District Testing – Continues This Week!
As a reminder, it is time for local measures testing. CVESD Local Measures Testing is May 17-June 4 for grades TK-6. You will receive your child’s testing calendar soon. K-6th grade will take iReady. TK-2nd will take Smarty Ants, and 2nd-6th grade will take Achieve3000 Level Set. Those students in person, will take their tests at school, and those in Distance Learning will be taking it with their teacher on line. These local measures are the only tests your child will be taking. As previously announced, State Testing has been cancelled this year. Please be sure your child gets a good night’s sleep as well as eats a healthy breakfast. It is important to remember not to help your child with any answers. These tests help us determine what your child knows, and where to begin next year when we are all back together!
Loma Verde Families,
Loma Verde Staff Appreciation is this week May 24-28, 2021.
Help us celebrate our Loma Verde teachers and support staff! If you are able to donate any of the items, please drop them off by the front office on 5/20, 5/21, 5/24, or 5/25 between 7:30-4:00. Click on the link to sign up for one or as many as you want. Store-bought items only, please. Thank you!
Residency Verification – Begins June 1st
On June 1st, the district will launch the new platform for the Verification of Residency and update important information for returning students for the 2021 – 22 school year. It will be imperative that you complete. We will also be updating ALL emails to ensure you receive school and district email notifications. Your child will not be placed on a class list if verification of residency is not completed. More information will be give out this week.
5/24-28 Loma Verde Staff Appreciation Week
Tuesday, 5/25 – 3:00 SSC Meeting (rescheduled to 5/26)
Wednesday, 5/26 – 2:00 ELAC Meeting Join Zoom Meeting Meeting ID: 541 328 3279 Passcode: lomaverde (scan QR code on the right with your phone)
Wednesday, 5/26 – 3:00 SSC Meeting (new date) Join Zoom Meeting Meeting ID: 541 328 3279 Passcode: lomaverde
Wednesday, 5/26 – 6:00 Budget Advisory Committee (BAC) Meeting
Thursday, 5/27 – 12:30-2:00 Loma Verde Weekly Food Distribution
Thursday, 5/27 – 6:00 CVESD Black Learner Advisory Council (BLAC) Meeting Link
Monday, 5/31 NO SCHOOL – Memorial Day
Tuesday, 6/8 12:00-2:00 DAC/DELAC Meeting
Tuesday, 6/15 Last Day of School (Distance Learning – minimum day)
Tuesday, 6/15 – 8:30 6th Grade Promotion Car Parade
Tuesday, 6/15 – 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM 3rd grade DI picnic on the Loma lawn (Ms. Lee’s & Mrs. Josa’s classes)
Tuesday, 6/15 – 11:00-5:00 Loma Verde Device Return (All students return computers, chargers, and hotspots)
Wednesday, 6/16 – 8:00-3:30 Loma Verde Device Return (All students return computers, chargers, and hotspots)
Wednesday, 6/16 6:00 CVESD Board Meeting
Tuesday, 6/23-7/7 Loma Verde Elementary Office Closed for Summer
Wednesday, 7/21 Students Return to School for 2021-2022 School Year
Computer Devices & WIFI Hotspots on Loan to Students – Return Dates:
We will be collecting all school laptop computers that were checked out by families on the dates below. For your convenience, we are offering three different dates with a wide range of times. Please bring the computers and chargers to the front of the school where we will have staff ready to accept them and record that the computer or wifi hot spot device was returned.
June 14th 1:00 – 3:30 PM
June 15th 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
June 16th 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM
- If your device was damaged while in your family’s possession, you may contact the school office at (619) 420-3940 to set up a payment plan to fix or replace the damaged device. You may also contact the school office if the computer or WIFI hot spot device was lost or destroyed to set up a payment plan to replace the device.
- If you would like to return your device earlier (because you have your own computer and no longer need a district device), please contact the school office to arrange an earlier drop-off date and time.
Loma Verde vs. Rohr Virtual Field Day Has Started!
Please click on the link below to participate in our 2021 Field Day Activities Challenge! 😀
Click here for the information about the virtual field day events: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1SR701JsszctWXtE2IEXhiXNUVtEuwpeEISxFlUJ_JTw/edit?usp=sharing
We are very excited to have so many of our Wildcats back on campus! As always, please contact our Attendance Health Specialist, Irene Lemos, if your student will be absent from school for any reason, regardless of whether they are in hybrid or distance learning. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the reason for your child’s absence.
Please note, for students physically at school in hybrid learning, it is very important that parents/guardians speak with our office staff regarding the reason for any student absence from class. For the health and safety of all students and staff, students who are absent without parent contact will not be allowed back on campus until the parent/guardian discusses the reason for the absence with school office staff.
Returning to school if you reported your child absent due to being sick:
- If a student is sick, we will ask the parent to confirm which symptoms the student is experiencing.
- If symptoms align with symptoms of COVID-19, the school will follow the COVID-19-decision-tree English (Spanish) in collaboration with the school site nurse. If you have any questions, please feel free to call the school nurse, Linda Kucinski, at 619-420-3940.
- If symptoms are part of a chronic condition, the school will work with the school site nurse to determine next steps.
- If symptoms are not a possible symptom of COVID-19, the student will be welcomed back to school after following normal school health protocols.
- Please note, that we must follow the COVID-19 decision tree before your child can come back onto campus.
We look forward to an amazing rest of our school year. Thank you for your support of our learning environment.
6th Grade Promotion Information
The 6th-Grade Promotion car parade celebration is Tuesday, June 15 at 8:30 A.M. Details will be sent to 6th-grade families. A virtual promotion ceremony video link will be emailed.
Have You Changed Your Address, Email or Phone Number?
Have you changed your address, email address, or phone number since the start of the school year? Please notify the office in case we need to contact you in an emergency.
Zone Transfers and Students Not Returning 2021-2022
Click on Registrations and Zone Transfers for additional enrollment information for the 2021 – 2022 School Year.
Not returning to Loma Verde Next Year? Please let us know by May 21 by sending an email to email@example.com.
2021-2022 Kindergarten, TK, Preschool & New Student Registration
Kindergarten and NEW student registration began on March 15 for the 2021-2022 school year with a NEW online system. There will be no paper packets for this year’s registration. Those currently registered DO NOT have to reregister. You will just complete proof of residency when the time comes. CLICK HERE for further information. To view the district website for registration information, CLICK HERE
- Kindergartners who will be 5 years old on or before September 1st
- TK students who turn 5 years old between September 2 and December 2 TK-Welcome-Letter_English-and-Spanish-2021 TK-Locations-2021-2022-final1-1 Tk-Parent-Letter-Spanish TK-Parent-Letter-English
- NEW students in grades 1st through 6th
- Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-420-3940.
- All inquiries and registration for Preschool will be handled by the district’s Early Childhood Education office at (619) 425-2362 as they are able to share the most up-to-date information regarding this program. Click here for more information.
CVESD Honors Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month
Throughout the month of May, the Chula Vista Elementary School District will spotlight and celebrate the diverse communities that make up the Asian/Asian American/Pacific Islander communities as part of Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month. With the recent rise in Anti-Asian rhetoric and hate crimes in our country, we want to share insight and stories from and about Asian Americans in an educational way. Please see the link below for more information and discuss the importance of celebrating and honoring differences in our community with your children.
Return Loma Verde Library Books
Drop off library books at the front of the school as soon as possible. Many students still have books checked out from last school year. Thank you!
Contact us at email@example.com or 619-420-3940.
Get District and School Notifications 2019-20 SMS Text Opt-in Eng Sp combined
Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.