Our goal is to inform families of school events and provide important announcements for the coming week. Please sign up to follow this blog with your email. The weekly blog will be sent out at the beginning of each week through CVESD School Messenger, ClassDojo, Loma Verde’s Facebook page, and Twitter. Thank you for reading the weekly blog.
Are you a Parent of an English Learner or a Dual Immersion Parent? We invite you to get involved in ELAC (English Learner Advisory Committee) and learn how to support your child’s language development. It’s a great way to meet other parents in our school community! Please plan on joining us for our first ELAC meeting of the year on Thursday, August 15th at 8:30 in the auditorium.
If you are considering being a parent ELAC-English Learner Advisory Committee Representative (one year term), please click the link below. The date to turn in forms is Wednesday, Aug 14. Elections will be held on Aug. 15 at 8:30 am in the auditorium for officers. ENGLISH LEARNER COMMITTEE PARENT REPRESENTATIVE 2019
DUAL LANGUAGE IMMERSION PARENT MEETING – AUGUST 13
Join us on August 13 at 5:30 to learn about our Transitional Kindergarten (TK) through 6th-grade Dual Language Immersion program (DI) at Loma Verde. We will be sharing our Dual Immersion Handbook with the program overview, expectations, and DI contract with families. Please join us!
Visitors and volunteers will be allowed on campus beginning Monday, August 5. You must have your volunteer contract turned in, along with your TB test. Remember, if you are on campus more than 2 days a week, you must be fingerprinted. If you were unable to make the training, you are responsible for going through the LV Visitor and Volunteer PowerPoint, LV Volunteer Handbook 2019-20, and submitting the LV Visitor and Volunteer General Information Form English or LV Visitor and Volunteer General Information Form Spanish to the office. We are looking forward to having you volunteer on campus! Thank you!
PTO MEMBERSHIP DRIVE – PLEASE JOIN!
Families, we are doing a PTO Membership Drive this year. It is $5 per students or $10 per family. ALL money goes back to our school. Click on the link to access the PTO Membership Drive form: LVMembershipDrive19-20 . PTO membership dues will be spent on the following things this year:
- Classroom Fieldtrips
- Classroom Supplies for each classroom
- Library Books
- Maker Space Materials
- School Events
- Discounts on LV Spirit Gear (Save $2 on each Spirit Shirt)
- Free Movie Night Entrance
SPIRIT GEAR FOR SALE
We have new Loma Verde spirit gear for sale! Students can wear the new t-shirt and sweatshirt any day of the week OR the uniform shirt. Order forms can be picked up in the office. There is a discount on shirts if families join our PTO.
PERFECT ATTENDANCE FOR THE WEEK!
Congratulations to the following classes for having 100% attendance last week: Lee and Sandoval. Loma Verde’s overall attendance was 97.4% last week. Our goal is at least 98% every week. Be sure to bring your child to school every day and on time. Every minute of every day counts!
- You must have authorization to take pictures or videotape other people’s children per board policy. Additionally, a media release form must be signed and on file if students photos or videos are to be shared on any form of media, this includes social media. Unauthorized persons on or off-campus taking videos/pictures of students while on campus may be reported to the authorities.
- We have worked hard on bringing down our Chronic Absenteeism rate. Please make sure to read the parent handbook regarding attendance. Our continued goal will be an average daily rate of 98%. Help us make this possible. Students will perfect attendance and no tardies during the 1st quarter will be invited to a special inflatable slide party at school on the last day of the quarter.
- Below are the school calendars for the next two school years. Please consider these dates when planning family trips.
- 2019-20 Year Round Schools Calendar2020-21 Year Round Schools Calendar
August 13 – 12:00-2:00 DAC/DELAC Meeting @ district office
August 13 – 5:30 p.m. Dual Immersion Parent Meeting @ auditorium
August 15 – 8:30 ELAC Meeting & elections
August 22 – 8:30 Coffee with the Principal
August 26 – LifeTouch Picture Day
August 29 – Bus Evacuation Drill
September 2 – NO SCHOOL (Labor Day)
September 3 – 8:15 & 9:00 Jump Rope for Heart Kick-Off Assembly
September 12 – 8:30 ELAC Meeting
September 12 – BBQ Lunch with parents (during student lunchtime)
September 13 – 5:30-8:00 PTO Movie Night
September 12-20 Parent-Teacher Conferences (minimum days, students dismissed at 1:00)
September 16 – 6:00 A.G.E. (Adolescence Growth Education) Preview Night at CVESD District Office
September 20 – 8:30 Jump Rope for Heart Event
Get District and School Notifications 2019-20 SMS Text Opt-in Eng Sp combined
Loma Verde Twitter – @lomaverdeschool Our hashtag is #lomalearns
Follow us on the Loma Verde Facebook page.