Hello Loma Verde Families!
We are excited about another great week of learning! Please read the blog and check the calendar for all the important upcoming events. Don’t forget…We are working on improving our attendance at Loma Verde. Please make sure your child is here every day and on time. Thank you!
- Monday, 10/17-Friday, 10/21 VAPA Week
- Monday, 10/17 8:15 a.m. PTO Meeting (Auditorium)
- Tuesday, 10/18 12:00-2:00 p.m. DAC/DELAC Meeting @ ESSC
- Tuesday, 10/18 3:00 SSC Meeting (Library and virtual meeting)
- Wednesday, 10/19 6:00 p.m. CVESD Board Meeting (Loma Verde Recognized for PBIS Gold Award)
- Thursday, 10/20 10:25 a.m. California Great Shakeout Earthquake Drill & Fire Drill
- Thursday, 10/20 5:00-7:00 CVESD 130th Anniversary Event @ Hedenkamp Elementary
- Friday, 10/21 Fall Picture Retakes
- Friday, 10/21 5:30 p.m. Loma Verde PTO Family Movie Night
- Saturday, 10/15 8:30-1:00 Saturday Scholars @ Loma Verde
- Monday, 10/24-Friday, 10/28 Red Ribbon Week
- Wednesday, 10/26 2:30-3:00 Kona Ice
- Wednesday, 10/26 6:00 p.m. Budget Advisory Meeting @ ESSC
- Friday, 10/28 1:00 Loma Verde Backpack Food Distribution (FREE)
- Saturday, 10/29 8:30-1:00 Saturday Scholars
- Monday, 10/31 1:30 Halloween Parade
- Saturday, 11/5 8:30-1:00 Saturday Scholars
- Saturday, 11/5 Mini CABE @ Otay Ranch High School
- Click Here for the 2022-2023 Calendar
10/21 Make-Up Fall Picture Day
Student Make-Up Fall Picture day is Friday, 10/21. Students need to wear school uniforms for pictures. Order forms are available in the school office.
CVESD’s 130th Anniversary Celebration
The Chula Vista Elementary School District celebrates 130 years as a school district this year. As we celebrate 130 years, we honor the past and look forward to the future. Our achievements as a District are undeniable. From our high-quality instruction, a technology-based curriculum, innovative programming, and strong visual and performing arts, we provide a highly sought-after education for all students.
On October 20, 2022, the Chula Vista Elementary School District will host a 130th-anniversary celebration event at Hedenkamp Elementary School for all community members to attend. The free event will take place from 5 pm to 7 pm, where we will recognize students, staff, and individuals who have impacted the District over the years. We look forward to celebrating with you then.
Don’t forget to follow along on our district’s social media pages! Like and follow CVESD social channels here: Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Of course, the latest news is always here at our school’s blog: https://lomaverdewildcats.org/.
LOMA VERDE FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT!
Join us on Friday, 10/21 for the Loma Verde Family Movie Night under the stars! The gate opens at 5:30 p.m. and the movie begins at 6:00 p.m. Bring blankets and chairs for an outdoor showing of Sing 2! Food will be for sale OR bring your own picnic. Students must be accompanied by an adult. All are welcome to this FREE PTO event!
Loma Verde Safety Patrol Begins This Week!
Our new Loma Verde Safety Patrol begins this week after school. They will be helping families cross at the bus loop crosswalk. These 5th and 6th-grade students have been trained by our Chula Vista Police Department SROs and are excited to volunteer and help keep people safe. Thank you for following their procedures for crossing safely!
Week #11 TK-6th grade attendance average: 95.8% (Goal is 98% or higher)
Top Classes with Highest Attendance in Week #11 (10/11-10/14):
- 100% Room 206 Mrs. Alvillar 3rd grade
- 99.2% Room 403 Mr. Cooper 5th grade
- 98.9% Room 305 Mrs. Snell 2nd grade
- 98.8% Room 202 Mrs. Navaroli 2/3 grade
- 98.8% Room 303 Mrs. Polanco 1st grade
- 98.4% Room 304 Mrs. Kolbe 1st grade
Our school’s average daily attendance is 91.9% so far this year. Our goal is 98%.
Important Attendance Reminders
Students need to be at school every day and on time. Please make sure your child is here by 7:55 a.m. and lined up on the blacktop (1st-6th grade) or by the classroom (TK-kinder). Let’s improve our attendance! If your child must be out sick, please contact the office at 619-420-3940 or firstname.lastname@example.org to excuse the absence. Remember to bring a doctor’s note. Vacations, dentist, and doctor visits should be scheduled during our breaks whenever possible. If your child misses school, they are missing out on important learning! Our school staff will be meeting with parents/guardians, calling home, and doing home visits for students who are chronically absent.
Congratulation to our Wildcat Students of the Week #11!
|Kinder: Julieta, Able, Laila, Rya, Miguel, Andrea|
|1st: Allan, Arielle, Zaer, Alexandra, Sarah, Sebastian|
|2nd: Nicholas, Matix, Daniella, Emiliano, Yamir, Luis, Taylor|
|3rd: Andre, David, Izabella, Omar, Mia, Kassidy, Sophia|
|4th: Yarem, Mary, Victoria, Melanie, Samantha, Landen|
|5th: Angela, Mason, Edgar, Matthew, Bella, Bryan|
|6th: Halia, Isabella, Samantha, Christine|
Mark Your Calendars for RED RIBBON WEEK 10/24-10/28
Mark your calendars now for Loma Verde’s Red Ribbon Week. The week of October 24-28, will begin with an all-school assembly and include Spirit Days and many other activities throughout the week. The theme this year is Celebrate Life. Live Drug Free.™ More information will be available soon.
Loma Verde Costume Parade – Monday, 10/31
Loma Verde’s Costume Parade is Monday, Oct. 31. Students may wear a costume to school. Please observe these guidelines when choosing a costume:
- Faces must not be covered up.
- Costumes are to be tasteful and appropriate for elementary school. Our youngest students are 3 years old. Nothing scary, please. No references to shows or games that are not appropriate for young children.
- Blood, guts and/or gore are not allowed.
- Fake guns, swords, knives or anything resembling a weapon is not allowed.
- If you are not sure if it is appropriate, ask your teacher.
- Costumes must not require parent or adult assistance.
- Students participating in the parade should arrive at school in their costumes and remain in costume all day.
- Students not participating will be supervised in the library.
- Click here to access our 22-23 School Handbook
- Students must have a Cell Phone Waiver on File before bringing cell phones onto campus. Click on LV Cell Phone Waiver 22-23 to access the file.
- Please screen your child for Covid-19 symptoms each day before school.
- If your child has any pre-existing conditions, including those with Covid-like symptoms (e.g. allergies, asthma), please provide documentation from the doctor so that we can have it on file. This will help prevent your child from being sent home if they have symptoms of a chronic condition.
- Please send a water bottle with your child. Water bottles can be filled at the classroom sink or outside drinking fountains.
- Do not send sports drinks or soda to school with your child.
- Label lunch boxes, water bottles, and sweaters with your child’s name.
- No toys, trading cards, fidgits, or sports equipment from home are allowed at school.
Free COVID Testing
Families may come to the school office, Monday- Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to receive a free antigen test. The testing is not required. Please report any positive cases to our school office at (619) 420-3940 or email@example.com.
Weekly, voluntary COVID-19 testing will continue on our school campus via Campus Clinic each week. Parents and legal guardians must opt-in to the program and no child will be tested without proper consent. If families would like to watch a video on the registration process, they can visit: https://campusclinic.org/how-to/ .
For this free testing support, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For community testing at the kiosks, individuals will need to register on-site. You only need to register one time for a test through the kiosk.
DONATION NEEDED for cases of water for our classrooms. If you are able to donate a case of water please drop it off at the school office between 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Thank you!
LOST AND FOUND
Please note that the lost and found rack will be at the front of the school. Remember to use a permanent marker to put your child’s name on jackets, sweaters, lunch bags, and water bottles.
Breakfast & Lunch Menu
- EMAIL: email@example.com
- PHONE: 619-420-3940
- Loma Verde CVESD Website: https://lomaverde.cvesd.org/
- Principal Mrs. Bree Watson firstname.lastname@example.org
Our school/District utilizes the SchoolMessenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more. You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. Click here for more information.
FOLLOW UP ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
- Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
- Loma Verde Instagram – lomaverdewildcats Install the app to follow our photos and videos. https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=1ip9wfy7lwpmu&utm_content=otsqk0b
- Loma Verde Facebook – Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.