PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES
Our Spring Parent-Teacher Conferences start this week. They began on Thursday, March 10, and end on Thursday, March 17. Students will have minimum days during conferences with a 1:00 PM dismissal. Please make every effort to attend the scheduled conference to discuss your child’s progress. Our teachers and students will share very important information and you will have an opportunity to ask questions about your child’s progress this school year. Please contact your child’s teacher and/or the office if you have not received a scheduled conference time.
Indoor Masking Update:
The Chula Vista Elementary School District is meeting this week with multiple stakeholder groups and experts to determine how we will move forward with the masking guidance as a District once the state indoor masking expires on 3/12/22. We will be providing all stakeholder input and information to our governing board at our next board meeting on March 9, 2022, so they can make the best-informed decision regarding indoor masking for students and staff. We are optimistic about the opportunity to reevaluate community guidance while maintaining a safe learning environment for our staff and students. Once the District updates guidance, we will send out updated guidance, until then we will continue to require making for students and staff.
Please Help Us Reach Our YMCA Fundraiser Goal!
Please help us reach our goal of $550 to help support the YMCA. Every little bit helps, even a few dollars! Donations go toward the STRETCH program, camps, scholarships, and other beneficial YMCA programs for our community. You can share the flyer below with family and friends. Use the QR code to easily access the donation page. We greatly appreciate all the YMCA does to support Loma Verde families and the community. Thank you! Click here to donate: https://www.classy.org/fundraiser/3743094
- Monday, 3/7 – Friday, 3/11 New Student Registration Continues
- Tuesday, 3/8 12:00 DAC/DELAC
- Tuesday, 3/8 Weekly COVID Testing at Loma Verde (Sign up at https://school.covidclinic.org. Read below for more information.)
- Tuesday, 3/8 3:00 SSC Meeting (virtual)
- Wednesday, 3/9 3:00 PTO Meeting (in person)
- Wednesday, 3/9 6:00 CVESD Board Meeting
- Thursday, 3/10-Friday, 3/11 Parent Teacher Conferences (Minimum Day 1:00 PM Dismissal)
- Sunday, 3/13 – Day Light Savings Time Begins (Turn clocks ahead 1 hour)
- Monday, 3/14-Thursday, 3/17 Parent Teacher Conferences (Minimum Days 1:00 PM Dismissal)
- Tuesday, 3/15 Weekly COVID Testing at Loma Verde
- Tuesday, 3/15 8:15 AM Coffee with the Principal & ELAC Meeting
- Wednesday, 3/16 6:00 BAC Meeting (virtual)
- Friday, 3/18 Last Day of Quarter 4, Report Cards Sent Home
- Friday, 3/18 12:00-4:00 COVID Vaccination Clinic at Loma Verde
- Monday, 3/21-Friday, 4/1 NO SCHOOL Spring Break
2022-2023 Online Registration Began for NEW Students on March 2nd – Sign Up Now
NEW STUDENT registration began on March 2 online for the following:
- Kindergartners who will be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2022
- TK students who turn 5 years old between September 2, 2022 and February 2, 2023
- NEW students in grades 1st through 6th
All registrations will take place online. There will be no paper packets. To register please visit our district website beginning March 2nd.: www.cvesd.org
REMINDER: Do Not Bring Toys, Cards, Gadgets, Electronics Devices to School
Students should not bring toys, cards, unnecessary gadgets, or electronics to school unless approved by the classroom teacher. Please leave all toys, fidgets, pop-its, and other items at home. Thank you for your cooperation.
Read Across America & Spirit Week Pictures
COVID-19 Questions and Information:
- Please read the latest CVESD COVID-19 Weekly Newsletter
- To report a positive case to us in the office, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your child is experiencing any symptoms, please keep them at home and notify the school office at (619) 420-3940.
- If you have someone who is known positive in your household, please also keep your child home and notify the office.
- If you have a COVID Positive Case in your home and need guidance on isolation/quarantine, please email email@example.com.
- The district’s website, www.cvesd.org, is updated daily to reflect COVID testing hours and locations.
- Masks are required on indoors while on campus for adults and students at this time.
- Independent Study Contracts are available for students who have tested positive or who must isolate/quarantine. Contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the contract.
Weekly, On-Site, Covid Testing Tues., 3/8 at Loma Verde
If you would like to take advantage of this free and convenient service, you must register your children by using the link provided to you via your email or with this link: https://school.covidclinic.org. So far we have 190 students and staff signed up to test!
To register your account, click the parent/guardian tab. Fill in your information and then your children’s information. You will need each child’s student ID#. You will then be prompted to Part Two which is ordering a test for your children. This second step must be completed by 12:00 PM on Monday, 3/7 to ensure we have a test kit prepared for your child by Tuesday. After doing this the first time, the order will repeat itself every week – no further action will be needed. You will receive an email confirming “Your Order Has Been Placed”.
To revoke or skip testing at any time after that email: email@example.com
Anyone that has tested positive for Covid would want to skip PCR testing for 90-days as this could result in false positives.
On Tuesdays, teams will go to each classroom to test students & staff that are registered and have ordered their tests. This will take approximately 10 minutes per class. Any positive results will be reported to you and the district the next day through an email.
Weekly COVID testing of all students and staff at school will increase our ability to keep our school safe and open during this pandemic. It also removes the burden from you to take your children to get tested after every exposure, and it will fill the weekly testing requirement for sports team participation.
Thank you for your participation!
Updated Vaccination Information
Children 5 and up can be vaccinated against Covid-19. Please send completed (two doses of Pfizer) COVID-19 vaccination card copies to firstname.lastname@example.org to update school vaccination records. Children are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after the second Pfizer dose. Children who are fully vaccinated do not need to quarantine after exposure to a positive case IF we have vaccination records on file. Click here for information about where to get the COVID-19 vaccine.
It is hard to believe our next break is right around the corner! Spring Break begins on March 19 and continues through April 3. Students will return to school on April 4. It will be a minimum day. We hope you enjoy the time off with your children. We encourage all our students to continue reading and practicing math over the break. Also, you may want to have your 3rd-6th grade child practice a few sample test items to help prepare for CAASPP testing in May: Practice Tests. Thank you for your support!
PLEASE JOIN US! Positive Parenting Program Seminar Series
March 1, 8 & 15, 2022
From 8:30 to 10:00 AM – Live presentation via Zoom
*Presentation in Spanish only
Click here for information (Limit 15 parents – Sign up soon!)
¡POR FAVOR ÚNETE A NOSOTROS! Serie de Seminarios del Programa de Crianza Positiva
1, 8 y 15 de marzo de 2022
De 8:30 a 10:00 AM – Presentación en vivo vía Zoom
*Presentación solo en español
(Límite de 15 padres – ¡Regístrese pronto!)
“Parents Learning to be Better Parents” Workshops
Castle Park Middle School invites you to participate in a series of workshops where you will receive updated information on what is happening in our community and with the purpose of helping you raise successful young people in school and life in general.
Workshops will be held via Zoom from 9:00-10:30 AM
Meeting ID: 841 4536 7692
Parents Learning to Be Better Parents Topics include:
• The Power in Education March 3
• Positive Discipline, Limits March 10
• Family Epidemics: Toxic Families/Healthy Families March 17
• The Truth About Drugs: Marijuana/VAPING/Fentanyl April 7
• Prevention/Education Bullying/Domestic violence April 14
• Mental Health: Emotional intelligence, suicide prevention, depression, anxiety April 21
• The Dangers of the Internet: Grooming, sex trafficking, apps April 28
• Graduation May 5
VISITORS AND VOLUNTEERS
- Volunteers must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or weekly negative COVID test, TB test results, and fingerprint clearance.
- Before the teacher can approve you to volunteer, you must also view LV Visitor and Volunteer VolunteerPowerPoint2021 and and complete THIS FORM.
- Volunteers must stay masked while on campus.
- Volunteers must also complete a LV-volunteer-disaster-information. and submit it to the office. You can also request a paper copy from the office.
- Please do not come on campus if you are not feeling well.
- Once these guidelines have been met, the teachers will provide the office with a list of approved volunteers.
LOMA VERDE SPIRIT GEAR IS FOR SALE!
We are selling Loma Verde spirit shirts and hoodies at school. The t-shirts are $10 and the pull-over sweatshirt hoodies are $20. (Cash only at this time.) Students can wear the spirit t-shirts and sweatshirt any day of the week OR the uniform shirt. Order forms can be picked up in the office. Let’s show our school spirit, Wildcats! Loma Verde Spirit Gear -Order-FormDOWNLOAD Please make sure to write your child’s first and last name inside their hoodie.
LOST AND FOUND
Please note that the lost and found will be at the front of the school. Remember to use a permanent marker to put your child’s name on jackets, sweaters, lunch bags, and water bottles. All lost and found items that are not claimed at the end of each quarter will be donated.
Contact us at email@example.com or 619-420-3940.
Principal Mrs. Bree Watson firstname.lastname@example.org
Our school/District utilizes the SchoolMessenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more. You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. Click here for more information.
Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.