REMINDER: Students need to be at school every day, arrive on time, and stay in school for the entire day.
- LET’S IMPROVE OUR ATTENDANCE AT LOMA VERDE!
- Students should only miss school if they are sick. Those with symptoms can return with a negative Covid test, no fever for 24 hours without fever-reducing medication, and symptoms improving. STUDENTS DO NOT NEED TO BE SYMPTOM-FREE to attend school. We have plenty of rapid tests at school–just ask in the office. If you have a special circumstance and need an independent study, please let us know.
- Please make sure your child is here by 7:55 a.m. and lined up on the blacktop (1st-6th grade) or by the classroom (TK-kinder). If they arrive after 8:00, they will be marked tardy.
- We begin a secure campus at 8:00 a.m. Parents/guardians must exit promptly at 8:00. Thank you.
- Students can arrive as early as 7:15 a.m.
- FREE breakfast is served 7:15 a.m. to 7:45 a.m.
- If your child/children is absent it is very important to call the office to report the reason for the absence (619-420-3940). Please leave a voicemail or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Absences that are not reported will be considered UNEXCUSED. After 3 unexcused absences and/or tardies you will receive a truancy letter.
- If you pick up your child/children early and/or they are tardy for personal reasons this is considered unexcused.
- Remember to bring a doctor’s note. Vacations, dentist, and doctor visits should be scheduled during our breaks whenever possible.
- If your child misses school, they are missing out on important learning!
- Our school staff will be scheduling SART (School Attendance Review Team) meetings with parents/guardians, calling home, and doing home visits for students who are chronically absent (missing 10% of school or excessive tardies).
- Thank you for helping to get your child to school every day and one time!
Week #15 TK-6th grade attendance average: 87.4% (Goal is 98% or higher)
Top Classes with Highest Attendance in Week #15 (11/7-11/10):
- 95.2% Room 202 Mrs. Navaroli 2nd & 3rd grade
- 95.2% Room 402 Mrs. Perealta 6th grade
- 95% Room 204 Ms. Sadler 2nd grade
Rooms 204, 304, and 403 have had 10 days of perfect attendance so far this quarter! They received a class popsicle party!
Our school’s average daily attendance is 91.6% so far this year. Our goal is 98%
- Monday, 11/14-Friday, 11/18 VAPA Week
- Monday, 11/14 Room 504 Health Station field trip
- Tuesday, 11/15 6th Grade Biz Town field trip
- Tuesday, 11/15 12:00 DAC/DELAC @ ESSC
- Thursday, 11/17 6:00 B-LAC Meeting @ Hedenkamp Elementary
- Friday, 11/18 Loma Verde Spirit Day -Wear your Loma Verde school shirt or sweatshirt!
- Friday, 11/18 Mariachi Presentation field trip @Balboa Theater (Rooms 203, 305, 204, 202, 403)
- Friday, 11/18 8:15 PTO Meeting
- Friday, 11/18 2:00 Special SSC Meeting
- Saturday, 11/19 8:30-1:00 Saturday Scholars field trip to Navy SWMI in Balboa Park
- Monday, 11/21-Friday, 11/25 NO SCHOOL – THANKSGIVING BREAK
- Wednesday, 11/30 2:30 Kona Ice
- Thursday, 12/1-Friday, 12/16 Loma Verde Holiday Shop
- Thursday, 12/8 8:15 Coffee with the Principal & ELAC Meeting
- Friday 12/9 8:15 5th & 6th grade ACE Awards
- Friday, 12/9 1:00 PTO Spirit Shirt Sale, Loma Verde Food Distribution & Community Resource Fair
- Saturday, 12/10 12:00-2:00 Loma Verde Toys for Joy @ Memorial Park
- Monday, 12/12-Friday, 12/16 6th Grade to Camp Marston
- Monday, 12/12 8:30 TK & Kinder ACE Awards
- Tuesday 12/13 8:15 1st & 2nd grade ACE Awards
- Tuesday, 12/13 5:00 Kinder Dual Immersion Holiday Performance
- Wednesday, 12/14 6:00 CVESD Board Meeting
- Thursday 12/15 8:15 3rd & 4th grade ACE Awards
- Thursday, 12/15 Quarter 2 Perfect Attendance Dance
- Friday, 12/16 Report Cards Go Home, LAST DAY OF QUARTER 2
- Monday, 12/19-Monday, 1/9 NO SCHOOL WINTER BREAK
- Tuesday, 1/10 Students Return, Minimum Day, 1:00 dismissal
- Click Here for the 2022-2023 Calendar
Congratulation to our Wildcat Students of the Week #15!
|Kinder: Alanna, Diego, Marlie, Sebastian, Arielle, Daniel|
|1st: Rini, Nolan, Victor, Ivan H, Valentina, Anthony|
|2nd: Valentina H, Juliette, Emiliano, Declan, Milani, Eros|
|3rd: Natalie, Angel, Adam, Christopher, Mauricio G, Santiago, Thomas, Liam|
|4th: Amaya, Daniel P, Ivan P, Paris|
|5th: Gabriel, Leah, Audian, Adrianna|
|6th: Emiliano, Jason, Alex M, Christoper|
Federal Impact Survey Forms Due
Federal funds are provided to the school district based on the number of students enrolled in our schools whose parents/guardians reside or work on Federal Property or are on active duty in the military. Send the completed form by email to email@example.com or drop it off at the school office Monday-Friday between 7:30-4:00. This form will be sent home this week to parents/guardians. See below how to complete the form. Thank you!
- Click here to access our 22-23 School Handbook
- Students must have a Cell Phone Waiver on File before bringing cell phones onto campus. Click on LV Cell Phone Waiver 22-23 to access the file.
- Please screen your child for Covid-19 symptoms each day before school. Anyone with symptoms must test negative and fever-free and improving symptoms to return to school. We have FREE COVID test for anyone what needs one.
- If your child has any pre-existing conditions, including those with Covid-like symptoms (e.g. allergies, asthma), please provide documentation from the doctor so that we can have it on file. This will help prevent your child from being sent home if they have symptoms of a chronic condition.
- Please send a water bottle with your child. Water bottles can be filled at the classroom sink or outside drinking fountains.
- Do not send candy, sports drinks, or soda to school with your child.
- Label lunch boxes, water bottles, and sweaters with your child’s name.
- No toys, trading cards, fidgets, or sports equipment from home are allowed at school.
We wanted to acknowledge that American Indian Heritage Month is celebrated in the United States during the month of November!
Please Complete Feeding San Diego Backpack Survey
PLEASE COMPLETE the Feeding San Diego-Food Backpack Survey if you pick up food from Loma Verde Elementary on Fridays. Your response assists in continuing to provide the program for our school. Thank you!
Free COVID Testing
Families may come to the school office, Monday- Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to receive a free antigen test. The testing is not required. Please report any positive cases to our school office at (619) 420-3940 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weekly, voluntary COVID-19 testing will continue on our school campus via Campus Clinic each week. Parents and legal guardians must opt-in to the program and no child will be tested without proper consent. If families would like to watch a video on the registration process, they can visit: https://campusclinic.org/how-to/ .
For this free testing support, please email: email@example.com.
For community testing at the kiosks, individuals will need to register on-site. You only need to register one time for a test through the kiosk.
DONATION NEEDED for cases of water for our classrooms. If you are able to donate a case of water please drop it off at the school office between 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Thank you!
LOST AND FOUND
Please note that the lost and found rack will be at the front of the school. Remember to use a permanent marker to put your child’s name on jackets, sweaters, lunch bags, and water bottles.
Breakfast & Lunch Menu
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PHONE: 619-420-3940
- Loma Verde CVESD Website: https://lomaverde.cvesd.org/
- Principal Mrs. Bree Watson email@example.com
Our school/District utilizes the SchoolMessenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more. You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. Click here for more information.
FOLLOW UP ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
- Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
- Loma Verde Instagram – lomaverdewildcats Install the app to follow our photos and videos. https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=1ip9wfy7lwpmu&utm_content=otsqk0b
- Loma Verde Facebook – Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.