know if you prefer in-person or virtual.
LOMA VERDE FAMILY DANCE!-March 10
Please mark your calendar for our FREE Loma Verde PTO Spring Family Dance on Friday, March 10 from 5:00-7:30. Loma Verde students and their parents/guardians are invited. We will have a DJ, dancing, a photo booth, and food/drinks for sale. Join us for the fun! Students must come with a parent/guardian. It’s going to be a great family event! Click here to let us know who will be attending the dance. Sign up to attend: https://forms.office.com/r/AdzMVARBgv
COMING SOON – LOMA VERDE SPRING PICTURE DAY!
Order forms will be sent home this week
Online order code: S247
Click here: www.shopstudio1.com
Online orders must be placed by 11:00 p.m. on 3/7/23
*Pictures will only be taken for students that have money envelopes or prepay online. Thank you!
YMCA COIN DRIVE – YOUR SPARE CHANGE IS NEEDED!
We are raising money for the SouthBay YMCA. Please consider donating to this worthwhile program that benefits our students and community.
The top 3 classes that raise the most money for our COIN DRIVE/ONLINE GIVING will get a 45-minute water-themed Field Day put on by the YMCA staff.
Each classroom will have an envelope for money collection. ALL MONEY IS DUE BY FRIDAY, 3/10. Families can also donate online with the link below or use the QR code. Please include your child’s name and room number in the comments if you are donating online.
Please help us reach our goal of $500 to help support the YMCA. Every little bit helps, even a few dollars! Donations go toward the STRETCH program, camps, scholarships, and other beneficial YMCA programs for our community. You can share the link or picture with family and friends. Use the QR code to easily access the donation page. We greatly appreciate all the YMCA does to support Loma Verde families and the community. Thank you!
Click here to donate: https://give.classy.org/LomaVerdeSchool
CVESD ThoughtExchange Survey is Now Open!
Our annual ThoughtExchange for community input on the Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) is now open! Please see the flyer (in English and Spanish) for more information. This year, we are asking the question: What are some things we are doing well, and what could improve the educational experience we provide students through the LCAP?
The LCAP shapes our District’s goals and guides our budgeting priorities at both the district and school levels. Please join in on the conversation from Feb. 1 through April 1, 2023. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Thank you!
Link to survey: https://my.thoughtexchange.com/scroll/629912727
- Tuesday, 3/7 12:00 DAC/DELAC @ District Office
- Tuesday, 3/7 3:00 SSC Meeting LV SSC_Agenda_3-7-23
- Wednesday, 3/8 Spring Pictures
- Wednesday, 3/8 2:30 Kona Ice
- Thursday, 3/9 1:00-2:00 Loma Verde Art Club Room 306
- Thursday, 3/9-Thursday, 3/16 Parent Teacher Conferences (Minimum Days 1:00 dismissal)
- Friday, 3/10 5:00-7:30 p.m. Loma Verde Family Dance
- Sunday, 3/12 – Day Light Savings Time Begins (Turn clocks ahead 1 hour)
- Monday, 3/13 8:30 TK & Kinder ACE Awards
- Tuesday, 3/14 8:30 1st & 2nd Grade ACE Awards
- Thursday, 3/16 8:30 3rd & 4th Grade ACE Awards
- Friday, 3/17 8:30 5th & 6th Grade ACE Awards
- Monday, 3/20-Friday, 3/31 SPRING BREAK
- Monday, 4/3 Quarter 4 Begins-Students Return Minimum Day (1:00 dismissal)
- Click Here for the 2022-2023 Calendar
- Click Here for the 2023-2024 CVESD School Calendar
SPRING BREAK 3/20-3/31
It is hard to believe our next break is right around the corner! Spring Break begins on March 20 and continues through March 31. Students will return to school on Monday, April 3rd. It will be a minimum day. We hope you enjoy the time off with your children. We encourage all our students to continue reading and practicing math over the break. Also, you may want to have your 3rd-6th grade child practice a few sample test items to help prepare for CAASPP testing in May: Practice Tests. Thank you for your support!
New Student Registration Information
NEW STUDENT registration began on February 15 online for the following:
- Kindergartners who will be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2023.
- NEW students in grades 1st through 6th
- All registrations will take place online. There will be no paper packets. To register please visit our district website beginning on February 15: www.cvesd.org
Loma Verde Elementary has plenty of space in our Preschool, TK, and Kindergarten classes for next year, but has limited openings in our upper grades. Please contact our office for questions about space availability at (619) 420-3940.
Loma Verde Elementary offers a free preschool program for qualifying families that live in San Diego County. Learn more and enroll your child today at http://cvesd.org/preschool.
- Please note:
- TK students will not need a renewal zone transfer link as they will need to register at their neighborhood school for Kindergarten. Our district’s Early Childhood Education department supports Preschool and TK enrollment. Please contact them directly at (619) 425-9600 Ext.181725.
- The Renewal Zone Transfer Form is independent of the “New Zone Transfer Form.”
- Students who will be transitioning to Sweetwater Union High School District for seventh grade (middle school) do not need to notify CVESD about this, but will need to complete registration processes with that district via https://www.sweetwaterschools.org/.
Loma Verde Elementary offers both the Dual Immersion (English & Spanish 50/50) program and English-only classes in kindergarten through 6th grade. Call 619-420-3940 for more information or click here to register.
Read Across America & Spirit Week Pictures
Congratulation to our Wildcat Students of the Week #27!
|Kinder: Rodrigo, Alanna, Carlos, Chelsea|
|1st: Rachael, Gym, Anahi, David, Aaron, Justice|
|2nd: Sofia, Valentina, Alondra, Nicholas, Bella, Luis|
|3rd: Edward, David, Gabrielle, Alondra|
|4th: Lhiam, Melanie|
|5th: Mia, Sinai, Oscar, Oliver|
|6th: Valery, Aisha, Juan, Sofia|
Did you know that if your child is out of school for three or more days, you can request an independent study contract? If an independent study contract is completed, your child receives attendance credit. For more information, you can contact Ivonne Jimenez (619-420-3940)
Week #27 TK-6th grade attendance average: 91.6% (Goal is 98% or higher)
Top Class with Highest Attendance in Week #27 (2/27-3/3):
- 98.7% Room 204 Ms. Sadler 2nd grade
- 98.3% Room 602 Ms. Lloyd TK
- 98% Room 405 Mrs. Youssofi 6th grade
Our school’s average daily attendance is 92.4% so far this year. Our goal is 98% We are improving each week!
REMINDER: Students need to be at school every day, arrive on time (before 8:00 a.m.), and stay in school for the entire day.
- LET’S CONTINUE TO IMPROVE OUR ATTENDANCE AT LOMA VERDE!
- Students should only miss school if they are sick. Those with symptoms can return with a negative Covid test, no fever for 24 hours without fever-reducing medication, and symptoms improving. STUDENTS DO NOT NEED TO BE SYMPTOM-FREE to attend school. We have plenty of rapid tests at school–just ask in the office. If you have a special circumstance and need an independent study, please let us know.
- Please make sure your child is here by 7:55 a.m. and lined up on the blacktop (1st-6th grade) or by the classroom (TK-kinder). If they arrive after 8:00, they will be marked tardy.
- We begin a secure campus at 8:00 a.m. Parents/guardians must exit promptly at 8:00. Thank you.
- Students can arrive as early as 7:15 a.m.
- FREE breakfast is served from 7:15 a.m. to 7:45 a.m.
- If your child/children are absent it is very important to call the office to report the reason for the absence (619-420-3940). Please leave a voicemail or send an email to email@example.com.
- Absences that are not reported will be considered UNEXCUSED. After 3 unexcused absences and/or tardies you will receive a truancy letter.
- If you pick up your child/children early and/or they are tardy for personal reasons this is considered unexcused.
- Remember to bring a doctor’s note. Vacations, dentist, and doctor visits should be scheduled during our breaks whenever possible.
- If your child misses school, they are missing out on important learning!
- Our school staff will be scheduling SART (School Attendance Review Team) meetings with parents/guardians, calling home, and doing home visits for students who are chronically absent (missing 10% of school or excessive tardies).
- Thank you for helping to get your child to school every day and one time!
REMINDER: Do Not Bring Toys, Cards, Gadgets, Electronics Devices to School
Students should not bring toys, cards, unnecessary gadgets, or electronics to school unless approved by the classroom teacher. Please leave all toys, fidgets, pop-its, and other items at home. Thank you for your cooperation.
LOMA VERDE SPIRIT GEAR IS FOR SALE!
We are selling Loma Verde spirit shirts and hoodies at school. The t-shirts are $12, grey sweatshirt hoodies are $24, and green zip hoodies are $30. (Cash only at this time.) Students can wear the spirit t-shirts and sweatshirt any day of the week OR the uniform shirt. Order forms can be picked up in the office. Let’s show our school spirit, Wildcats! Please make sure to write your child’s first and last name inside their hoodie.
- Click here to access our 22-23 School Handbook
- Students must have a Cell Phone Waiver on File before bringing cell phones onto campus. Click on LV Cell Phone Waiver 22-23 to access the file.
- Please screen your child for Covid-19 symptoms each day before school. Anyone with symptoms must test negative and fever-free and improving symptoms to return to school. We have a FREE COVID test for anyone who needs one.
- If your child has any pre-existing conditions, including those with Covid-like symptoms (e.g. allergies, asthma), please provide documentation from the doctor so that we can have it on file. This will help prevent your child from being sent home if they have symptoms of a chronic condition.
- Please send a water bottle with your child. Water bottles can be filled at the classroom sink or outside drinking fountains.
- Do not send candy, sports drinks, or soda to school with your child.
- Label lunch boxes, water bottles, and sweaters with your child’s name.
- No toys, trading cards, fidgets, or sports equipment from home are allowed at school.
- Positive individuals are considered infectious 2 days before symptom onset or the date of positive test collection if not symptomatic.
- A minimum of 5 days of isolation starting from the date of onset of symptoms day zero, or a positive test if asymptomatic
- Proof of a negative test is required to return to school or work after day 5 and before day 11
- If an individual continues to test positive after day 5, they can continue to try to test out every day. They can return to school without a test on day 11.
- If you are feeling sick or have COVID-like symptoms, please visit the Campus Clinic Kiosks.
- Campus clinic is now offering flu and COVID testing at their kiosk locations.
- If your child tests positive and you need guidance, please email all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please report positive home Covid test results here.
- Families may come to the school office, Monday- Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to receive a free antigen test. The testing is not required. Please report any positive cases to our school office at (619) 420-3940 or email@example.com.
- Weekly, voluntary COVID-19 testing will continue on our school campus via Campus Clinic each week. Parents and legal guardians must opt-in to the program and no child will be tested without proper consent. If families would like to watch a video on the registration process, they can visit: https://campusclinic.org/how-to/ . For this free testing support, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
LOST AND FOUND
Please note that the lost and found rack will be at the front of the school. Remember to use a permanent marker to put your child’s name on jackets, sweaters, lunch bags, and water bottles. Items not claimed by March 17 will be donated to charity.
Breakfast & Lunch Menu
- EMAIL: email@example.com
- PHONE: 619-420-3940
- Loma Verde CVESD Website: https://lomaverde.cvesd.org/
- Principal Mrs. Bree Watson firstname.lastname@example.org
Our school/District utilizes the SchoolMessenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more. You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. Click here for more information.
FOLLOW UP ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
- Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
- Loma Verde Instagram – lomaverdewildcats Install the app to follow our photos and videos. https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=1ip9wfy7lwpmu&utm_content=otsqk0b
- Loma Verde Facebook – Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.