Hello Loma Verde Families!
This is the last week of school before our Winter Break! We are excited for our Loma Verde Festive Spirit Week and lots of learning! We wish everyone happy holidays and a restful winter break. Don’t forget students return on Tuesday, January 10 for a minimum day (1:00 dismissal for TK-6th grade).
New Report Cards for Quarter 2
This quarter the district has created a new Progress Report (report card) for reporting grades. There will be a revised rubric utilized by teachers to identify your child’s progress toward the grade-level standards throughout the year. To assist with helping families understand the changes to the reporting process, we will be sending home resources and a parent guide to accompany the updates with the report card. We hope you find the updates beneficial to understanding your child’s academic progress throughout the year. Here is the English Parent Guide to Understanding Progress Reports and Spanish Parent Guide to Understanding Progress Reports . You may reach out to your child’s teacher if you have further questions. Reports will be sent home by the end of the quarter on Friday, December 16, 2022.
PTO Holiday Shop is Here!
The PTO Holiday Shop is continuing this week at Loma Verde! It will be open through Friday, December 16 in the library. This is an opportunity for students to purchase inexpensive gifts for their friends and family. All the proceeds go to the Loma Verde PTO and benefit all of our scholars. We are looking for more parent volunteers to help out. If you can spare an hour or two during one or more of the days, please contact Monica Crespo at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
- Monday, 12/12-Friday, 12/16 Loma Verde Holiday Shop
- Monday, 12/12-Friday, 12/16 6th Grade to Camp Marston
- Monday, 12/12 8:30 TK & Kinder ACE Awards
- Tuesday 12/13 8:15 2nd grade ACE Awards
- Tuesday, 12/13 5:00 Kinder Dual Immersion Holiday Performance @MPR
- Tuesday, 12/13 6:00 p.m. Family Focus “Keeping Kids Safe Online” @District Office (see flyer)
- Wednesday, 12/14 6:00 CVESD Board Meeting
- Thursday 12/15 8:15 3rd & 4th grade ACE Awards
- Thursday, 12/15 Quarter 2 Perfect Attendance Dance
- Friday 12/16 8:15 1st grade ACE Awards
- Friday, 12/16 Report Cards Go Home, LAST DAY OF QUARTER 2
- Monday, 12/19-Monday, 1/9 NO SCHOOL WINTER BREAK
- Tuesday, 1/10 Students Return, Minimum Day, 1:00 dismissal
- Thursday, 1/12 6:00 p.m. Family Engagement Series- In person, 6:00 pm, dinner served, at 84 East J Street, Childcare provided. “12 Tips for Effective Parenting”
- Monday, 1/16- No School – Dr. MLK Jr. Day
- Thursday, 1/19 6:00 p.m. Family Engagement Series- In person, 6:00 pm, dinner served, at 84 East J Street, Childcare provided. “Hiding in Plain sight: Overview of “Human Trafficking”
- Click Here for the 2022-2023 Calendar
Loma Verde Winter 2022 Holiday Staff Appreciation Donations Needed!
Help us celebrate our 65 Loma Verde teachers and support staff for an amazing first semester! The requested food listed below will be used for various breakfasts, lunches, or snacks during the week of 12/12-12/16, 2022. The PTO is also putting together gift baskets that will be raffled off to the staff along with gift cards at the Holiday Luncheon on 12/16. If you are able to donate any of the items, please drop them off by the front office between 7:30-4:00 on the dates requested. Gift basket items are requested by 12/14/22. Click on the link to sign up for one or as many as you want. Store-bought items only, please. Thank you for your generosity to help us celebrate our wonderful Loma Verde Staff during this holiday season! https://bit.ly/LomaHolidayDonations
Congratulation to our Wildcat Students of the Week #18!
|Kinder: Natasha, Rodrigo, Chelsea, Jesus, Tatiana, Zoey|
|1st: Sophia, Julieta, Aylin, Jared|
|2nd: Nicholas, James, Emiliano, Natalie, Acacia, Aziel|
|3rd: Victoria, Joshua, Luna, Jael, Thomas, Omar|
|4th: Alessandra, Vladimir, Anthony, Maxim, Nikkie, Emmanuel|
|5th: Nathally, Matthew, Illiana|
|6th: Terance, Emiliano, Chris, Christine, Jonhazmin|
Week #18 TK-6th grade attendance average: 93.1% (Goal is 98% or higher)
Top Class with Highest Attendance in Week #18 (12/5-12/9):
- 100% Room 206 Mrs. Alvillar 3rd grade
- 97.1% Room 303 Mrs. Polanco 1st grade
- 97% Room 504 Mrs. ROmero 4th grade
Rooms 202, 203, 204, 206, 303, 304, 403, and 601 have had 10 days of perfect attendance so far this quarter!
Our school’s average daily attendance is 91.8% so far this year. Our goal is 98% We are improving each week!
REMINDER: Students need to be at school every day, arrive on time (before 8:00 a.m.), and stay in school for the entire day.
- LET’S IMPROVE OUR ATTENDANCE AT LOMA VERDE!
- Students should only miss school if they are sick. Those with symptoms can return with a negative Covid test, no fever for 24 hours without fever-reducing medication, and symptoms improving. STUDENTS DO NOT NEED TO BE SYMPTOM-FREE to attend school. We have plenty of rapid tests at school–just ask in the office. If you have a special circumstance and need an independent study, please let us know.
- Please make sure your child is here by 7:55 a.m. and lined up on the blacktop (1st-6th grade) or by the classroom (TK-kinder). If they arrive after 8:00, they will be marked tardy.
- We begin a secure campus at 8:00 a.m. Parents/guardians must exit promptly at 8:00. Thank you.
- Students can arrive as early as 7:15 a.m.
- FREE breakfast is served 7:15 a.m. to 7:45 a.m.
- If your child/children is absent it is very important to call the office to report the reason for the absence (619-420-3940). Please leave a voicemail or send an email to email@example.com.
- Absences that are not reported will be considered UNEXCUSED. After 3 unexcused absences and/or tardies you will receive a truancy letter.
- If you pick up your child/children early and/or they are tardy for personal reasons this is considered unexcused.
- Remember to bring a doctor’s note. Vacations, dentist, and doctor visits should be scheduled during our breaks whenever possible.
- If your child misses school, they are missing out on important learning!
- Our school staff will be scheduling SART (School Attendance Review Team) meetings with parents/guardians, calling home, and doing home visits for students who are chronically absent (missing 10% of school or excessive tardies).
- Thank you for helping to get your child to school every day and one time!
Federal Impact Survey Forms Due
Federal funds are provided to the school district based on the number of students enrolled in our schools whose parents/guardians reside or work on Federal Property or are on active duty in the military. Send the completed form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off at the school office Monday-Friday between 7:30-4:00. This form will be sent home this week to parents/guardians. See below how to complete the form. Thank you!
Parent Workshop Series
The Chula Vista Elementary School District is starting a new Family Focus Series for families to learn more about pressing topics such as bullying, social and emotional well-being, and more! This is a wonderful learning opportunity for our families to participate in upcoming workshops. Check out all the topics below! Free childcare and dinner are provided for all attendees. The next workshop is on December 8. The MTSS Coordinator for Discovery Charter School, Melissa Moreno, will present “A Parent’s Guide to Behavior.”
- Click here to access our 22-23 School Handbook
- Students must have a Cell Phone Waiver on File before bringing cell phones onto campus. Click on LV Cell Phone Waiver 22-23 to access the file.
- Please screen your child for Covid-19 symptoms each day before school. Anyone with symptoms must test negative and fever-free and improving symptoms to return to school. We have a FREE COVID test for anyone who needs one.
- If your child has any pre-existing conditions, including those with Covid-like symptoms (e.g. allergies, asthma), please provide documentation from the doctor so that we can have it on file. This will help prevent your child from being sent home if they have symptoms of a chronic condition.
- Please send a water bottle with your child. Water bottles can be filled at the classroom sink or outside drinking fountains.
- Do not send candy, sports drinks, or soda to school with your child.
- Label lunch boxes, water bottles, and sweaters with your child’s name.
- No toys, trading cards, fidgets, or sports equipment from home are allowed at school.
Free COVID Testing
Families may come to the school office, Monday- Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to receive a free antigen test. The testing is not required. Please report any positive cases to our school office at (619) 420-3940 or email@example.com.
Weekly, voluntary COVID-19 testing will continue on our school campus via Campus Clinic each week. Parents and legal guardians must opt-in to the program and no child will be tested without proper consent. If families would like to watch a video on the registration process, they can visit: https://campusclinic.org/how-to/ .
For this free testing support, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For community testing at the kiosks, individuals will need to register on-site. You only need to register one time for a test through the kiosk.
DONATION NEEDED for cases of water for our classrooms. If you are able to donate a case of water please drop it off at the school office between 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Thank you!
LOST AND FOUND
Please note that the lost and found rack will be at the front of the school. Remember to use a permanent marker to put your child’s name on jackets, sweaters, lunch bags, and water bottles.
Breakfast & Lunch Menu
- EMAIL: email@example.com
- PHONE: 619-420-3940
- Loma Verde CVESD Website: https://lomaverde.cvesd.org/
- Principal Mrs. Bree Watson firstname.lastname@example.org
Our school/District utilizes the SchoolMessenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more. You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. Click here for more information.
FOLLOW UP ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
- Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
- Loma Verde Instagram – lomaverdewildcats Install the app to follow our photos and videos. https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=1ip9wfy7lwpmu&utm_content=otsqk0b
- Loma Verde Facebook – Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.